Oh boy, Big 12 supposedly interested in UConn again | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oh boy, Big 12 supposedly interested in UConn again

Reaction Score
My point was that the decision ona league change should be based on basketball, not football.
So you’re fine with a distribution of $4 million a year which is what UConn gets from the Big East? That’s only about half of the combined annual compensation for Hurley and Geno. So I guess you’re fine with all other sports including football getting zero?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And how has that worked out for Rutgers athletically?
They’re about the same they were in the Big East, but with more cash in the bank

IMG_3128.jpeg

Reaction Score
Discussions about Conference Realignment should be on the Conference Realignment board.

This thread should be closed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They’re about the same athey were in the Big East, but with more cash in the bank

View attachment 102398
"about the same as they were in the Big East"

That's not what those numbers say. In the last 10 seasons Rutgers has had a losing B1G record. In 2008, 2 years before moving into a new conference, they were an NCAA 2 seed and had a good case for the 4th 1 seed.
I'm not saying that the move caused all of that but the extra money didn't help the wcbb program one bit. Yet all everyone talks about is the $$$.

Reaction Score
"about the same as they were in the Big East"

That's not what those numbers say. In the last 10 seasons Rutgers has had a losing B1G record. In 2008, 2 years before moving into a new conference, they were an NCAA 2 seed and had a good case for the 4th 1 seed.
I'm not saying that the move caused all of that but the extra money didn't help the wcbb program one bit. Yet all everyone talks about is the $$$.
Money doesn’t solve every issue, but it’s much better having it than not having a chance to solve it. Rutgers could easily become a power in wbb, again.

Reaction Score
Money doesn’t solve every issue, but it’s much better having it than not having a chance to solve it. Rutgers could easily become a power in wbb, again.

Well their P-4 money hasn't helped. More income will require an investment and stadium alterations will end up twice their estimate. Trust me. I wrote construction contracts for CT. Then there is the extra money for a professional coaching staff good enough to attract pro prospects.
And how stable is the B12? I could see UConn making the investment and then finding themselves in UWashington 's position only with a huge debt to pay off.

Maybe not though.

Reaction Score
Well their P-4 money hasn't helped. More income will require an investment and stadium alterations will end up twice their estimate. Trust me. I wrote construction contracts for CT. Then there is the extra money for a professional coaching staff good enough to attract pro prospects.
And how stable is the B12? I could see UConn making the investment and then finding themselves in UWashington 's position only with a huge debt to pay off.

Maybe not though.
If you were writing contracts for UCONN right now, wouldn't it show that long term that the budget athletically can't be sustained?

Reaction Score

Maybe not though.
Was only talking about Rutgers wbb. With the right support from the administration and AD, and the right coaching staff, they could make a great program. Huge recruiting area advantage as I see it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom