Ollie quotes after the game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie quotes after the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly, the call was terrible and the technical was even worse - the ref had no business calling either one of them for many reasons and in-so-doing heavily influenced the outcome of the game. That ref, whoever the he is, should have swallowed his whistle on the first foul and even more so on the T.

KO made a bad mistake but it was a justified reaction to a terrible call that, given the context, absolutely should have not been called.
Throwing papers everywhere is not a justified reaction - he should've chewed the officials out over the call, but as soon as he tossed the papers, they had no choice but to T him up.

Even better, Ollie shouldn't wait till the last 2:30 to get on the ref's case. His team continues to get the short end of it in terms of calls, so it's time he starts letting ref's hear it more often.

Reaction Score
I just noticed Warde was right there where the papers were. Talk about up close and personal.

Ollie seems to have the occasional rage issue.

The refs don't seem to respect him, or be intimidated by him. Sometimes, I think he comes off as whiny. If you're not a JC, or Huggins type, that okay. But he needs to learn to errupt and draw a T early in the game to set the tone, rather than always getting them during crunch time. He's had that happen before , if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
The refs don't seem to respect him, or be intimidated by him. Sometimes, I think he comes off as whiny. If you're not a JC, or Huggins type, that okay. But he needs to learn to errupt and draw a T early in the game to set the tone, rather than always getting them during crunch time. He's had that happen before , if I remember correctly.

They already think he's a good guy, coaches his kids and doesn't allow them to get mad at a call and neither does he more or less. He needs to stand his ground and give them an earful, relentlessly on occasion. Have to show your team you have their back I know JC did and the fact the refs didn't like him was because they were a bit scared of him. Do we see make up calls? Never, Lord knows we got them quite often under JC.

HAVE to have some sense of respect from the stripes.

Reaction Score
So let's start the hate mail vs the ref. What's his address?

Reaction Score
Throwing papers everywhere is not a justified reaction - he should've chewed the officials out over the call, but as soon as he tossed the papers, they had no choice but to T him up.

Even better, Ollie shouldn't wait till the last 2:30 to get on the ref's case. His team continues to get the short end of it in terms of calls, so it's time he starts letting ref's hear it more often.

Agree to disagree on the reaction even though you're probably right, given the rules, about the necessity to call a t with papers on the floor.

I also agree that KO must do a much better job of getting on the officials. Calhoun was one of the best at it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree on the reaction even though you're probably right, given the rules, about the necessity to call a t with papers on the floor.

Definitely can't throw anything on the court. Automatic T. Easy Call. Unfortunately the foul just before was a garbage call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom