On to UNC | The Boneyard

On to UNC

Reaction Score
Well, KU (especially KJ Adams) was very effective in switching on D and limiting our half court offense because of their athleticism. Our athleticism was also hampered by no SC and a hobbled CS. KJ Adams sure locked AK down too and you can debate DC’s athleticism.

I haven’t watched UNC yet this year but I have to assume their athleticism is on par with KU. What is the coaching staff going to do to get us to speed up the game and hopefully get easier points? You have to assume UNC will follow the KU script and maybe they have the athletes to do it?

Yes, hopeful that SC will be available but he hasn’t played in a while so tempering my expectations. I am assuming that CS will still be hobbled and not
really near 100%.

Reaction Score
Now that we got a taste of what Hurley can do in March I have my eye on another ring. These early wins are surely super important for our seeding come tourney time but a huge factor in #5 was our overall health: I'd rather be healthy in March than win an extra non-con and risk further injury. I'm referring mainly to rushing Castle back for UNC if he's not ready.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seems like a couple other guys were banged up in the Kansas game (Clingan and Spencer). We gave a great effort against Kansas. But it was the Newton show. To think he will do the same vs. UNC is not realistic. Not sure what's ailing Karaban, but hopefully he snaps out of it. His issues have lasted several games now so I'm not sure what is up with him. We need the rest of the team to step up.

I was fine with the Kansas loss. Battled back, took the lead, gave it back, and were in it at the end. What you would expect from #4 vs. #5 at their place. My $.02 - I won't be ok with a loss to UNC. Unless we have other guys who are injured and can't play.

Reaction Score
Ingram is a physical load in the line of Adams but much more talented offensively. Think Clingan and SJ can negate or even hurt Bacots impact but lots depend on a guy like RJ Davis and if he’s making shots, very streaky but quick as hell. Ryan similar to Cam although not as good a player.

This is an intriguing matchup!

Reaction Score
We’re pretty banged up and in the last three games NC has averaged over 89 points against Nova, Arkansas, and Tennessee. They will be sky high for us as the reigning national champs, and a higher ranked team than them.

Will be very pleased if we get a W.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
UNC down at the half to FSU at home now.

Reaction Score
Now that we got a taste of what Hurley can do in March I have my eye on another ring. These early wins are surely super important for our seeding come tourney time but a huge factor in #5 was our overall health: I'd rather be healthy in March than win an extra non-con and risk further injury. I'm referring mainly to rushing Castle back for UNC if he's not ready.
If you learned anything from last year, it should be that seeding is only mildly important. Yes, I’d always rather have a better seed than a worse one, but one upset makes what was a harder draw easier than what was an easier draw.

Reaction Score
Harrison Ingram is in the same mold of the 4s that have given Karaban trouble so far during his career and especially to start this year, if he's gonna get lit up again he's gonna have to put up numbers on offense to offset the other end

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Harrison Ingram is in the same mold of the 4s that have given Karaban trouble so far during his career and especially to start this year, if he's gonna get lit up again he's gonna have to put up numbers on offense to offset the other end

Yeah and this is where we seem to not be sure with what we want to do on defense

Reaction Score
Relatively short turnaround until UNC on Tuesday. Hopefully we heal up and everyone is healthy and ready to go.

Reaction Score
If you learned anything from last year, it should be that seeding is only mildly important. Yes, I’d always rather have a better seed than a worse one, but one upset makes what was a harder draw easier than what was an easier draw.
Plus if you’re a top seed I feel like the committee cares more about region placement.

And I want this East region. I really really want it.

Reaction Score
100% I am rarely concerned with seeding and the non-con wins that the committee considers when seeding, especially with our top 25 teams. Only really an issue with teams of ours that have ducked in and out of the top 25.

Reaction Score
Plus if you’re a top seed I feel like the committee cares more about region placement.

And I want this East region. I really really want it.
Why?? It’s never been that good to us as a high seed

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still want to win as a five, a six and an eight. We've already done one, two, three, four and seven.

Reaction Score
I’m not explaining to you why I want us to go through Brooklyn and Boston

Even you and your room temp IQ should be able to figure it out
Lol…..and I’m telling you how many times we’ve been to the FF as a high seed in the East: ZERO.

Even an idiot with a “room temp IQ” can figure that out. So I guess that means your IQ is a number on a clock??

Reaction Score
We’ve been the exception, typically a high seed wins it all. Idk if we win in 14 without MSG
Agree….:but we were a 7 in 14…..:doubtful we are that low this year. At least we better not be.

Reaction Score
The chances are very good that TN will not duplicate his results vs Kansas, so the play of others will need to improve dramatically if UConn is to best Carolina! Should be interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom