OLANDERS SENIOR SEASON?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OLANDERS SENIOR SEASON??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
So...I had a chance to talk with Tyler recently. He is totally psyched for the season. He was smiling & more animated than I have seen him in a long time. The foot is better...no boot. I'm sure that is contributing to his enthusiasm. Hope he maintains that level of energy throughout the season! If so, there is no reason why he can't have a GREAT senior season.

Reaction Score
IMO this is the most accurate point of view. TO is limited in his athleticism and he makes things worse when he gets down on himself. Last season, because of the lack of experience from other players, Tyler was asked to be the primary big. There are players with limitations to their physical attributes who can make up for this with the right mental framework such as JA. Not the case with Tyler.

Tyler is much better as a support player. However, in addition to how well PN does this season, another factor regarding Tyler's performance this season is whether he can put last season's performance behind him. If he comes into this season and can be happy as a role player, such as Rashamel Jones, and Phil and/or Kentan pan out as efficient bigs, this will bode well for TO and for the team as well.

I would say this post is a grand salami homer with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth with the score pre home run 4-1. A nice walk off 5-4 win/post from a MB Hall of famer himself! Professor Fleud!

OT: Dog training question???????

Treats or NO treats when training a dog? :)

Reaction Score
I feel like you guys forgot that Olander started last year though, I think he's still gonna start, but first guy out of the game

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I feel like you guys forgot that Olander started last year though, I think he's still gonna start, but first guy out of the game

Phil will start.

Reaction Score

I'm having good luck with "No treats" with my two 4+ month old Lab pups.
As seen as "Kemba & Maddow" under the "Share your dogs" forum. (Post your's there).
Key is positive reinforcements every time they do something right, "Good Boy", "Good Girl" or "Good Job"... with a rub on the head, ears, or back. They respond great when they know they are doing something right. Also, you need to keep practicing every day. When giving treats, make him/her sit, then only give it to them if they take it gently. I say "Gentle" & pull away if they try to tear it out of my hand. It's going well... Good luck!

Reaction Score

Kevin Ollie won't kick Olander to the curb. Last year Ollie repeatedly said Olander was the best big guy in practice, which is why he started & got the most minutes. Nolan only got time once Wolf was suspended & Olander was out injured. Also, it was reported Olander had a stress fracture in his foot a month prior to him breaking it. That said, I think we'll have a Center & back up PF by committee. I'm thinking Olander, Nolan, Facey & Brimah will probably contribute somewhere around 3-5 ppg each & 3-6 rpg each... Will probably depend on game circumstances on who plays the most when.

Reaction Score
I'm having good luck with "No treats" with my two 4+ month old Lab pups.
As seen as "Kemba & Maddow" under the "Share your dogs" forum. (Post your's there).
Key is positive reinforcements every time they do something right, "Good Boy", "Good Girl" or "Good Job"... with a rub on the head, ears, or back. They respond great when they know they are doing something right. Also, you need to keep practicing every day. When giving treats, make him/her sit, then only give it to them if they take it gently. I say "Gentle" & pull away if they try to tear it out of my hand. It's going well... Good luck!

My comments on great success without treats may hijack the thread (sorry guys by bad :( ). I was surprised with all the benefits that come with the additional hard work of training without treats using praise and pure love based training coupled with basic corrections.

Good luck JWS!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would say this post is a grand salami homer with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth with the score pre home run 4-1. A nice walk off 5-4 win/post from a MB Hall of famer himself! Professor Fleud!

Depends on your intentions.

Definitely positive reinforcement over negative reinforcement. I know you weren't offering this choice. Just wanted to emphasize it.

Animals will respond much quicker if their stomach is satisfied then with verbal or petting reinforcement. But this quickness to get the animal to do tricks or follow our lead has an important negative - the animal is subverting its behavior to our will.

I'm sure it's on every dogs bucket list to roll over, play dead, beg, or offer its paw for approval. Right. This is what pleases us but its not necessarily what they are about. Certainly a puppy needs guidance, but the best thing to do imo, would be observe them and let them observe us before more intricate training takes place. And it becomes harder for them to observe us when they are focusing on a treat.

It certainly takes longer to train animals without giving them treats, so if time is important then that option can't be tried. But if time is irrelevant a greater understanding of one another takes place when the treats are not the focus of the relationship.

Now our wives are a different story. Maybe in the beginning there is a similarity. But unlike our best friends whose relationship is established over our lifetimes once things are established, the longer a man is married the greater the need to give the woman treats to get them to roll over.............:)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So...I had a chance to talk with Tyler recently. He is totally psyched for the season. He was smiling & more animated than I have seen him in a long time. The foot is better...no boot. I'm sure that is contributing to his enthusiasm. Hope he maintains that level of energy throughout the season! If so, there is no reason why he can't have a GREAT senior season.
Not quite sure what to expect from TO but what we need to hear is someone who is interacted with him and it sounds like he is positive and upbeat - that's an important step one.
Step two comes in preseason reviews.
Other than that - who cares what everyone speculates about him
I can't wait until October!

Reaction Score
AO was the opposite. Think about his big games. They weren't against tomato cans.

His big games were mostly in big spots......of course the Big East regular season would be considered pretty big too huh? And his 6/5 there weren't all that impressive!

Reaction Score
T.O. is a complimentary player who was thrust into a more prominent role, due to personnel issues. He should slide back into the complimentary role this season and do just fine.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Best case scenario - Gavin Edwards
Worst case scenario - Antric Klaiber

Reaction Score
There is NO chance TO starts unless a couple of guys get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom