Oh Boo Hoo Hoo: Then Quit Dammit! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oh Boo Hoo Hoo: Then Quit Dammit!

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Only Geno knows when it's time to leave...as far as I can tell he is still getting great pleasure from watching his kids improve on the court and off....if he successfully recruits Jones, Bueckers, Fudd and others he'll most likely hang around for quite a while...if he sees a drop off in recruiting due to a scarcity of great players willing to learn under his system then it will be time to move on...

You likely are correct. Research indicates retirement is one of the worst things for health in many cases. But there are middle grounds to retirement and engaging in the highest pressure position of your profession. It's all speculation ... on both our parts.

Reaction Score
I have noticed that Geno has been wincing often when he walks off the court at half times and the ends of games this year. Maybe a candidate for hip replacement surgery in the not so distant future...

Reaction Score
You likely are correct. Research indicates retirement is one of the worst things for health in many cases. But there are middle grounds to retirement and engaging in the highest pressure position of your profession. It's all speculation ... on both our parts.

If you've read any of my posts you'd know I specialize in speculation.............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Geno loves to have something to piss and moan about, otherwise he wouldn't be himself. If there wasn't anything he'd invent something.

He's also a perfectionist. Anything less than perfect and he's introspective, likely fretting over little things he's possibly not doing, or doing wrong, in his own estimation.

I think he uses his brash, wise guy public personality to mask a deep insecurity. As a perfectionist, no matter what he accomplishes, it will never be quite good enough in his own mind.

All of these things have helped drive him to the heights he has achieved.
Geno is also one of the most candid coaches around. Sometimes some of us might wish he was not so candid, but apparently that is one of the ways he deals with stress. I,m sure Belichick eels the same stress but he holds it behind the mask.
Why is this discussion on the Boneyard instead on the Tennessee board? I don’t understand a thread on here somewhat critical of Geno when we and the team should be focused on ND. We are very fortunate to have Geno and Chris. Just go to the Tennessee boar. They recognize how fortunate we are..

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I have a feeling a guy like Geno would be more likely to suffer a heart attack, depression etc if he simply retired and moved to a beautiful house on a golf course in Florida......

...the Bear Bryant scenario, who died 4 weeks of a massive heart attack after retiring as the Alabama football coach.
(Of course, Bryant was a heavy drinker and smoker.)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I have noticed that Geno has been wincing often when he walks off the court at half times and the ends of games this year. Maybe a candidate for hip replacement surgery in the not so distant future...
You are probably correct, but I just assumed he was dreading answering the inane questions he is frequently asked at those on court interviews.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You are probably correct, but I just assumed he was dreading answering the inane questions he is frequently asked at those on court interviews.

I suspect you are both right, with a dallop of migraine.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
...the Bear Bryant scenario, who died 4 weeks of a massive heart attack after retiring as the Alabama football coach.
(Of course, Bryant was a heavy drinker and smoker.)

See Ulysses S. Grant discussion ante.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Now cough please. :p

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It may also be his knees, which I suspect is more the case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom