OK, I fiddled with the recruiting site | The Boneyard

OK, I fiddled with the recruiting site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
To my eyes a big improvement. Thanks.
Pictures of the players benefit from the increased contrast and framing, too.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Think it needs more Maxine, but whatever. Gives the status nicely and concisely. Can't wait for Nov. 11th to roll around again.

Just noticed that Breanna is from CNS, another one of our NYS girls about to deliver for UConn. Also noticed while searching for a proper avatar that in an unbiased ranking of the top 10 sexiest (meaning that they are good FT shooters, I think) female basketball players posted on an NBA message board, 5 were CT stars (4 UConn and 1 Yalie), and the board was a Spurs feature. Nice to know that the Huskies are loved as much for their smiles as their titles.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Beautiful - great background color!!!

Thanks!!!

Reaction Score
I used the colors from the football recruiting site - see what you guys think. The site needs an update, when I do I'll try to add the rankings that I can find.

UConn women's recruiting
Wow...... looking great. Props for your continued hard work and always excellent job!

Now... if we can just have a couple of those players tell Geno Yes.... ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks, guys. I have more work to be done, it's not just right yet. I will eventually add ratings info and, yes, there are more names to be added. But that look is where the site is heading.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Nan, your recruiting site is greatly improved. The lettering and photos look substantially better with the new colors. Thanks.

Incidentally, I'm a baseball fan who was converted to basketball by the UConn women back in the early 2000s thanks to coverage on CT PBS. In fact, I'd say I'm more of a UConn women's basketball fan these days than a baseball fan which is rather amazing since I started rooting for the Dodgers when they were in Brooklyn. And in my new fanaticism over the UConn women, your recruiting site is a regular stop on my Internet browsing. I keep looking for new recruiting prospects for 2013 and look forward to the information you post.

BTW, one of the worst trades in Dodger history occurred in 1993 and involved Delino DeShields, father of Diamond DeShields. He came to LA for Pedro Martinez, and the Dodgers lost a future Hall of Famer. Delino did little for LA. But I would be delighted if Diamond follows her hero, Maya Moore, to UConn and helps lead the team to another national championship.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, your recruiting site is greatly improved. The lettering and photos look substantially better with the new colors. Thanks.

Incidentally, I'm a baseball fan who was converted to basketball by the UConn women back in the early 2000s thanks to coverage on CT PBS. In fact, I'd say I'm more of a UConn women's basketball fan these days than a baseball fan which is rather amazing since I started rooting for the Dodgers when they were in Brooklyn. And in my new fanaticism over the UConn women, your recruiting site is a regular stop on my Internet browsing. I keep looking for new recruiting prospects for 2013 and look forward to the information you post.

BTW, one of the worst trades in Dodger history occurred in 1993 and involved Delino DeShields, father of Diamond DeShields. He came to LA for Pedro Martinez, and the Dodgers lost a future Hall of Famer. Delino did little for LA. But I would be delighted if Diamond follows her hero, Maya Moore, to UConn and helps lead the team to another national championship.
Welcome, Roy. I hope you enjoy it here on the Boneyard. Keep posting!

BTW, UConn's got a pretty good baseball team, too. :)

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Welcome, Roy. I hope you enjoy it here on the Boneyard. Keep posting!

BTW, UConn's got a pretty good baseball team, too. :)

Thanks, Nan. I'm eagerly looking forward to the season and to posting on the Boneyard. Can't say, though, I'm in a big hurry for November!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I used the colors from the football recruiting site - see what you guys think. The site needs an update, when I do I'll try to add the rankings that I can find.

UConn women's recruiting
Looks great Nan. Love the "blues"

BTW, something struck me looking over the recruits.

Breanna.jpg

Look how high that release is. Remember how tall she is and how long her arms are. She has got to get fouled a billion times with people trying, vainly, to reach that ball. Her right forearm must get black and blue from getting hacked at...probably closer to the elbow than her wrist! ;)

Reaction Score
Great job Nan! I hope people appreciate all the hard work you put in to the Boneyard and recruiting boards.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Great job! And more importantly thanks...

But don't you have anything on the class of 2020 yet?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like this much better as well. Thanks for taking the time to make the changes. And as others have echoed thanks for all the work you do.

Reaction Score
LOVE IT!
I made a promise that instead of lurking this year I would get more involved.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
get job Nan. How bout making the blue a little more blue and the white a little more white and the red a little more red and the word a little larger and how bout more pictures and .............LOL I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom