On Ollie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

On Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3rd bass you are funny. ollie has done a horrible job? our defense for the most part has been great and that is on him. we lost the wvu with 6/7 players and they are a top 10-15 team, texas without purvis and calhoun, yale was bad but even that game boat was injured, temple in ot without boat the second half and limping around in the first half, last night was also bad but you could tell boat was out of it and for good reason. were young and inconsistent and ollie cant change that about the players. so shut up and get some facts

Reaction Score
The players want to do well. They need a coach to develop them into the team they need to be. It's one thing to say a player or two had an off night. But, the whole team? That's coaching.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As long as they were great players, that's good enough, apparently.

Time for this staff to hire a few recruiting ninjas.

I was also one who felt that having the UConn family as coaches would be a great thing to instill history, pride and a specific work ethic.
I know that Hobbs and Miller are skilled recruiters as well as KO can probably melt any mother's/grandmother's heart.
However, there might be a need for someone outside the family who has a reach into the midwest, the southwest etc. Someone who can offer a "non UConn" view of what makes the program so great. Recruits listen to these guys and maybe thinking, what do they know besides UConn.
I am not one to question any of these men's abilities to translate knowledge and experience onto the practice floor, but, IF K Freeman works with the big guys everyday, why is PN, AB, Roc and KF not getting better at boxing out and positioning for rebounds - K Free never had that issue. Why are the guards having issues with turnovers, shot slection and fighting through screens when 3 of the coaches were accomplished guards?
I'm not trying to be negative, but am just thinking outloud and trying to wrap my arms around why this team has become such a puzzle.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
3rd bass you are funny. ollie has done a horrible job? our defense for the most part has been great and that is on him. we lost the wvu with 6/7 players and they are a top 10-15 team, texas without purvis and calhoun, yale was bad but even that game boat was injured, temple in ot without boat the second half and limping around in the first half, last night was also bad but you could tell boat was out of it and for good reason. were young and inconsistent and ollie cant change that about the players. so shut up and get some facts
telling someone to shut up gets nowhere and is plain stupid and ugly

Reaction Score
I did quote some facts. Re-read my post and I never said he has done bad on defense except for the inbounds plays. I'm sorry the freshman excuse doesn't fly halfway through the season when they keep having the same issues on offense ball movement and getting someone at the foul like against the zone. We only have one person who can break you down off the dribble and not enough shooters to not to have better ball movement this far into the season.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think people are looking at what Hobbs did in the 90s and assuming he is still a recruiting ninja.

The staff needs AAU connections. They don't have them. Glen Miller and Hobbs ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom