Ollie quotes after the game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie quotes after the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It did cost us only 1 point - we lost by 10
Except an argument could be made that Trimble missed 1 of the first 2 FTs which without the tech would have made it a 4pt game instead of a 6pt game so really it cost us 2 points.

I don't think the tech is the reason we lost, but a head coach should know that during a furious run late in the game against a premier opponent, you CAN NOT hand the other team free points. It just can't happen.

Reaction Score
Adams can't put his hands on a defender in front of the ref 90 feet away. It was a touch and at that point in the game the ref should not have called it but legally could. It cost us 3 points because it never should have been called. A possible game changer.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Except an argument could be made that Trimble missed 1 of the first 2 FTs which without the tech would have made it a 4pt game instead of a 6pt game so really it cost us 2 points.

An argument could be made that he misses all 4, gets so upset that he starts crying at center court for the rest of the game and UConn wins by 8.

Except that didn't happen either.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It did cost us only 1 point - we lost by 10

Technically that was the effect, but UConn was riding a wave of momentum with an electric UConn crowd noise helping. As soon as the tech foul, you could just sense the wave crashed. The Maryland fans around us were extremely worried when the lead windled down... And even Turgeon was quoted saying as the tech foul helped stem the tide.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Technically that was the effect, but UConn was riding a wave of momentum with an electric UConn crowd noise helping. As soon as the tech foul, you could just sense the wave crashed. The Maryland fans around us were extremely worried when the lead windled down... And even Turgeon was quoted saying as the tech foul helped stem the tide.

Momentum doesn't score any points or block any shots.

I saw the players not score enough points or get enough stops.

If you want to blame Ollie, blame him for not having the right players or the players we have playing well enough.

We didn't lose that game on that 1 point.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Momentum doesn't score any points or block any shots.

I saw the players not score enough points or get enough stops.

If you want to blame Ollie, blame him for not having the right players or the players we have playing well enough.

We didn't lose that game on that 1 point.

I'm guessing you weren't at MSG, but you could feel the place was rocking and was approaching climax after the DHam 3. The bogus foul on Adams slowed down the momentum, but the additional T basically stopped the crowd noise.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with a coach getting a T after that call I just wish he through a chair at the ref to get said T

Reaction Score
I have no problem with a coach getting a T after that call I just wish he through a chair at the ref to get said T

The time for a T to get the ref's attention was in the first half when Miller drove to the rim, was impeded by all sorts of contact, and no call was made.

The time was not with 1:30 to go, down by 3, and riding all sorts of momentum.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
The time for a T to get the ref's attention was in the first half when Miller drove to the rim, was impeded by all sorts of contact, and no call was made.

Agreed...KO should have gotten a T when his team was down double digits to get on the refs and also try and spark his team that was sleepwalking during most of the game

Reaction Score
An argument could be made that he misses all 4, gets so upset that he starts crying at center court for the rest of the game and UConn wins by 8.

Except that didn't happen either.
Anyone that thinks that technical did not end the game is just being ignorant. It changed everything, we were done at that point.

Reaction Score

Exactly

Reaction Score
I'm not talking strategy T
I'm talking you muthafoooka just called THAT at THAT point in the game
I know we say a coach has to keep his cool but when you are in the arena and the place is rocking and that call is made you have to be an angel to not do something reactionary.
Uncle Mo was ripped from our hands. I was in MSG. Maryland was crappng. Their pants the place was going apeshtt and the ref completely bailed them out on a ticky tack call

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Those papers were like a bucket of ice water.
I just noticed Warde was right there where the papers were. Talk about up close and personal.

Ollie seems to have the occasional rage issue.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Ricky: "Hey Mills, I just got a call. We lost Stone. He's going to Maryland."

Miller: "Damn. F'in Under Armour got him."

Free: "Oh man, coach ain't gonna like that."

Miller: "You tellin' him?"

Free: "duck that noise!"

Hobbsy: "I can handle him but, . I ain't tellin' him, either."

Miller: (sees reality of situation) "Ughh. They don't pay me enough."

Free: "I see they already know on the Boneyard."

Hobbsy: "duck*in' Twitter, man!"

Ricky: "No secrets up in..."

(From afar...)

Coach: "MOTHER duckCKER!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Exactly
Anyone that thinks that technical did not end the game is just being ignorant. It changed everything, we were done at that point.

Get the T earlier than that. Set the tone early in the game that you won't accept that kind of treatment from the referees. No need to bury them.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"you don't win a championship in December"
"But to get the chance to play for said championship in the AAC, you need to win those December games."

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Uncle Mo doesn't make buckets.

He only shows up after we make some buckets and is quick t leave when we miss.

He isn't someone to count on. Making stops and executing is much more reliable.

Reaction Score
Ricky: "Hey Mills, I just got a call. We lost Stone. He's going to Maryland."

Miller: "Damn. F'in Under Armour got him."

Free: "Oh man, coach ain't gonna like that."

Miller: "You tellin' him?"

Free: "duck that noise!"

Hobbsy: "I can handle him but, . I ain't tellin' him, either."

Miller: (sees reality of situation) "Ughh. They don't pay me enough."

Free: "I see they already know on the Boneyard."

Hobbsy: "duck*in' Twitter, man!"

Ricky: "No secrets up in..."

(From afar...)

Coach: "MOTHER duckCKER!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
Imagine if we had those 16 points and 9 boards last night?

Reaction Score
"I'm sorry, Boneyarders! I have failed you! I will now resign, drive to Calhoun's house, and beg on my hands and knees until he comes out of retirement! I am not worthy!"
Stairmaster, you are one of the better posters. Stay the course!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stairmaster, you are one of the better posters. Stay the course!

No, I was mimicking what some wanted Ollie to have said last night.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the call was terrible and the technical was even worse - the ref had no business calling either one of them for many reasons and in-so-doing heavily influenced the outcome of the game. That ref, whoever the he is, should have swallowed his whistle on the first foul and even more so on the T.

KO made a bad mistake but it was a justified reaction to a terrible call that, given the context, absolutely should have not been called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom