Once again the well informed... | The Boneyard

Once again the well informed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What exactly is your issue with Syracuse? Did your dad die by choking on an orange?

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
What exactly is your issue with Syracuse? Did your dad die by choking on an orange?
For every me there are 25 on the Syracuse board who hate and are jealous of the Huskies. How many Syracuse fans do you think were rooting for us last year? Close to zero. F'em
The Bernie stuff is the great get even. Now they will have to shut the hell up.
And thanks for the edit on my previous post Obama.
I guess nobody edits those balloon knots on the Syracuse board. Do they?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
The obsession is scary, if I were a cop I would ban him from attending UConn/cuse games.

Reaction Score
35 posts, and I think 33 of them have to do with Syracuse.

Seek help immediately.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah, Syracuse, blah, blah, blah.

(Edited for stupidity.)

Maybe you need to edit all of your posts for stupidity...
or better yet, stop posting!

caw

Reaction Score
I can't be angry with Cuse, their fans are just jealous and that doesn't bring out the best in people. Pitt also, they are Pitt fans. That is just sad.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Kind of wish the OP wasn't edited so I could get a few laughs before going to bed

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
That thread is great, pure lunacy.

1) The OP actually was dumb enough to try and make fun of us by saying "Can you say championship?" Erm, Einstein, I believe we're familiar with the word, yes. :)
2) It's truly a sign of the apocalypse that a Cuse fan would talk smack about anyone's Nov/Dec schedule. Sure, ours sucks this year, but theirs sucks MONUMENTALLY EVERY YEAR. Nice that they actually left the State of NY by New Year's this year. Phew.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That thread is great, pure lunacy.

1) The OP actually was dumb enough to try and make fun of us by saying "Can you say championship?" Erm, Einstein, I believe we're familiar with the word, yes. :)
2) It's truly a sign of the apocalypse that a Cuse fan would talk smack about anyone's Nov/Dec schedule. Sure, ours sucks this year, but theirs sucks MONUMENTALLY EVERY YEAR. Nice that they actually left the State of NY by New Year's this year. Phew.

Edit: Thought you were talking about this post ... yes, the post on the Syracuse board is lunacy. I try to say off of there.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Just went over and read that thread. I have to admit it made me chuckle.

A couple of them have a bad habit of talking out of their .

Yes, I realize the irony of that statement considering who started this thread.

Reaction Score
lol @ someone over there saying that we're due for another early tourney exit. do they realize that they haven't been past the sweet 16 since Melo and have only been past there 2x since 89? what a delusional ass fanbase.

Reaction Score
lol @ someone over there saying that we're due for another early tourney exit. do they realize that they haven't been past the sweet 16 since Melo and have only been past there 2x since 89? what a delusional ass fanbase.

Not to mention the fact that Jim Calhoun has lost in the first round exactly one time in his 25 years at Uconn.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I have no issue with unabashed fans spewing off hyperbole ... we all do it.

The only thing I currently have an issue with is opposing fan bases thinking a) Calhoun/UConn cheats and b) we got a "slap on the wrist" last year and shouldn't have won the tournament as a result.

That's garbage.

Reaction Score
Why is NC State a much better team than Florida St? Don't get it.

Also, wait until UConn plays a BE center, Drummond will be shut down?

FSU's Bernard James is 6'10 and a big heavy load. Not sure there are many BE centers as good as James.

Drummond went 5 for 8 against him, 10 rebounds, 7 blocks, 3 steals, 12 points, 4 offensive rebounds, 2 fouls in 37 minutes (with a mask on!) while shooting 40% from the free throw line.

James shot 4-11, 100% from the FT line, 11 points, 14 rebounds, 1 block, in 34 minutes.

I'd say Drummond more than held his own.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wish I read SouthTampaBill's thread before it was edited.

It is normal for fans to rant against programs that are slightly above them. Caw accurately points out it comes from jealousy plus some trigger factor. No different than some fans on this site getting triggered by Duke. On a side note with UConn's last championship even that has diminished.

STB - most fans on this site like JB, primarily because of his friendship with JC. Furthermore, because UConn has had much greater recent success than Syracuse, most of us can afford to be more gracious than Cuse fans.

However, there will be a time when JB will be gone and Cuse will be open game, particularly because they are in the ACC. You are just a little ahead of the appropriate moment to bash them. Just lay low for a little while longer. When the right time comes you can be the designated Cuse basher.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I read the thread over there about our being excited about blowing out HC. While there are a few morons (namely the tard that thinks we'll have "another" early exit from the tournament), a good amount of the posts are reasonable and very empathetic, understanding why we are posting like we are about our team that has had no big test yet and has had yet to really have a good blowout to talk about. They allow that we have a very talented team, but that we are young and have yet to really develop good chemistry. As we know as more dedicated UConn followers, we are starting to see that with Boat and Drummond's emergence.

Most fanbases, including ours, is like that. Even balance of idiots and level-headed people. I usually don't mind Cuse fans.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
If anything, it makes me that much more excited for February to come.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
However the main thing I don't get about most of them is their harping on how doofy and insignificant TO is, then in the same thread they adamantly defend Melo's improvement. They're both sophomores, and TO has higher points and rebound averages playing similar minutes. So if Melo has improved significantly and is a factor in games, how is TO neither?

Reaction Score
Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe the reason SU rips UConn, and UConn rips SU is becuase.... GASP It's a big time rivalry?! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom