On Ollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

On Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What exactly is Ollie going to do when they brick free throws, missed bunnies and the refs blow whistles on every off the ball hand check and screen? DHam gets worse every game. Purvis reverts. Boat is still on one leg. Omar needs help scoring. All of these things add up.
He has to have these guys constantly shooting free throws. It does look like UConn may need to win the tournament at home to get a bid.
Tulsa could be better than people think just like WV and Yale.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ollie didn't have a great game. But do you really need to coach "don't travel", "don't step out of bounds with the ball", or "hey, try to hit your free throws" during the game? You'd think this team would know those things already.

Reaction Score
What do they practice. They can't inbound they cant hit free throws they consistently fight for same rebound with each other.

Reaction Score
Purvis, Hamilton, Calhoun, and Boat all didn't show up.
Hamilton made a ton of effups but he led us with 16 pts and was actually hustling all night. Boat (who we should give a lil slack-this was the anniversary of his cousin's death) didn't show up. Omar missed a shot badly then ran and hid. Purv was out of control.

Reaction Score
What do they practice. They can't inbound they cant hit free throws they consistently fight for same rebound with each other.
That's Facey. Every single time it's Facey. Love his passion for boards but he costs us 2-3 possessions a game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This team is soo wildly inconsistent; 15 games we still don't know what our best lineup is. Another point that I want to make, Facey rarely catches any heat on here... Yet he is just completely non existent at times. I legitimately forget he is on our team sometimes. We cant have multiple offensive liabilities on the court at the same time, he needs to step up.

Reaction Score
This can be summed up as, we don't have enough talent. Getting one top 25-50 player isn't going to change that.

Who is he supposed to play? Daniel hamilton is at worst our third best player, and besides boat the only one on the team with any real basketball skills. Yes he is out of control at times but he's a freshman. He makes plenty of plays.

That's thw problem. Facey can be great or terrible or non existent . Brimah can be great or he can be terrible at times or non existent. Omar can be great or terrible or non existent. Rodney can be ok or absolutely God awful. Samuel can be ok or terrible or non existent. Cassel can be ok or terrible. And phil. Well we all know phil can only be terrible

That isn't a very good scenario for a coach. This team has a lot of promise but there's so many unknowns. Hardly anyone is consistent or you at least know what you're gonna get.

Ollie has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a hell of a coach. Nobody besides boat has demonstrated that they can consistently play

C

Chief00

I will say the obvious - of course KOs off court situation affects him - anyone who has been through that kind of situation will tell you that. He says he is a feel coach so that may mean it's will be even harder for him to compartmentalize.
Having said that if your team can't shoot the game becomes really difficult and missed FTs and open 3's will kill any coaching strategy.

Reaction Score
Ollie has been horrible coaching this year for the most part. They still have no idea to flash a man to the ft line when the other team plays zone. There inbounds plays on offense and defense have gotten worst as the season has progressed. Let's not even talk about the ISO offense for RP. My god that guy is not a great one on one player. He is a fullback trying to go up the middle all the time. Very selfish team with no concepts of ft shooting. Effort is there but fundamentals have been horrible. I think the divorce has gotten the best of Ollie this year. Well I hope that is the reason.

Reaction Score
Ollie has been horrible coaching this year for the most part. They still have no idea to flash a man to the ft line when the other team plays zone. There inbounds plays on offense and defense have gotten worst as the season has progressed. Let's not even talk about the ISO offense for RP. My god that guy is not a great one on one player. He is a fullback trying to go up the middle all the time. Very selfish team with no concepts of ft shooting. Effort is there but fundamentals have been horrible. I think the divorce has gotten the best of Ollie this year. Well I hope that is reason.
my guy this is false, we've had an elite defense this whole year. our adjusted defense is outstanding.

"no concepts of ft shooting"

Reaction Score
What do the assistant coaches do? can they speak up or are they in the bench just to take notes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
What do the assistant coaches do? can they speak up or are they in the bench just to take notes.

As long as they were great players, that's good enough, apparently.

Time for this staff to hire a few recruiting ninjas.

Reaction Score
Purvis played selfish ball at the beginning of the second half when Tulsa made their run. First time on a fast break taking it to the rim instead of passing it back to two open players and then MISSING both f/t's . Then next few times trying to force baskets which lead to more easy Tulsa fast break points. A 5 pt game became a 12 point game like that.

Reaction Score
Purvis played selfish ball at the beginning of the second half when Tulsa made their run. First time on a fast break taking it to the rim instead of passing it back to two open players and then MISSING both f/t's . Then next few times trying to force baskets which lead to more easy Tulsa fast break points. A 5 pt game became a 12 point game like that.
instincts wise he needs to work hard on his game, will be here spring 2016.

Reaction Score
my guy this is false, we've had an elite defense this whole year. our adjusted defense is outstanding.

"no concepts of ft shooting"
I only said defense on inbounds plays. The rest is fundamentals on offense.

Reaction Score
So you take your frustrations out by bashing kids on a message board?

Great example you are setting

oh god get off your high horse. We are fans and as fans we criticize. Doesn't make us trolls just shows some of us can take off our UConn goggles and see this isn't a good team.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Postgame, in a span of a few sentences he said there would be changes and that there would not be changes so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom