On to UNC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

On to UNC

Reaction Score
haven’t watched UNC yet this year but I have to assume their athleticism is on par with KU.
Not even close. Carolina is not on the same level athletically as Kansas. Adams is bigger and stronger than Ingram. Cormac Ryan is at the same level athletically as cam Spencer. He won’t be a mismatch for anyone. And Carolina’s 2 guards, Davis and Cadeau, are 6’ featherweights.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We were one wide open missed three from stealing a road game at one of the toughest home courts in America against one of the best teams in the country

They took us out of our offense early. We adjusted, looked much better later

We also uncharacteristically missed free throws

I'm just not worried. I'm Arrogant and Spoiled.

Reaction Score
My confidence against UNC is probably the kiss of death, but I don't see a path to a UNC win if we are as healthy as we were on our last trip to UNC and have Castle back. Guard RJ Davis tight and their ability to score enough from deep to win is done. We have size to guard him + quickness with Diarra/Ball to be in his face or harass Cadeau. Bacot may make a few plays but I think both Clingan and Johnson can neutralize him. With bigger guards and a bigger center, and a better player at the 4, their defense has to rely on us continuing to miss open shots. I actually think we will/should kick butt.

I haven't rewatched Kansas yet, but we played 2 bigs at times and that is something that will improve. On more than 1 occasion Clingan and Samson both took the same man defensively and left someone open. I didn't notice the offensive end. Samson in general didn't look as comfortable at the 4 as he should. Improvement of that lineup will be a major upgrade to combat certain teams with size in the post season.

Reaction Score
Lol…..and I’m telling you how many times we’ve been to the FF as a high seed in the East: ZERO.

Even an idiot with a “room temp IQ” can figure that out. So I guess that means your IQ is a number on a clock??
Right so there must be some magical force that will disallow UConn from ever advancing far in the tournament as a high seed in the East

Of our gaggle of village idiots here you sure are consistent in your moronic takes

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
How does our matchup look? I hear all about their four and five but nothing about their guards and wings.
Lots of shot takers, offense isn’t the best. Bacot will have problems chasing Johnson off high ball screens. He’s decent defending back to the basket guys like Donovan.

Does anyone have an update on Cam Spencer’s foot and Donovan’s foot? We’re going to be thin on Tuesday I think…

Reaction Score
Lots of shot takers, offense isn’t the best. Bacot will have problems chasing Johnson off high ball screens. He’s decent defending back to the basket guys like Donovan.

Does anyone have an update on Cam Spencer’s foot and Donovan’s foot? We’re going to be thin on Tuesday I think…
Update coming tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Well, KU (especially KJ Adams) was very effective in switching on D and limiting our half court offense because of their athleticism. Our athleticism was also hampered by no SC and a hobbled CS. KJ Adams sure locked AK down too and you can debate DC’s athleticism.

I haven’t watched UNC yet this year but I have to assume their athleticism is on par with KU. What is the coaching staff going to do to get us to speed up the game and hopefully get easier points? You have to assume UNC will follow the KU script and maybe they have the athletes to do it?

Yes, hopeful that SC will be available but he hasn’t played in a while so tempering my expectations. I am assuming that CS will still be hobbled and not
really near 100%.
I’ve watched a few UNC games and from what I can tell they have no one on the roster on par with kj Adam’s athleticism. They recruited transfers who specialize in shooting to surround bacot. They go around 9 deep but they’ll probably end up going 8 or 7 deep by march.

Reaction Score
Davis and Cadeau, are 6’ featherweights.
Newton will have a big physical advantage against their guards.

But they will have a quickness advantage at the same time. We might have trouble keeping them out of the paint. Ball will have to use his physically smartly in his matchup.

There is a reason almost all of UNCs games have been shootouts. Bacot can't space, so Clingan can protect the paint, but that does leave Bacot for cleanup orebs and lobs/deep catches that week need to be really crisp on helping while still keeping the corners covered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom