OLANDERS SENIOR SEASON?? | The Boneyard

OLANDERS SENIOR SEASON??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
what's your opinion big year or bust??!

We know bazz boat DD and calhoun are going to do there thing. Neil's is gonna put in work for us all year Nolan I beleave will be improved kromah adds experienced depth And tolksdorf can Help as well When needed i think.The three freshman will just have to wait and see what they give us.but if olander steps it up he could be Hugh for us his final year.

Reaction Score
Olander will get spot minutes off the bench at power forward, we've seen what Tyler can do and nothing against him but he's just not as good as the other players. Nolan, Facey, Niels and later in the season Brimah will all be ahead of him.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I hope they all pan out and come along threw the season. We're not in the big east anymore but I think will still need some size and he's are biggest body.

Reaction Score
Based upon all the hard work put in over the spring and summer, I say
Yah Yah Yah, Yah Yah
Yah Yah Yah, Yah Yah
Yah Yah Yah, Yah Yah
Yah Yah Yah, Yah Yah

images

what's your opinion big year or bust??.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I predict he'll be tall and mostly awkward. He'll feel uncomfortable a few times when he sees his high school on his college campus.

Reaction Score
At this point we've seen enough to know that a "big year" is not going to happen, and expectations aren't high enough to consider him a "bust".

He'll play the role he was intended to. Stretch 4 off the bench, maybe 10-15 minutes a game, avoiding matchups against stronger, more athletic posts. Hopefully he can hit the foul-line and baseline jumpers he should, not be a total sieve on defense, and provide some kind of a rebounding presence.

Reaction Score
Best news would be he plays the role we all hoped for which would be solid minutes off the bench at the 2 positions, PF and C. He is capable of being a very nice role player and can come in and bang, make a couple sideline and foul line jumpers. The reason it would be excellent if he slides back in that role is because then we know Phil Nolan made that jump we all hope for and is manning the PF/C position in a more consistent manner. Phil is a very big key to this year!

Reaction Score
He will rock tcu and ucf with 10 points and 6 bourds, but iu and ville, more like 4 and 2

Reaction Score
Probably like last year. He will have one or two great games and then we will wonder where the ^$&! he is in the rest of the games.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He will rock tcu and ucf with 10 points and 6 bourds, but iu and ville, more like 4 and 2

The worst thing that could happen is he starts the season strong against some bad teams and people start thinking it's improvement. The team needs Phil, Amida and Kenton to get as many game minutes as possible to prepare for Feb/Mar. If all of them fail to develop, TO can always be inserted in the rotation later in the season.

Reaction Score
I don't care what kind of stats he puts up. I just want to see the return of this Tyler:

Tyler_Olander_Uconn.jpg

Tyler+Olander+C+J+Fair+East+Basketball+Tournament+z2vKlDSRDQHl.jpg

I feel like we haven't seen the same kind of energy and hype from him during his freshmen year in the past two.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Tyler is due for an impressive Senior Year. 20 minutes a game, some at Center.

Reaction Score
Tyler is due for an impressive Senior Year. 20 minutes a game, some at Center.

No one is due anything at this level.. you earn it.. this was AO issues

Reaction Score
Does he earn any cred points for having Skip as his dad? If so my expectations immediately become bullish. Otherwise folks this could be a bear market and we should all head for the hills. JMHO

See mauconn above for realistic TO Xpectations...

Why all CAPS? I thought only imbeciles used all CAPS?

Woops...:)

Reaction Score
He played injured most of last year. If healthy his experience will hopefully bridge the gap between Tyler and Philip/Kenton/Amida.

Reaction Score
He played injured most of last year. If healthy his experience will hopefully bridge the gap between Tyler and Philip/Kenton/Amida.

That foot injury didn't occur until the last couple weeks of the season, definitely wasn't "most of the season"

Reaction Score
Just play. Too much hesitation re taking jumper and going up inside. Don't always have to go left. Box out with shoulder and snatch rebound with other hand, too many times he jumps up with two hands and opponent out jumps/reaches him for ball. DD snatches ball quickly before others get to it on rebounds, needs to do that.

Reaction Score
We need Tyler to play with passion and provide a strong role model to our very young frontcourt. Even if its for 10 minutes a game.
Don't underestimate the impact on younger players of a senior with a NC ring whose only objective is the good of the team.
It wouldn't surprise me if he on the floor at crunch time in tournament games. The is no substitute for having been there.
He should probably be a little quicker if healthy.
His best attribute is his passing ability. Depending on matchups he can score low especially against lesser competition.
There was a guy on the floor of the final minute of1999 NC team whose stock had dropped lower than Tyler's. You never know.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Best news would be he plays the role we all hoped for which would be solid minutes off the bench at the 2 positions, PF and C. He is capable of being a very nice role player and can come in and bang, make a couple sideline and foul line jumpers. The reason it would be excellent if he slides back in that role is because then we know Phil Nolan made that jump we all hope for and is manning the PF/C position in a more consistent manner. Phil is a very big key to this year!
IMO this is the most accurate point of view. TO is limited in his athleticism and he makes things worse when he gets down on himself. Last season, because of the lack of experience from other players, Tyler was asked to be the primary big. There are players with limitations to their physical attributes who can make up for this with the right mental framework such as JA. Not the case with Tyler.

Tyler is much better as a support player. However, in addition to how well PN does this season, another factor regarding Tyler's performance this season is whether he can put last season's performance behind him. If he comes into this season and can be happy as a role player, such as Rashamel Jones, and Phil and/or Kentan pan out as efficient bigs, this will bode well for TO and for the team as well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How is a kid that was barely even rated to begin with, a bust? This is retar ded. He's been just about what was expected.

i answered the question. whats your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak