OK You Megan Walker Fans The Date Is Set | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK You Megan Walker Fans The Date Is Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're absolutely correct. I don't even know why UConn will bother to show up for games those seasons. :) Jeez. Are we at the point where we believe the somewhat arbitrary (if not largely phony) high school rankings so much that we think a top-rated recruiting class automatically beats a team that has a very strong class, but maybe just not quite so highly ranked in high school? Doesn't coaching and commitment to defense and team ball and, most importantly, heart count for anything any more? To quote the great sage, Aaron Rodgers: let's all R-E-L-A-X.

Thanks for the lesson in arbitrary--or Heart--or coaching (et al). Cold water- to awaken us to what we know---but cold is good once in a while.

Reaction Score
Sadly, the Jehovah's Witnesses say the world will end on Nov. 9. She just waited too long.

Aw---they said that the last 3 Nov 9th's---but I'm still digging my hidey hole (for the Okies in the group)---they have to hit the right number sometime.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Friends, friends ... let there be peace among the Husky Faithful.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm busy that night. Move along people, nothing to see here.
Jordy, you know better than that. You, me and everybody else in the BY that can, will watch her announcement live. We want to hear it live, not read about it on a thread.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be too upset if either went to Notre Dame... but I would love to see Walker go to Texas and Westbrook stay out west. :rolleyes:

Kind of a "if we can't have you, no one else can!" thing.. lol

You're damned if she do and damned if she don't..............if she goes to Texas that will make them the team to beat in my estimation............if she goes to ND I could say the same for them...............if she goes to UConn well you know that old story....................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You're damned if she do and damned if she don't....if she goes to Texas that will make them the team to beat in my estimation..if she goes to ND I could say the same for them.....if she goes to UConn well you know that old story.....
If she goes to Texas that will make them them just another team to beat.
If she goes to ND, UCONN was going to have to beat ND any way.
If she goes to UCONN, her, Azura , and KLS will make UCONN the team to beat for at least 2 years.

Reaction Score
I concur that ND will get them both. The date & time are too coincidental for me. Not to be concerned, we have the best women's basketball coach. Geno & the coaching staff will bring in some great players as before & win some more N.C.'s He even surpasses in the Olympic's, against other pro-national teams. 'Good Luck' girls.

Reaction Score
Lexi_g34 is definitely OUR Lexi ... and a key recruiter for UConn.

Roger that. However, I was unable to find any reference to OUR Lexi on MW's recent feed, nor was I able to find any reference to MW on OUR Lexi's recent feed.

I thought you were referring to the tweet below from another Lex which was posted on MW's feed shortly after she announced her upcoming announcement.

Apologies if I missed it.

upload_2016-11-2_19-21-54.png

(click to link to the original tweeter's feed)

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
What if they do like Stewie (UConn) and Sykes (Syracuse) or Ariel (TN) and Morgan (UConn).....Walker (UConn) and Westbrook (ND) ?

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Just stating if it all pans out???? My point is... U have the two top players in the class... Both took there official visits together the same weekend ... Both are still in contact ... We just don't know but come on folks there texting or calling each other for sure... And now there both announcing the same very day and only 1 hour apart... If all the signs are not pointing to Notre Dame then I must really be drinking the cool aid. If I'm wrong come the 10th I will eat my words and promise to never post on the boneyard again!!!
Oh biggest point I forgot to type... I've drank to much cool aid today!!!! Both Walker and Westbrook have Notre Dame as there final
3.... Enough Said... I need to grab another tall glass of cool aid!! The luck of the Irish... Man that hurts me to say!!!!

Their you go again, um, they're you go again, er, the hell with it. Have another sip of cool-aide.:confused:

Reaction Score
What if they do like Stewie (UConn) and Sykes (Syracuse) or Ariel (TN) and Morgan (UConn).....Walker (UConn) and Westbrook (ND) ?
One thing is sure, the persons stayed in UConn have more NC rings

Reaction Score
UConn will be fine with or without Megan Walker ... UConn's internal team cohesion and winning atmosphere has not been created by other teams to the degree it has at UConn ... this is an exciting season with the young women who have come ... and next season will be exciting with the young women who will and want to come ... we are well positioned ... Let's enjoy this ...

Reaction Score
Three successive retweets.

upload_2016-11-2_21-35-56.png

Reaction Score
I think she should have chosen the eleventh..... 1111 would be where her team finished for the four years she played. Well, that is if she chose UCONN.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jordy, you know better than that. You, me and everybody else in the BY that can, will watch her announcement live. We want to hear it live, not read about it on a thread.
Sorry. Y'all can wait with bated breath. I've moved on.

Reaction Score
Let's not kid our selves. The fact both Megan and Westbrook are announcing the very same day and only 1 hour apart..... That basically tells u the answer there. There both headed to ND and they knew there decision for some time. It has been planned for weeks to announce the same day. Now with Patterson's verbel that will give them the number 1 recruiting class. Muffet has been on a recruiting frenzy for the past 2 years... I see multiple national titles in the next 3-7 years if this all pans out. I could be wrong but the writing is on the wall... Sadly to say

You don't think that the 10th is the first day in the signing period has anything to do with it?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think they're ND bound mainly due to the fact that both are announcing on the 10th and that is the only school both have on their final list. Muffett's recruiting has really picked up--ND has been landing top notch kids for a while now but landing Westbrook and Walker would really put them over the top. The only thing is, I have no idea how Muffett will figure out playing time:
2017-18 Roster:
5-Turner, Patterson
4s-Westbeld, Boley
2/3s-Ogunbowale, Mabrey, Young, Walker, Westbrook
1-Patberg, Johnson

Boley is really more of a 3/4 with her shooting (Muffett recently said she's the best 3pt shooter on the team), so there is a massive logjam on the wing. All of the wings will be together for at least 2 years, so ample playing time wouldn't open up until Walker/Westbrook are juniors. We also may see Mabrey transition to a PG oriented role, Boley play exclusively as a stretch 4, but both of Walker/Westbrook coming to Notre Dame means likely transfers IMO, or maybe Muffett will make it work.

The appeal of Notre Dame is that Walker/Westbrook could be the tandem that leads Notre Dame to multiple championships. They have the talent on the roster to win it all this year, but adding those 2 could elevate Notre Dame to be the premier program in women's college basketball. At UCONN, Walker could win multiple titles but she'd likely be remembered as "one of the greats" rather than "the greatest" in program history. Texas is a rising program that has ample talent, but they still have a ways to go before I'd say they are a title favorite.

That said, Texas or UCONN seem to be a much better fit playing time wise than Notre Dame for Walker, but I think she'll get her minutes anywhere she ends up.

Reaction Score
I think they're ND bound mainly due to the fact that both are announcing on the 10th and that is the only school both have on their final list. Muffett's recruiting has really picked up--ND has been landing top notch kids for a while now but landing Westbrook and Walker would really put them over the top. The only thing is, I have no idea how Muffett will figure out playing time:
2017-18 Roster:
5-Turner, Patterson
4s-Westbeld, Boley
2/3s-Ogunbowale, Mabrey, Young, Walker, Westbrook
1-Patberg, Johnson

Boley is really more of a 3/4 with her shooting (Muffett recently said she's the best 3pt shooter on the team), so there is a massive logjam on the wing. All of the wings will be together for at least 2 years, so ample playing time wouldn't open up until Walker/Westbrook are juniors. We also may see Mabrey transition to a PG oriented role, Boley play exclusively as a stretch 4, but both of Walker/Westbrook coming to Notre Dame means likely transfers IMO, or maybe Muffett will make it work.

The appeal of Notre Dame is that Walker/Westbrook could be the tandem that leads Notre Dame to multiple championships. They have the talent on the roster to win it all this year, but adding those 2 could elevate Notre Dame to be the premier program in women's college basketball. At UCONN, Walker could win multiple titles but she'd likely be remembered as "one of the greats" rather than "the greatest" in program history. Texas is a rising program that has ample talent, but they still have a ways to go before I'd say they are a title favorite.

That said, Texas or UCONN seem to be a much better fit playing time wise than Notre Dame for Walker, but I think she'll get her minutes anywhere she ends up.
A reasoned analysis. If Walker and Westbrook both committed to ND, there would be a logjam of 1 too many similar players. If one of the two committed, either would be sufficiently skilled to play 20 minutes or more per game during their freshman years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom