Olivia can sky!!!! | The Boneyard

Olivia can sky!!!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Your basic casual layup. Not even trying to go high!
upload_2017-11-15_19-41-16.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
But never in a real game. Geno kept goading her to do it and Mo kept trying to set her up, but she was afraid she would miss and then have to face Geno after missing a layup.
what would have Geno done to her?

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
She needs lots of good food and working up. A talented twig.
I remember thinking the same thing about Swin Cash when i first saw her and look how that turned out.. :) ONO actually runs the floor with airy simularity.. Not quite as agressive in play but just as effective at that stage of her career.. Hoping her injury does not limit her in any way, should be fun to watch her grow her game in Storrs.. I'm tickled Pink we have her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
From clips I’ve seen she reminds me a lot of Brianna Turner. Long, athletic, finishes at the rim, runs the floor well, good handle for a forward, a tad raw offensively, can put the ball on the floor and blow by posts for layups, etc. Turner’s weaknesses are strength and she has weak hands for grabbing boards/catching interior passes. Haven’t seen enough of ONO to see if she’ll have the same issues to work on, but based on her frame I wouldn’t be shocked if she does. Hopefully ONO’s ACL is a one time thing and she doesn’t have the injuries that Turner has had to deal with.

Huge get for you guys. My guess is if she stays healthy, she’s really more like a top 2-3 recruit with C. Collier and Williams than #5.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Probably just given her that look, with his arms stretched out to either side that implies, “What the hell was that?”

He probably would have smiled a little wry smile similar to the one he had after Morgan William hit the dagger shot. Sorry I had to go there.

HGN

Reaction Score
She needs lots of good food and working up. A talented twig.
Rocky , a year or so in the UCONN weight room will add 15-20 lbs to her frame plus strength. With all the conditioning work her appetite might increase. She'll be fine.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Rocky , a year or so in the UCONN weight room will add 15-20 lbs to her frame plus strength. With all the conditioning work her appetite might increase. She'll be fine.
A few trips to Geno’s house for lunch or dinner is good for 10-15 lbs at least. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I know. But why do they all seem to wait until they arrive to work on this? Why doesn't the current plan worked up with her coach include this. Ooops, assumption, maybe it does.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Olivia is such a sweet girl
I loved her press conference - surrounded by her parents and I believe the young guy was her brother - she had the little banner rolled up and said "University of...." unrolled the banner and finished her sentence with "Connecticut".

But IMHO the best part of the presser was as soon as she made her announcement, the high school band immediately started playing the UCONN fight song, and I think they played the entire song over the next few minutes. It was a great touch, and KUDOS to everyone who kept it a secret - it must have taken the band a few weeks of practice to get the song exactly right. Clearly no one leaked it to anyone (none of us knew for sure)...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I loved her press conference - surrounded by her parents and I believe the young guy was her brother - she had the little banner rolled up and said "University of...." unrolled the banner and finished her sentence with "Connecticut".

But IMHO the best part of the presser was as soon as she made her announcement, the high school band immediately started playing the UCONN fight song, and I think they played the entire song over the next few minutes. It was a great touch, and KUDOS to everyone who kept it a secret - it must have taken the band a few weeks of practice to get the song exactly right. Clearly no one leaked it to anyone (none of us knew for sure)...
I'm not sure if it was the band or a recording, but it was cool.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From clips I’ve seen she reminds me a lot of Brianna Turner. Long, athletic, finishes at the rim, runs the floor well, good handle for a forward, a tad raw offensively, can put the ball on the floor and blow by posts for layups, etc. Turner’s weaknesses are strength and she has weak hands for grabbing boards/catching interior passes. Haven’t seen enough of ONO to see if she’ll have the same issues to work on, but based on her frame I wouldn’t be shocked if she does. Hopefully ONO’s ACL is a one time thing and she doesn’t have the injuries that Turner has had to deal with.

Huge get for you guys. My guess is if she stays healthy, she’s really more like a top 2-3 recruit with C. Collier and Williams than #5.
Yeah, Liv was ranked #1 by HG before her injury and is still #1 on some lists.

I can see the comparison to Brianna. I think Liv is a little thinner, taller, and longer, but both seem a little better defensively than offensively.

Liv's primary injury was a fractured kneecap, not an ACL tear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom