Official "wtf were those refs doing" thread | The Boneyard

Official "wtf were those refs doing" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was a joke. I don't know wtf was going through their minds

Reaction Score
Not sure I've ever complained about the refs so much in a blowout win for UConn.

Those refs were criminal. Luckily Memphis isn't very good.

But seriously. Criminal.
Tape is reviewed on every ref, every game. I hope they get the message. A 20-point Road win, and I'm pissed off because the officiating was an embarrassment to the game tonight.

Reaction Score
Patrick and Elmore talking about how thin Memphis was in depth, not sure what game they watched, it was 8vs5 all night. I've never seen anything like what happened tonight, that was ridiculous.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Don't think IV ever seen a game called so one sided before,wait I lied it happens in Duke and Uk games all the time.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
29 - 14 foul count.... wtf. Certainly a terrible officiated game.

Reaction Score
Patrick and Elmore talking about how thin Memphis was in depth, not sure what game they watched, it was 8vs5 all night. I've never seen anything like what happened tonight, that was ridiculous.
We had Georgetown pretty darn thin although I think the calls were more justified (some bias there probably).

The refs were bad, but this could happen any road game. I would be surprised if we don't have another badly called away game this year. What really matters is that we were relentless and completely outlasted Memphis. Purvis and Adams were beating the defense back down the court consistently. 20 point road wins are always encouraging.

Reaction Score
I thought that it was going to go this way because of Gaffney. He is known for doing this kind of thing.

And when I saw that they decided NOT to give the ball back to UConn with one second left on the 30-sec clock in the first half, after they looked at the replay, it confirmed that they would try to twist things.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It's not just the ft disparity, it's the ft disparity despite out rebounding them, turning it over 10 less times and out scoring them in the paint 4 fold. Sometimes you can look at the game and say gameplay dictated the imbalance. Not in this case. It was glaringly obvious. The hand check fouls on Nolan were offensive. The Brimah's 3rd was offensive. Gibbs getting called for that block was offensive. Hold their paychecks.

Reaction Score
my favorite was the announcer trying to justify the call. Just act like everything was fine and move on. Bilas would have layed into these refs

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
When we lose, we can't blame the refs because people on their board get on their high-horses and say THE REFS DIDN'T LOSE US THE GAME.

So since we won, I'm gonna b!tch away... that was THE WORST officiated game I've ever seen. I can't even begin to list the number of horse$h!t calls. Then at the end when the game was out of reach, they swallowed their whistle... thank god none of our guys got hurt. That was atrocious.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
The refs were on our side vs georgetown lol
So whats the problem. We won

Reaction Score
We had Georgetown pretty darn thin although I think the calls were more justified (some bias there probably).

The refs were bad, but this could happen any road game. I would be surprised if we don't have another badly called away game this year. What really matters is that we were relentless and completely outlasted Memphis. Purvis and Adams were beating the defense back down the court consistently. 20 point road wins are always encouraging.
gtown was hucking up 3's all game hence they didn't get many fouls. We were attacking the paint the last 30 min of the game tonight, which makes the discrepancy a little odd. Goodwin got a foul every time phil breathed on him

Reaction Score
It's bad enough being stuck in this conference but having to deal with these refs is just a sick joke, they are seriously worse than refs working high school games in the Berkshire league. It's amazing to me they are allowed to work college games.

Reaction Score
I live down here and watched with a bunch of tigers fans. Apparently they thought the refs blew too many calls and favored uconn, ha ha ha. They should have shot 55 fts in their minds. Lmao x3. What a joke. Really satisfying how pissed everyone was. Really good cohesive effort tonight. This may be the catalyst!

Reaction Score
It's bad enough being stuck in this conference but having to deal with these refs is just a sick joke, they are seriously worse than refs working high school games in the Berkshire league. It's amazing to me they are allowed to work college games.

There's no such thing as conference refs in basketball. We had Gaffney and Lucky plenty of times in the Big East.

Reaction Score
There's no such thing as conference refs in basketball. We had Gaffney and Lucky plenty of times in the Big East.
I'm aware of that, we get the worst refs in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom