OK You Megan Walker Fans The Date Is Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CwRGhSVWIAEbNsJ.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Evina Westbrook is announcing on Nov. 10th, as well. Does anyone know what time that is taking place? I believe there is a three-hour time difference so this could be interesting.

Meanwhile, back to crossing fingers for the Patterson watch (in about three hours). ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Evina Westbrook is announcing on Nov. 10th, as well. Does anyone know what time that is taking place
I believe there is a three-hour time difference so this could be interesting.

4pm................6pm is better for marketing purposes!!!

Reaction Score
Clearly the decision has been made for some time if you can pick a date in the future for your announcement. One certainly wouldn't do that if they were truly undecided, I don't think. Announcing on the same day is either crazy coincidence, or has been the plan all along. This feels like a package deal announcement. Isn't ND the only one being given serious consideration by both Westbrook and Walker? If ND lands W-squared, Muffet will have quite the team in a couple of years - could really set her up to have a class that wins more than one.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Clearly the decision has been made for some time if you can pick a date in the future for your announcement. One certainly wouldn't do that if they were truly undecided, I don't think. Announcing on the same day is either crazy coincidence, or has been the plan all along. This feels like a package deal announcement. Isn't ND the only one being given serious consideration by both Westbrook and Walker? If ND lands W-squared, Muffet will have quite the team in a couple of years - could really set her up to have a class that wins more than one.

I concur with your take 100%. A decision was reached long ago. She's just been waiting for what she felt was an appropriate time and setting.

Reaction Score
Megan made her decision =====>UConn ??? (She shows the photo of her with Geno while the other two schools just her alone. And she retweets Ray Allen's news 3 times ?)

Meg W. (@iball_crzy) | Twitter

Last edited:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Who's Megan Walker? Never heard of her... ;)

Glad she's announcing at her gym, better that then an ESPN press conference...

Ahhh... But ESPN will be covering it... And they will have cameras and reporters in each of the schools who are the finalists... Stand by for the interviews...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm busy that night. Move along people, nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
Isn't the 10th the first day of the early signing period?

If there are hats on a table or ESPiN is in the building, then we will already know where she is not going.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
Isn't the 10th the first day of the early signing period?

If there are hats on a table or ESPiN is in the building, then we will already know where she is not going.

Yes, and I thought I read that ESPN would have someone there, but who knows it may not be true. All this speculating, I can't wait until we know.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My problem with this is that there is an announcement that there is going to be an announcement. :mad:

I believe that is a foretelling in itself as pertains to a Geno coached team.

Normally, I would agree, but I think that Megan likes UConn and is a social media maven as well.

Reaction Score
Megan and Evina will be announcing they're commitment to ND.
Lil Ole UConn will have to survive without them.

Reaction Score
I don't like this approach anymore than anyone else. But let's cut her at least a little slack. She has friends and family, coaches and teammates, and high school classmates to consider. They are excited for her as well and she wants to do right by them:let them share in the celebration of her accomplishments. This is the problem of celebrity culture generally: you're not your own person anymore.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Patterson has verballed to ND. Does that bear on Walker's decision?

Reaction Score
Let's not kid our selves. The fact both Megan and Westbrook are announcing the very same day and only 1 hour apart..... That basically tells u the answer there. There both headed to ND and they knew there decision for some time. It has been planned for weeks to announce the same day. Now with Patterson's verbel that will give them the number 1 recruiting class. Muffet has been on a recruiting frenzy for the past 2 years... I see multiple national titles in the next 3-7 years if this all pans out. I could be wrong but the writing is on the wall... Sadly to say

Reaction Score
Let's not kid our selves. The fact both Megan and Westbrook are announcing the very same day and only 1 hour apart..... That basically tells u the answer there. There both headed to ND and they knew there decision for some time. It has been planned for weeks to announce the same day. Now with Patterson's verbel that will give them the number 1 recruiting class. Muffet has been on a recruiting frenzy for the past 2 years... I see multiple national titles in the next 3-7 years if this all pans out. I could be wrong but the writing is on the wall... Sadly to say
You're absolutely correct. I don't even know why UConn will bother to show up for games those seasons. :) Jeez. Are we at the point where we believe the somewhat arbitrary (if not largely phony) high school rankings so much that we think a top-rated recruiting class automatically beats a team that has a very strong class, but maybe just not quite so highly ranked in high school? Doesn't coaching and commitment to defense and team ball and, most importantly, heart count for anything any more? To quote the great sage, Aaron Rodgers: let's all R-E-L-A-X.

Reaction Score
Just stating if it all pans out???? My point is... U have the two top players in the class... Both took there official visits together the same weekend ... Both are still in contact ... We just don't know but come on folks there texting or calling each other for sure... And now there both announcing the same very day and only 1 hour apart... If all the signs are not pointing to Notre Dame then I must really be drinking the cool aid. If I'm wrong come the 10th I will eat my words and promise to never post on the boneyard again!!!

Reaction Score
Just stating if it all pans out???? My point is... U have the two top players in the class... Both took there official visits together the same weekend ... Both are still in contact ... We just don't know but come on folks there texting or calling each other for sure... And now there both announcing the same very day and only 1 hour apart... If all the signs are not pointing to Notre Dame then I must really be drinking the cool aid. If I'm wrong come the 10th I will eat my words and promise to never post on the boneyard again!!!
Oh biggest point I forgot to type... I've drank to much cool aid today!!!! Both Walker and Westbrook have Notre Dame as there final
3.... Enough Said... I need to grab another tall glass of cool aid!! The luck of the Irish... Man that hurts me to say!!!!

Reaction Score
I concur with your take 100%. A decision was reached long ago. She's just been waiting for what she felt was an appropriate time and setting.

OR---Dad said look---you have to make a Decision--so set a date and MakE that DECiSION. Some decision are very difficult--with each option with a different but equally great attribute. So DO IT!
I don't buy into the --making a big deal of the announcement is Awful--it is a big deal--could effect the rest of her life--let her have her moment--there are so few of these in life.

Reaction Score
Oh biggest point I forgot to type... I've drank to much cool aid today!!!! Both Walker and Westbrook have Notre Dame as there final
3.... Enough Said... I need to grab another tall glass of cool aid!! The luck of the Irish... Man that hurts me to say!!!!

Don't you know the Pope has a direct line--we were sunk before we started!! What happened to a level playing field--oh, yea that was when Stewie chose UConn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom