OT: - One Last Time Around - Your Favorite Songs/Artists | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: One Last Time Around - Your Favorite Songs/Artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Early Fleetwood Mac - Danny Kirwan, Bob Welch, Peter Greene, etc. That era was a magical tour de force. Many great songs were written and recorded by them during this period. This is one of Kirwan's - "Sands of Time", lots of beautiful and hypnotic guitar riffs throughout:

Reaction Score
I Want To Know What Love Is..Foreigner
Seven and Seven is..Love
Signed D. C...Love
Don't Bogart That Joint( My Friend)..Fraternity of Man
You Keep Me Hanging On..Vanilla Fudge
In a Gada Da vida..Iron Butterfly
Sittin On Top of the World..Dead
Suzy Creamcheese..Frank Zappa

Reaction Score
There are a lot of great songs and artists, but I have to say the Beatles were the very first group I really got hooked on. They did so many great songs, it's hard to pick one. But I'll have to go with the song that was so good my father claimed it was an old standard because he liked it

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Love the horns on this song.

Chicago Beginnings
So I first saw these guys at UConn in 1968, when they only had their one double released. Fantastic.

I don't know how you feel about cover bands, many people don't like them, but IMHO these Russians are incredible. Give them a listen.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was gonna sit this one out, but what the heck. I freeze up when I see the word "favorite." So these are just songs I've liked at various different times over the years, some longer than others, still like all of them.

Ah, the 80s mid tempo power ballad! Some of them were a bit cheesy, and yet so awesome.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
In segments of the EDM/electronica genre, the producer/DJ gets most or all of the credit. Many of them don't sing, so they have to get a vocalist for their songs. Sometimes they bring in a big named, established vocalist, but many times they find these unheard of singers with great voices who for whatever reason never really get anywhere as a solo act. There are many examples of this, here's one of them. Not saying the vocalist (uses the stage name Runn) has the best voice, but there's something about it I find very captivating.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This guy has already popped up a couple times. I've never really taken to his other stuff, but this song still blows me away after all these years. To me it's one of the greatest songs ever, any genre.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This one is a cover song. I've seen her do it live several times. She tears it up. Gotta love a mid song instrument swap. And that's her pops jammin' on the slide guitar. Good thing I saw her when I did because I don't think she's toured outside her native Australia for 5 years or so.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How many do I get? I could post dozens. I'll just do one more for now. I got really into symphonic and goth metal for several years. Haven't been listening as much recently. There are other bands I like more, but this one particular song was one of the first that really hooked me and I still totally dig it.

Reaction Score
Traffic with Steve Winwood - so many great songs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member