Olympic team....5:45 on Friday....who makes it? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olympic team....5:45 on Friday....who makes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
the russions, australians, and lithuanians all have 6'8 and taller players.. we should too.Griner is in.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Per courant text. Link provided in text was to old article, however.

Reaction Score
11 Players Named

Bird, Catchings, Taurasi, Augustus, Fowles, Cash, Parker, Moore, Charles, McCoughtry, Whalen

When does the 12th player get named?

Reaction Score
Yep there will be 2 more. Those were the only ones posted by USA basketball so far

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wow...no Griner. Shame on USA Basketball for choosing the Friday before the Final Four for making this announcement. She must be greatly disappointed.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Seems like a very dramatic development. Now you've got a lot of people waiting on pins and needles for that last spot, including Griner of course.

I can only think that they wanted to see her performance in the Final Four before seeing if she was really ready. If that's the case, they should never have said they were going to announce at this time. They should have pushed the entire 12 to a "later date".

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Seems like a very dramatic development. Now you've got a lot of people waiting on pins and needles for that last spot, including Griner of course.

I can only think that they wanted to see her performance in the Final Four before seeing if she was really ready. If that's the case, they should never have said they were going to announce at this time. They should have pushed the entire 12 to a "later date".

I think this is a horrible way to handle this. Griner cannot help but be affected by this announcement. Quite frankly, I'm angry as this could affect her play.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
or dont wanna make it a distraction while the game is televised... good move!

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Should have either named all 12 members of the squad or none of them. Can't think of a good explanation for this action.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
affect her play? she shouldn't be acting like she's a lock for a spot... she's a Baylor basketball player 1st, she needs to focus on Sunday's game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
affect her play? she shouldn't be acting like she's a lock for a spot... she's a Baylor basketball player 1st, she needs to focus on Sunday's game.

I agree that when the ball goes up, it won't be on her mind at all, but if I were BG it would be nice to know one way or the other. And not just Brit, but Ashja, Dupree, whoever. Just a very messy way for the committee to have gone about things.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree that when the ball goes up, it won't be on her mind at all, but if I were BG it would be nice to know one way or the other. And not just Brit, but Ashja, Dupree, whoever. Just a very messy way for the committee to have gone about things.

I think that for her play, it won't affect her. I think that for her Final Four experience it will have a dampening effect on the amount of enjoyment.

I think I am being misunderstood. I am not mad about her not being on the team; disappointed yes. I am mad that this disappointing announcement would come at a time when she should have nothing else to think about other than the Final Four and her overall enjoyment.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sorry...let me recant. Yes, it could affect her play. Who knows how the subconscious works.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Any...congrats to UCONN on the 5 players. Each player's selection is well deserved and well earned. USA Basketball is lucky to have each of these women representing the county.

Reaction Score
Per ESPN: Only 11 of the 12 roster spots were announced. The final spot could go to Baylor junior Brittney Griner, who is playing in the Final Four this weekend in Denver.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketb...huskies-highlight-us-women-hoops-olympic-team

According to this article, only nine players were initially announced for the
2008 team, and incomplete rosters were also initially announced for the
2000 and 2004 teams as well. Looks like something they routinely do.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sorry...let me recant. Yes, it could affect her play. Who knows how the subconscious works.

exactly!

BG focus should be on Stanford... the Olympic plane doesnt leave before Tuesday.

I think it would be a silly distraction but now its may be even worse with all the speculation

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
According to this article, only nine players were initially announced for the
2008 team, and incomplete rosters were also initially announced for the
2000 and 2004 teams as well. Looks like something they routinely do.

Very interesting..............good perspective. The 11 of 12 announcement seemed very odd at the time, but obviously it's not.

Reaction Score
"Quite frankly, I'm angry as this could affect her play."

"I think that for her play, it won't affect her."

I'm confused.....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads