OT: - Old Westerns | The Boneyard

OT: Old Westerns

Reaction Score
Veryoldogs post about the attempt of cattle theft on his ranch got me to thinking about western movies. They were the ones I grew up with and there have been so many throughout the years. I have some favorites and I wondered about the rest of the "yarders" My five favorites are:

Red River
Shane
The Unforgiving
True Grit
Open Range
I'm sure there will be some choices I've forgotten that might replace one of mine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know it's cliche but The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is my favorite. I saw it on the big screen and it was really something. And Once Upon a Time in the West is awesome. Especially after I saw a video telling me what to look for. My favorite "old" western is High Noon. I first watched for a goof back at UConn for .99 since I knew the story from Mad magazine. It wasn't a goof at all, it's a true classic. It's a must see if you haven't already. And Grace Kelly.

Reaction Score
I was young ish when the cowboys with John Wayne came out. Loved it those sugar cookies the cook made. The ladies bloomers the boys got to see. And One of only a 4 movies John Wayne dies in. Bruce Dern was a great evil character.

Reaction Score
For a Few Dollars More is epic and my fav of all time. The final shoot out between Lee Van Cleef (hoping to avenge the killing of his sister) and Indio is not going too well....until Clint shows up:

Reaction Score
Ok it’s old western night tonight here in Greensboro. Great suggestions. I remember Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson being in a few classics.

and don’t forget that sleeper Pat Garret and Billy the Kid (with the Bob Dylon cameo)

Ps Amazon prime Has solid choices

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom