Officiating During Texas NC St Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Officiating During Texas NC St Game

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
How would a referee go about determining a team's best player?
Right. And wouldn't it be hard to keep in your head which players have four fouls? I don't have enough memory cells left to do that.

Reaction Score
I can't wait until the offensive, initiated contact is reviewed and the rules revised. I have the images of Allen, Epps, Mitchell on breakaways with one defender to beat. Basically the defender is running parallel to the ball handler and at the last moment, the offensive player jumps into the defender and is granted a foul shot(s). That isn't basketball.
The question is, will the rules be changed or will the refs ever call a foul on the offensive player for initiating contact? Just a pet peeve of mine and probably others.

Reaction Score
Trust me, the late game officiating in close games on the men's side has been atrocious. The NCAA even had to publicly admit a blatant goaltending call was missed late in a very close Gonzaga - Northwestern game. The Gonzaga player stuck his arm and hand up through the rim from below to swat away a Northwestern shot. How do you not see that? Guess who won?

These zebras are dictating the outcome of games, and it invariably favors the higher seed.
Yeah, well, the grass is always greener I guess.

Reaction Score
you did not see the final 8 seconds of the Miami FGCU game, Two blatent fouls one a charge and one where the player was shoved out of bounds by Miami were not called. QU should have played FGCU not Miami

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom