Ollie and player progression | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie and player progression

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
VJ played 36 minutes and got 1 rebound, SE played 27 minutes and got 1 rebound, c'mon man! Jackson I'll give a little break because he is out on the wing. But if you're a 6'11" post player and you play 27 minutes of basketball it should be impossible not to get at least 2 rebounds. I can't figure out why KO is not playing Durham more. Is it limited minutes because of the knees? He seems to be moving around well enough. He got 3 rebounds in 8 minutes. IMO the Huskies looked tired in the second half. Playing 7 guys will do that. Finally, Rodney's 2nd half line. FG 1-5(he made a dunk), 3pt. 0-1, TO's 2, fouls 3, rebs. 2, assts. 0. When he is playing ok UConn will win but when bad Rodney shows up watch out.
Georgetown was not the team to play Durham. Agree about Rodney but argue AB also needs to be playing at his maximum.

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying but man, does this post lack context. Remember that this is the class he signed 1) as an interim head coach, 2) as we were falling out of the Big East & missing out on the ACC, 3) with reduced scholarship allotments, 4) while under recruiting sanctions, and 5) as a first-time head coach replacing a hall of famer. The fact that we got as much value out of this class as we did is actually kind of amazing.

And I'd point out that the improvement curve of our kids from 2015 & 2016 seems to more pronounced than what we saw from the 2013 group.

Yeah. I tend to make a lot of excuses for Ollie, I love him as a head coach for us, just trying to see the other side a bit. But I'm with you, given what he has been up against. He has done a good job.

C

Chief00

My IMs are exploding - sometimes I say things in short hand thinking everyone knows the context and that's not always the case.
Bazz and Boatshow initially did not hit it off - nor did Calhoun understand Boat. While Bostonians Calhoun and Bazz communicated without even needing to talk. Bazz was also known to be overly critical of teammates who did not have the basketball IQ that he had.
KO actually did a great job working out these issues with Bazz, Boat and the team. Bazz and Boat learned to coexist and even win a Championship which will always link them in history. KO brought in a team therapist that some NBA teams use and that did seem to help. But there would always be that Boston vs Chicago thing but it was no longer divisive.
Someone posted a utube video recently of Calhoun yelling at Boat hit him u MF er - meaning with a pass - and that made me recall some of the background and how it was rocky for awhile. I hope this helps.

Reaction Score
He's not in any 2017 or even 2018 mocks or like someone said on Draft Express' top 100 prospects.

He will probably try and get a combine invite, I would say if that happens then who knows and if he doesn't that should be a clear indication he shouldn't go yet.

Also, Brimah is not in any mocks anymore, he was late 2nd round in one earlier.

He's a lottery pick in huskymagic's "mock" draft.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not that concerned about losing Brimah. He brings what he brings and, in theory, allows our guards to guard more effectively. Next year we'll lack a big shot blocker but our center (likely by committee) will play more traditionally, boxing out and making low post moves. I think that we will be fine.

Reaction Score
This will be welcomed

I'm not that concerned about losing Brimah. He brings what he brings and, in theory, allows our guards to guard more effectively. Next year we'll lack a big shot blocker but our center (likely by committee) will play more traditionally, boxing out and making low post moves. I think that we will be fine.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would miss the Brimah who played like he did against UCF and Temple especially after watching Steve play defense in the Georgetown game. Of course Steve can make a significant leap in his development next year so I'm optimistic. But no guarantees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom