On a scale of 0-10, how enjoyable was that game? | The Boneyard

On a scale of 0-10, how enjoyable was that game?

So where would you rate your enjoyment level for UCONN vs. WSU?

• 10 - doesn't get much better

Votes: 46 43.4%
  • 8 - very enjoyable, but not the greatest thing in the world

Votes: 32 30.2%
  • 6 - fun to watch, but I've enjoyed better

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • 4 - meh - blowouts are boring

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • 2 - not entertaining at all

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 0 - couldn't be bothered with such a lopsided UCONN victory

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So with 0 being "hated it" and 10 being "simply awesome", where would you rate your enjoyment level watching that game? I'm curious because some people have stated they dislike the blowouts and would much rather enjoy watching a game that is more competitive...

For me personally it was a 10 out of 10. Seeing all 5 starters at the peak of their games - it was more than a layup drill - it was spectacular defense, helping lead to incredible offense, and everyone was involved in every way possible. But I get that not everyone feels that way...

Reaction Score
Well, I didn't use my tickets and went to this instead. Opera, I realize, isn't for everyone, but it was one of the greatest afternoons I can remember. Fantastic production values (they take you backstage between acts), and you can go in your jeans, munch on your sandwich, slouch in movie stadium seats, and it's the Met for only $20. If you do love opera, do not miss the next ones in the series! I watched the score of the game on my phone, and was very glad for my choice!
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 4.23.31 PM.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think it is hard to separate the enjoyment of the game from the enjoyment and great feelings the team give us in relationship to the season as a whole. I think what made this game a truly perfect 10 was not the game itself (although that was a 10) but how it helped positively address so many concerns that popped up before the game.

1) Worst offensive game in many years is followed by the best (2nd best in history)
2) Fear of using our bench against UCF is followed by a bench performance which was the best this season in front of our fans
3) Walking wounded and tired players from the UCF game on the road were able to get great rest.
4) Concern about Crystal and how her long layoff may have affected her and how she responded. With an inspiring performance and perhaps the best pass by a UConn player this year. :D
5) Great confidence booster for the Louisville game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lots of fun to watch the pass happy Huskies throw the ball around like the Harlem Globetrotters and shoot lights out for the whole game, while forcing 28 TO’s.

I’m just wondering how much Louisville will enjoy watching this game tomorrow as part of their preparation to face the Huskies on Monday night. :eek::mad::confused::oops::(

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, I didn't use my tickets and went to this instead. Opera, I realize, isn't for everyone, but it was one of the greatest afternoons I can remember. Fantastic production values (they take you backstage between acts), and you can go in your jeans, munch on your sandwich, slouch in movie stadium seats, and it's the Met for only $20. If you do love opera, do not miss the next ones in the series! I watched the score of the game on my phone, and was very glad for my choice!
View attachment 28487
Most Donizetti should be done with opulence. I've got Town Hall and a piano recital tomorrow here in NYC. It will be jeans and Starbucks for me.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It was better in person. The crowd was into it and everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Our section started cheering for Wichita in the 4th quarter. We were really enjoying the game.
So jealous, had to watch it on ESPN3, there was a delay of about 2 seconds between what was happening and the sound.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
View attachment 28487
Oh the irony of you at the opera and us watching UConn-WSU: Both events were over right after the fat lady sang...:D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I prefer the music of a perfectly in-sync team followed by the sound of three pt shots "swishing" through the nets. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
View attachment 28487
While you were at the opera, the rest of us were watching the symphony. ;)

Reaction Score
It was better in person. The crowd was into it and everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Our section started cheering for Wichita in the 4th quarter. We were really enjoying the game.

I must have been in the A HLe section. Every time walker or z made a bad play they would grown and get annoyed. I'm like do these people expect perfection? We're up plus 50!!!!!

Reaction Score
Definitely a 10; I feel much better when the team plays beautifully, and I don't have to worry as I did in the ND and Texas games.
Note: No gray unis at XL? Whites for Monday for sure. Batouly w/out her hardware looking frisky. I still think her upside is great; she'll be a welcome player next year. Finally: we've already had intimations of what Meg can do, now Mikayla enters the mix--you can watch and feel her getting into it. The future is incredibly bright; we're very fortunate to be even a small part of this wonderful UConn adventure. Kudos to all.

Reaction Score
not that anyone cares, but I didn't rate it highly. again not that anyone cares, but my kind of enjoyable game is the one they busted their butts to win in Austin, where my butt was planted on the edge of chair the whole 40 minutes.
I vote games highly when it displays beautiful basketball that exhibits freedom of movement and not constant fouling and game stoppages.

Reaction Score
Without a doubt a 10. It was so encouraging to see Crystal back in the lineup and the rest of the team feeding off her energy. Monday night' s game with Louisille looks a lot more winnable with Crystal at the point.

Reaction Score
A 10 for sure. Fluid offense, the defense forcing a lot of TO's and the great showing of the bench. Very positive thing to see for me personally.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This team is a marvel of unity. They enjoy each other and share so well. This season has been so, so hard with travel and injuries. So yes I enjoyed the heck out of them having so much fun turning a ball game into absolute artistry.

JordyG

Reaction Score
0-10?

giphy.gif
I was at the game but never made to my seat. I got lost backstage. I did hear UConn's band drummer explode though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was at the game but never made to my seat. I got lost backstage. I did hear UConn's band drummer explode though.
At least they didn't asphyxiate on their vomit (well actually someone else's). :D

JordyG

Reaction Score
At least they didn't asphyxiate on their vomit (well actually someone else's). :D
Jimi was my boy. Saw him 4x, and his death still hurts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom