Omar deserves his own thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Omar deserves his own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I noticed that Calhoun made a couple drives to the hoop before he attempted his outside shot. I think that could be a recipe to build his confidence and find his range going forward.

UConn is in Finals Week so we won't find out if that is a trend or a one game abberation. Unfortuately/fortunately (depends how you look at it) the game on the 20th is vs an assumed inferior opponent, thou I admit that I know almost nothing about UMass-Lowell.
They are our second opponent ranked 300+ by KenPom. Maine was the first opponent and we beat them 100-56. We should be able to beat UMass-Lowell by 30+ points. CCSU on 12/23 is our third and final 300+ team on the schedule.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I noticed that Calhoun made a couple drives to the hoop before he attempted his outside shot. I think that could be a recipe to build his confidence and find his range going forward.

Even if it doesn't lead to more buckets, this is what I want to see. It was a very well rounded effort from Omar. That helps us in a number of ways, because he's versatile at his size.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They are our second opponent ranked 300+ by KenPom. Maine was the first opponent and we beat them 100-56. We should be able to beat UMass-Lowell by 30+ points. CCSU on 12/23 is our third and final 300+ team on the schedule.

I have no idea why this game is on the schedule. None. They might as well scrimmage themselves: better competition.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have no idea why this game is on the schedule. None. They might as well scrimmage themselves: better competition.
UMass Lowell has one of the best hockey teams in the country right now, but the metal blades would really duckk up the wood if they wear them on the basketball court.;)

Reaction Score

Yep as he said he drove a few times before hoisting up an outside shot. I think this was critically important to get him a feel for the game before jacking up shots.

Reaction Score
Omar is a good player if he makes shots. If he doesn't, he isn't a good player.

So, I hope he keeps hitting shots!!!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Omar is a good player if he makes shots. If he doesn't, he isn't a good player.

So, I hope he keeps hitting shots!!!

He does more than just hit shots though. He just can't let missing affect the rest of his game, which it has seemed to do in the past.

Reaction Score
I probably should mark that Ohio St game down on a calendar because I think it was when my wife first showed glimpses of understanding the game. Usually watch with her at home but went to watch with my brother, and she actually watched it on TV alone, and texts me when Omar hits his first shot to say that Omar was playing the hardest for the team and was doing it all out there, and she was right. That wasn't that shocking, but when Omar then continued to play his best ball of the year or a few, I began to think my wife has some mojo hidden inside her. One of the first games of the season she was begging for Facey to get some time and then he burst in and scored a few buckets in a row.

Reaction Score
He does more than just hit shots though. He just can't let missing affect the rest of his game, which it has seemed to do in the past.

I agree with you that the rest of his on-court game is dependent on his shot making. If he's hitting, he plays hard aggressive D. If he's not, he can tend to be passive.

With regards to the rest of his game, I have yet to see anything else that Omar does on the court at an average or better level other than shoot 3's, but that doesn't make him a bad player, it just makes him one demensional.

That was my point, I guess. If he makes shot, he is a very good one-dimensional player. I'll take somebody who hits corner threes at 40% all day on the floor. If he doesn't make shots, the rest of his game is depressed, so he is just a blank on the court.

Make Shots Omar!!! Rooting for you.

caw

Reaction Score
Seems this warrants a bump. Back to back games for Omar. Suddenly shooting 12/26 from three on the year and 13/15 from the FT line. Only 3/7 from two, from what I could find.

Reaction Score
Omar is a senior, we all knew he would see floor time. Was he made a captain?

He seems like he knows what Ollie needs from 'them' and is leading by example, even if shots aren't falling. He will be valuable come Feb/March and we will be expecting this kind of performance.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The last two games, he's been played decent D, but offensively, he's been perfect.
8 for 8 from the field
5 for 5 from 3
7 for 7 from the line
4 boards
3 assists
2 steals

Omar not comin' -- Omar here, now!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Time well deserved, kids playing hard and making an impact off the bench. Good for Omar, really good!

Hell, good for UCONN. Good for us too.

Reaction Score
Two things with Omar: health and confidence. He has both going for him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom