Ohio State Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ohio State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Natalie provided some valuable minutes to get players some rest. However the only stat she provided was one offensive rebound that did lead to a made 3 point shot. If she could get open for a couple of shots and make them it would significantly help. OSU scored last 8 points of the half.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is about what I expected. UCONN has no real bench against top tier competition with the exception of Butler, and that's about all he played in the first half. Not sure if the kids are getting tired, but UCONN will build up a nice lead only to let it slip away at the end of each quarter. That's a result (IMHO) of physical or mental fatigue, which is probably coming from playing too many minutes with no rest.

Reaction Score
I obviously didn't see the game but following it on my phone was thrilled that they'd pulled out to a 14 point lead and then seemingly in an instant, it was shaved to 6 points. I read someone being disappointed in their offense but for their star to score eight points in the waning seconds of the first half is suggesting that there was some serious defensive lapses. I know she's talented but that's a little much. I don't have any idea who is guarding her or what type defense they're using but come on. She's a one person wrecking ball and keeping them in the game. I can't imagine Geno is a very happy camper right about now!

Reaction Score
We're going to need a wild card tonight........ Crystal Dangerfield to the rescue.

Reaction Score
OSU has total 7 fouls, UConn has only 2 fouls
We need Napheesa and Gabby to score more ...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
IMG_0066.JPG
Yeah, but you aren't on national tv (at least I don't THINK you are....). Not a good look for him.
But it's a look that's in:

Reaction Score
This is about what I expected. UCONN has no real bench against top tier competition with the exception of Butler, and that's about all he played in the first half. Not sure if the kids are getting tired, but UCONN will build up a nice lead only to let it slip away at the end of each quarter. That's a result (IMHO) of physical or mental fatigue, which is probably coming from playing too many minutes with no rest.
I can't imagine that Bent wouldn't be a bit of an asset to just give Dangerfield or Nurse a breather. I can't imagine her doing any worse than what happened in the last two minutes of the half where we were outscored 8-0

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I obviously didn't see the game but following it on my phone was thrilled that they'd pulled out to a 14 point lead and then seemingly in an instant, it was shaved to 6 points. I read someone being disappointed in their offense but for their star to score eight points in the waning seconds of the first half is suggesting that there was some serious defensive lapses. I know she's talented but that's a little much. I don't have any idea who is guarding her or what type defense they're using but come on. She's a one person wrecking ball and keeping them in the game. I can't imagine Geno is a very happy camper right about now!
Geno actually said he was pretty satisfied with the first half.

Reaction Score
Geno being interviewed at halftime. Recognize anyone sitting down low?

upload_2016-12-19_19-59-26.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Bent wouldn't be a bit of an asset to just give Dangerfield or Nurse a breather. I can't imagine her doing any worse than what happened in the last two minutes of the half where we were outscored 8-0
She could turn over the ball, which would be a disaster since OSU is quick.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Right now Kelsey Mitchell is singlehandedly keeping OSU in this game. She has more than half their points.

Reaction Score
Geno actually said he was pretty satisfied with the first half.
Wow! That's surprising. I wonder if it's him sticking to the idea that a loss to a good time might actually be what the team needs to get them to ignite their passion and play for the full 40 minutes. He's mentioned the possibility of a loss on more than one occasion. I certainly don't agree but he's a pretty smart man and he's a lot closer to the situation than I am.

Reaction Score
IF Uconn actually bothered to play the last 2 minutes of each quarter they game would over..20+lead.

Reaction Score
She could turn over the ball, which would be a disaster since OSU is quick.
As I said, an eight point run in the final two minutes suggests that UConn was playing pretty sloppily in that abbreviated time. The presumption that she would be a big liability and not a positive reflects pretty badly on her abilities. I can't imagine in that time frame OSU could have outscored us more badly.

Reaction Score
IF Uconn actually bothered to play the last 2 minutes of each quarter they game would over..20+lead.

UConn has been outscored 19-0 in the last 2 minutes of each quarter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As I said, an eight point run in the final two minutes suggests that UConn was playing pretty sloppily in that abbreviated time. The presumption that she would be a big liability and not a positive reflects pretty badly on her abilities. I can't imagine in that time frame OSU could have outscored us more badly.
No, it was Kelsey Mitchell that had the run. I can't imagine taking it Kia and putting in Molly on defense.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Collier nice 3, then misses the easy 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads