Okay I’m off the Ollie train | The Boneyard

Okay I’m off the Ollie train

Reaction Score
Sure the talent level on this team doesn’t stack up to good UConn teams of the past but this is straight up embarrassing. Losing by thirty to a mediocre Arkansas team? Body language is terrible, not even a halfhearted effort defensively, no plan whatsoever. He’s lost the team in November? After the season they just had? Blow it up and start over.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Sure the talent level on this team doesn’t stack up to good UConn teams of the past but this is straight up embarrassing. Losing by thirty to a mediocre Arkansas team? Body language is terrible, not even a halfhearted effort defensively, no plan whatsoever. He’s lost the team in November? After the season they just had? Blow it up and start over.
It's about time BigErn, I've been taking licks left and right on this board for just speaking the truth. Glad to have you on board brother....Enough is enough

Reaction Score
Completely unprepared physically and mentally for a key OOC game. No accountability or pride. Guys basically going through the motions, and KO completely uninterested in laying into anyone.

Reaction Score
You might be premature in the losing by 30 department. When was the last time a UCONN team lost by 40? Ah yah yah, where do we go from here?

Reaction Score
Hey let’s run something for a terrible shooter to get an open look so Larrier can airball an eight footer off the rebound.
This is his team, all his players so his excuses are over. I'm willing to give him this season for that reason. Anything short of a good season I'm supporting you on this. Mediocrity is not UConn and that's what we've become.

Bringing in Ricky and K-Free on staff with neither having any prior coaching experience was not helpful either.

Reaction Score

just zero energy, zero effort, no leadership

Reaction Score
D
Agree. What exactly would we be waiting for. Terry and Jalen are leaving anyway and our recruiting class for next season aren’t a bunch of studs who you’d be afraid to lose. Tonight showed AD Dave all he needed to know
Don’t count on that.

Reaction Score
Agree. What exactly would we be waiting for. Terry and Jalen are leaving anyway and our recruiting class for next season aren’t a bunch of studs who you’d be afraid to lose. Tonight showed AD Dave all he needed to know

Not going to give an opinion, because im not working with the team or department.

But it says something that guys like @AntG168 and @BigErnMcCracken are off the ollie train.

Reaction Score

Good point. I actually wrote a post back then bashing Ollie about being out coached and got killed. I’m very convinced the players that year made him look good. Lots of shooters and shabazz. Doesn’t have that anymore, despite having talent. You need shooters and great d if you’re gonna play KO ball

Reaction Score
I’m there as well. Had nothing but positive thoughts when the hire was made, then when we won the title in ‘14 I was thinking the program would take off (even with the league). In fact, the opposite has happened.

Poor x and o guy, poor judge of talent (example: remember his quote about Purvis in the garage?), teams constantly unprepared, terrible recruiting (yes, our recruits are over rated), etc. I knew Enoch personally as a kid/teen, and this is a kid that bled blue. Always had UConn gear, watching games, etc. When he transferred I knew something was horribly wrong with KO bc knowing him as I have, he wouldn’t walk away from this program with an open starting spot unless was seriously wrong.

Reaction Score
I might be on board too. If the search is started now, who can Uconn find? That is my one question. But ya, the search needs to start soon to get anyone even halfway decent.

Reaction Score
Plenty of good, creative up and coming coaches in the mid majors. Let's get the best available regardless of their connection or lack of to UConn

Reaction Score
Good point. I actually wrote a post back then bashing Ollie about being out coached and got killed. I’m very convinced the players that year made him look good. Lots of shooters and shabazz. Doesn’t have that anymore, despite having talent. You need shooters and great d if you’re gonna play KO ball
And we were a brimah and 1 away from losing the st joes game. I support Ollie, and like him a lot, but I’m slowly turning against him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom