Oh Pleeeeze! | The Boneyard

Oh Pleeeeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That out-of-bounds call that just went against Illinois w/40 sec left was a killer.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not calling the foul was pretty bad too.

Reaction Score
That out-of-bounds call that just went against Illinois w/40 sec left was a killer.

yep ruined a great ending to a great game that wasnt even close how does a play like that not get reviewed

Reaction Score
I don't have DVR ability since I'm watching on a tablet but multiple people on twitter/forums are saying that from a sideline angle the ball went off the Illini player's fingertips.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Thank goodness! I have Miami winning it all. I'll take all the bad calls and good luck I can get.

Reaction Score
That looked like Illinois ball to me, then the follow up rebounding foul against Miami was pretty bad also. But the worst decision in the last minute was Illinois not fouling Reggie Johnson when he got the ball on an inbounds play, instead they let it get to Larkin and that was it. Why they didn't foul Johnson is totally beyond me.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That ball definitely skipped off the Illinois player's fingertips. Kudos to the ref for getting it right while the announcers and half the Internet world continue to get it wrong after slow motion replays.

Reaction Score
Some tough calls everywhere it happens......how about Iowa State and that block? I can't believe they made a big deal about the circle he was already in the air making his move as the defender moved in it's a block......on the low block that is no longer defense even outside the circle it's just setting the offensive guy up to get hurt they need to change that call.......

Reaction Score
Miami will have a way better shot against cuse if it comes to that. So I'm OK with this.

Reaction Score
I don't have DVR ability since I'm watching on a tablet but multiple people on twitter/forums are saying that from a sideline angle the ball went off the Illini player's fingertips.

Those people may be reaching for something. My 50 in w/DVR looks like it was Mia player. All the direction and momentum to the sideline was from the Miami player charging over the top. Got a clear hand in and poked it out of the Illini players grasp. Don't know how to insert GIF but here's the link.

http://gifsection.com/miami-was-awa...-call-wrong-illinois-miami/miami-gets-a-call/

Reaction Score
Some tough calls everywhere it happens......how about Iowa State and that block? I can't believe they made a big deal about the circle he was already in the air making his move as the defender moved in it's a block......on the low block that is no longer defense even outside the circle it's just setting the offensive guy up to get hurt they need to change that call.......

I think the whole blocking/charging call has become a joke. 6'10" behemoths crashing to the ground when a 6'0" guard dares to drive the lane; an offensive player leaving his feet only to have a defensive player slide all the way from across the lane to take away his landing space. (e.g. Indiana yesterday)

I think in actuality the calls should be 90% blocking and 10% true charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom