once again, i dont understand most of u | The Boneyard

once again, i dont understand most of u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wtf have some here been talking about for over a year now? surely not this topic....
wtf did we lose today?
-bball games vs gtown, nova and marq? thats 3 bball games a year.
-all of those schools sucked at girls bball
-besides sju they sucked at baseball, soccer etc was ok at best and surely other sports shouldnt register on your dam radars overall.

WTF DID WE LOSE? WHY ARE ALL OF U GOING NUTS?

do u honestly think uconn couldnt schedule a bball series with any of those 7 if we wanted to. your nuts and should have a helmet and knee pads on if u dont. letting them walk does not in any way hurt us. oh but our contract for tv in the NBE will be 2mil less. true, but we can schedule those schools ooc and the games can be picked up by sny or w/e and we will get that $ back becuase our bball is top notch and drives prices/audiences.

i swear that all the things i talk about are wacky, slick, con theorys and so on but atleast i know wtf is going on .

think about what u are all going nuts about. a basketball game vs providence and a softball game vs depaul. think about that. you guys are nutz. just a phone call to any of those schools gets uconn what ever it wants. its like michigan state calling detriot to do a 2-1 bball deal or rutgers calling shu. accept were uconn. those schools need to fill arenas and sell tickets. you telling me any of nova, gtown, sju, shu or prov would for a ssecond think to ay no? i bet susan did a good job relationship wise with them so that no matter where uconn goes in the future, we have good relationships and can schedule schools for historic ooc games. unlike other schools, uconn hung in here to the end as much by choice as u can not believe. that will go a long way for us in the future. when u see cuse beating up colgate and getting bad sos/rpi numbers and empty arenas just remember were playing a midmajo sju or prov etc and its great from many aspets from filling arenas to history.

do any of u realize that we could call marq right now and say we ant a girls bball 1-1 and they would give us home games for every other smaller sport just to make that happen? we are that powerful in the bball world. there are only 3 schools that carry that type of weight and we are 1 of them. i have no clue why ppl here are so misinformerd or just misunderstanding everything said the past year....

xavier, dayton, stl, butler, and siena. imho thats the best way for the bball schools to go right now and i hope they do. then get a contract with espn for 2 or 3 mil a team and have it reopn at 16, 18 and 20. now go on a search to find more. you have all the time in the world becuase no one else is this type of league and the smaller ones who are can't touch you. my guess is vcu, a boston school, a ct school(), drake, wsu, crei for starters get looks.

in the end it was a wild ride with these schools. they need to make that first add asap as it reups its strenght quickly both in recent sucess and perception. espn will help them with the later half i bet...
so to the bball schools, all your asses until we are fianlly all set, imho we will be seeing some of you at the xl soon in the future and prob 1 or 2 of u in the ncaas at some point.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's a lot of words. I don't think most people care about this. I don't. But most people are concerned that everybody but us (and Cincy and USF, I guess) has some sort of plan based on the type of athletic program they have.

Are you still harboring the fantasy that the B1G has a secret crush on us?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know you may not always be thrilled with mom and dad, but it still sucks to be an orphan.

Reaction Score
We currently do not have a conference with an automatic bid to any NCAA Tournament in any sport. And we're in an abysmal football conference, to boot.

Reaction Score
We currently do not have a conference with an automatic bid to any NCAA Tournament in any sport. And we're in an abysmal football conference, to boot.

But we can schedule Marquette and PC for hoops anytime we want.

We are now, and until we get out of this closterfack, a mid major athletics program, which essentially means we are out of business. That's what people care about Dan. For the love of God.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so u guys think uconn will be in the NNBE/CUSA2.0(w/e the name is) and that league wont have a bid to the ncaas in sports? once again u guys are just off rockers. is the ncaa going to go close up and hide or something jesus? mid major? yea, becuase this wasn't mid major yesterday? thats the whole point of striving for th upgrade right? more money, better stbalility mid to major lifestyle....

if uconn didn't join anywhere in bball lets say to get real crazy with this and then they make there own schedule so they have no auto ncaa bid, do u relaise they would still go the the tney almost every year becuase were uconn. were going to win 20 games and have brand power. the auot bid is a big joke of a way for u guys in bball to talk talk. how many years have we won it in bball? a good amount yes, but how many of those years have we actually needed(the auot bid specifically) it to get in the tney? come on now guys. its more valuable to soccer and baseball types but again, were good enough in those sports to get after it. i really think ppl are just not thinking things thru.

i think some here are blinded by there pasts being certain ways. play the bball only schools and having things "work out" if u will. i mean uconn just rose from nothing to something and got a invite that just doesn't exist in the fball world. now things seem doom and they want it to be just a finger snap. we will be fine but i think many can't handle some bumps in the road for the prise becuase they would rathe go back to the easy days of bball then stive and play ball for the future days as a "have" in the college football and sports world.

Reaction Score
When it's all said and done, UConn will be one of 80 teams in a non NCAA super league. The 7 Catholic schools, and any A-10 memembers that join them will eventually relegated to the hoops equivalent of 1-AA.
This may take a few more frustrating years. Or, it might happen in a few months. Make no mistake, however, it will eventually happen.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I will say that, as much as all this sucks... nothing right now has changed. Not yet. The future is crazy uncertain - and that will affect recruiting to an extent - but there is still time for us to be saved before REALLY hits the fan. Just wishin and hopin and prayin that it happens sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
so u guys think uconn will be in the NNBE/CUSA2.0(w/e the name is) and that league wont have a bid to the ncaas in sports? once again u guys are just off rockers. is the ncaa going to go close up and hide or something jesus? mid major? yea, becuase this wasn't mid major yesterday? thats the whole point of striving for th upgrade right? more money, better stbalility mid to major lifestyle....

if uconn didn't join anywhere in bball lets say to get real crazy with this and then they make there own schedule so they have no auto ncaa bid, do u relaise they would still go the the tney almost every year becuase were ****ing uconn. were going to win 20 games and have brand power. the auot bid is a big joke of a way for u guys in bball to talk talk. how many years have we won it in bball? a good amount yes, but how many of those years have we actually needed(the auot bid specifically) it to get in the tney? come on now guys. its more valuable to soccer and baseball types but again, were good enough in those sports to get after it. i really think ppl are just not thinking things thru.

i think some here are blinded by there pasts being certain ways. play the bball only schools and having things "work out" if u will. i mean uconn just rose from nothing to something and got a invite that just doesn't exist in the fball world. now things seem doom and they want it to be just a finger snap. we will be fine but i think many can't handle some bumps in the road for the prise becuase they would rathe go back to the easy days of bball then stive and play ball for the future days as a "have" in the college football and sports world.

You couldn't be reading the fanbase more incorrectly and honestly it's tough to keep up with you because you're all the over the place.

You think people are going nuts because they're worried about the NNBE not having an auto birth in the NCAA tourney? Are you that drunk right now?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You couldn't be reading the fanbase more incorrectly and honestly it's tough to keep up with you because you're all the over the place.

You think people are going nuts because they're worried about the NNBE not having an auto birth in the NCAA tourney? Are you that drunk right now?

one of the replys above u said that and i was talking about that becuase it was brought up in this thread. not sure where your trying to go with that....

i then at the bottom paragraph went back to the entitled attitude ppl here carry about uconn, then the bball feelings of old timers etc. i see the several different ways the fans here are split and all of them are ugly and stupid accept for a select few becuase eveyone is running around pants on the ground instead of thinking this thru.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
wtf have some here been talking about for over a year now? surely not this topic....
wtf did we lose today?
-bball games vs gtown, nova and marq? thats 3 ****ing bball games a year.
-all of those schools sucked at girls bball
-besides sju they sucked at baseball, soccer etc was ok at best and surely other sports shouldnt register on your dam radars overall.

Georgetown lost in the Men's soccer NCAA championship game this year Dan.

What we lost was a league to play in. Now we have none. We are independent, not just in football, but in all sports. You don't think that's a cause for concern? We don't even have a freaking league championship ticket to the NCAA tournment in basketball, they take that with them (7 schools playing for more than five years).

I expected this, I just hope our fearless leaders did as well and have a plan. Do you honestly think Boise, SDSU, CFU, SMU and Houston are still coming? Is that what you think? That's a big assumption. Why the hell would they? It's much more likely that we have ask for admission to CUSA or the MAC.

caw

Reaction Score
Let's assume conference realignment ends for the big 5, then UConn definitely got the short stick for football.

For hoops, I wouldn't mind playing Memphis, Cincy, Temple and even USF twice a year. UConn would basically be in UL's position before it joined the BE.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn will be fine. If anything else, the C7 leaving will likely expedite UConn gaining acceptance into another conference. Until then, enjoy the last bball games against Cuse and Pitt (maybe UL and ND too) and the 2013 home football schedule. Go Dahgs!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
ESPN is to blame for all of this mess. They wanted the super conferences so they could control what happened in football and basketball nationally. Now UConn is on the outside looking in. Damn ESPN and how they screwed over the state they have their headquarters in after huge tax breaks.

Reaction Score
one of the replys above u said that and i was talking about that becuase it was brought up in this thread. not sure where your trying to go with that....

i then at the bottom paragraph went back to the entitled attitude ppl here carry about uconn, then the bball feelings of old timers etc. i see the several different ways the fans here are split and all of them are ugly and stupid accept for a select few becuase eveyone is running around pants on the ground instead of thinking this thru.

I have no idea what you're saying....but all I want to know is.......do you understand me, hfd?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Georgetown lost in the Men's soccer NCAA championship game this year Dan.

What we lost was a league to play in. Now we have none. We are independent, not just in football, but in all sports. You don't think that's a cause for concern? We don't even have a freaking league championship ticket to the NCAA tournment in basketball, they take that with them (7 schools playing for more than five years).

I expected this, I just hope our fearless leaders did as well and have a plan. Do you honestly think Boise, SDSU, CFU, SMU and Houston are still coming? Is that what you think? That's a big assumption. Why the hell would they? It's much more likely that we have ask for admission to CUSA or the MAC.

this is what jimmy is mad at me about for adressing this type of thought. worst comes to worst we can join the bball schools in other sports. the ncaa bid fear with no league is a non starter. there is a reason we havn't gone with them...

i also expected this and have been talking about it for way to long now. for a while now i have also said the west schools will make a mwc of 16ish schools. bsu will use its politics to get idaho also into the conf and stuff liek that will go on. but ppl here aren't concerned with that becuase they are upset about uconn but dont see how the bigger picture of movements everywhere give u hints of things and where things are going.

if your usf or temple right now, then u should be very afraid. if espn pulls off this stronga rm move then those 2 are the ones.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I have no idea what you're saying....but all I want to know is.......do you understand me, hfd?

all good jimmy. i'm just confused why so many here are running around going nuts. i still hold that the acc is our worst landing and the b10 is possible. based on everything i have said. for those that dont want to believ it and are scared to death then the worst case is other sports with the bball onlys, puck in HE and fball in the cusa/nbe mash up. simple.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
When HuskyfanDan says he doesn't understand us...i feel a certain kinship with him because i don't understand anything he posts...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're either very, very stupid or this drunken cheerleader act of yours has taken over completely. Either way, you duck*ing talk to much and know too little.

This is potentially a devastating development for UConn. If nothing else, the Big East, even as crappy as it is now, is a semi-stable perch for UConn to hopefully wait out a better circumstance. Losing it will result in the rather quick destruction of our athletic program.

The people here are the ones who go to games and who write the checks that support UConn sports and the University of Connecticut as a whole. They are smarter than you, so STFU for once and perhaps you'll actually learn something.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're either very, very stupid or this drunken cheerleader act of yours has taken over completely. Either way, you duck*ing talk to much and know too little.

This is potentially a devastating development for UConn. If nothing else, the Big East, even as crappy as it is now, is a semi-stable perch for UConn to hopefully wait out a better circumstance. Losing it will result in the rather quick destruction of our athletic program.

The people here are the ones who go to games and who write the checks that support UConn sports and the University of Connecticut as a whole. They are smarter than you, so STFU for once and perhaps you'll actually learn something.

learn what? all this doom and gloom talk coming from 50 different angles? the ncaa bid, the bball schools, the tv contract blah blah blah

im going to have to call ripleys and ask for the worlds B1Ggest oven becuase the pie thats going to be served to this group of dooms day yarders here is going to be huge.

Reaction Score
I'll admit to being more with Dan on this. The CYO POTENTIAL (still potential, although likely) move was something we all wanted at one point. We are not an independent, we still have a conference. It's not the one we want right now, but the world is not flat and you did not drive over the edge. If we were in the ACC, we would feel equally unstable when FSU, Clemson, and others head out - and they will. Yes, the ACC will soon look a lot like the BE, circa 2002.

You can not react to any single move thinking the end is near - there are literally dozens of moves left to play out. The PAC12 eyes OU and UT; SEC covets Va Tech and UNC; BIG wants UVa and either UNC or BC/UConn; B12 and ACC just want to remain relevant. It would be nice if there was an adult in the room and said stop, what's the end game, and how do we get there - now, but the NCAA is useless and too many schools look like hookers on the street, so we have to wait. But I believe we will be fine.

Reaction Score
learn what? all this doom and gloom talk coming from 50 different angles? the ncaa bid, the bball schools, the tv contract blah blah blah

im going to have to call ripleys and ask for the worlds B1Ggest oven becuase the pie thats going to be served to this group of dooms day yarders here is going to be huge.

I continue to hold out hope that you're right, Dan. That hope is eroding, I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom