Ohio st recap | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ohio st recap

Reaction Score
Had very mixed thoughts on Coombs. On her first two possessions, she dribbled through most of the defense and made great layups. From then on until 4th Q, Ohio St. gave her the outside shot and collapsed on her drives. Often played off the drive and went for the steal on her pass. Not very effective. This was not a good team so if they knew to do this, Top 20 teams will see this video and likely to turn things into 5 on 4 until Coombs takes and hits outside shots.
Excellent point. A shut-down strategy that will force the issue. Problem is; I don't see her outside shot ever becoming a threat. Really hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
Offense was adequate. Defense (against a much slower team) was mediocre. Rebounding (particularly on the offensive board) was on life support. The bench was a non-factor (and here I am being kind). If any of the starters sustains an injury or gets into foul trouble . . . . well, it has the potential of becoming a very long and unUconn-like season.
Just to make your point a bit stronger; if my math is correct, the second half of the game was basically a tie. And we used starters for much of third period.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Just to make your point a bit stronger; if my math is correct, the second half of the game was basically a tie. And we used starters for much of third period.
But didn't Geno call off the fast break? And most of the 4th quarter it was mostly our reserves against at least four of their starters (I think; could be wrong).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For some reason Geno likes to put KLS back in games when they are already decided. Hopefully ONO will have better practices so she can play more. She is not going to improve much playing five minutes a game.

Reaction Score
I’m not disappointed I just found it odd. As for your “comfort garbage time” he pulled out Collier & her with 3 mins left in the 3rd. The lead was still 25 when she went back in halfway through the 4th. We also had another PG (Bent) in. If you’re upset & defensive at the remark then it’s probably true. I just hope this season we protect Katie Lou from injury and look to limit mins when we can instead of stat hunt for her.
BS that was not the intent of your comment and that was not the intent of what Geno was doing but then again that’s what I would expect from a someone as close ;)

Reaction Score
But didn't Geno call off the fast break? And most of the 4th quarter it was mostly our reserves against at least four of their starters (I think; could be wrong).
I don't pay much attention to the substitutions on the other side. I don't know any of the OSU players now that what's her name is gone.

Reaction Score
BS that was not the intent of your comment and that was not the intent of what Geno was doing but then again that’s what I would expect from a someone as close ;)
Not sure who you think I am (close to who?) or why you think I'm upset. No need to be defensive over a harmless comment. it's a thing of the past at this point. Not sure how many games ago this was but time to move on. I completely forgot about it :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom