Olivia can sky!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olivia can sky!!!!

Reaction Score
I loved her press conference - surrounded by her parents and I believe the young guy was her brother - she had the little banner rolled up and said "University of...." unrolled the banner and finished her sentence with "Connecticut".

But IMHO the best part of the presser was as soon as she made her announcement, the high school band immediately started playing the UCONN fight song, and I think they played the entire song over the next few minutes. It was a great touch, and KUDOS to everyone who kept it a secret - it must have taken the band a few weeks of practice to get the song exactly right. Clearly no one leaked it to anyone (none of us knew for sure)...
This is the photo, just love this girl...so humble
Screenshot (7).png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh man - I didn't even think about that. It would make more sense to have it recorded and played over some stereo system...
I wondered if the band had learned both the UConn and SC fight songs so they would be prepared for either. The critical mass of people “in the know” to blow a secret is normally about 2. or 3. No way a whole HS band kept that secret for a week.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wondered if the band had learned both the UConn and SC fight songs so they would be prepared for either. The critical mass of people “in the know” to blow a secret is normally about 2. or 3. No way a whole HS band kept that secret for a week.
The band would have also had to know the fight songs for Duke, FSU & Georgia. More likely the nerdy kid who handles A/V at a HS was the only one to know, and they were sworn to secrecy...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well 2 thoughts - the band could have been told in advance to only prepare the UCONN fight song, which is impressive in that no one leaked her decision...

Or as someone else pointed out, it's possible, and maybe more logical, that the fight song was the one that UCONN supplies and was played over the PA system...

Either way it was a nice touch for sure!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well 2 thoughts - the band could have been told in advance to only prepare the UCONN fight song, which is impressive in that no one leaked her decision...

Or as someone else pointed out, it's possible, and maybe more logical, that the fight song was the one that UCONN supplies and was played over the PA system...

Either way it was a nice touch for sure!
I told you it was the band, because usually the school band plays at an event. But someone else noted that it likely was recorded. In any case, someone did some research and preparation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yeah, Liv was ranked #1 by HG before her injury and is still #1 on some lists.

I can see the comparison to Brianna. I think Liv is a little thinner, taller, and longer, but both seem a little better defensively than offensively.

Liv....took me a second to get that. Pretty sneaky nickname.

Liv was rated 1st by Blue Star as recently as September as I've cached below:

Blue Star Basketball || About Blue Star

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...Or as someone else pointed out, it's possible, and maybe more logical, that the fight song was the one that UCONN supplies and was played over the PA system... Either way it was a nice touch for sure!

Not to belabor the point (which is the thing to say when you really want to belabor a point), but as fight songs go, the UConn fight song is a bit complex musically, and if a high school band can play it as well as the Huskies band does, then major kudos to them. It sounded like a perfect copy of the performances I have on the DVR. But my guess is that a high school band could get the notes right maybe, but not the subtleties.

On the other paw, what would be easier than to prepare an unmarked CD and have it played on cue.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it was the band or a recording, but it was cool.
I would be kind of hard for the band to rehearse the piece in secret and keep it secret. The cat would be out of the bag pretty quickly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would be kind of hard for the band to rehearse the piece in secret and keep it secret. The cat would be out of the bag pretty quickly.
Unless they rehearsed all 5. :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Unless they rehearsed all 5. :)
This is true. But I bet the band director would balk at that. Two maybe. Rehearsal time is precious.

And I think you would need a pretty strong trumpet section to pull it off. (UConn's)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
can someone explain where LIV comes from?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom