Official UCONN vs Nova prediction thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Nova prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is no objective reason to think we will win tonight. They were better than we were last year (quite a bit better) and return 3 of their 4 best players. My head says 24-17 Nova, my heart says 19-17 Huskies.

Reaction Score
There is no objective reason to think we will win tonight. They were better than we were last year (quite a bit better) and return 3 of their 4 best players. My head says 24-17 Nova, my heart says 19-17 Huskies.

You don't think our depth on the DL will play a major factor vs their inexperienced OL (with little depth in the heat)? We keep hearing how hard our guys worked in the off season. You don't think our overall depth vs a roster with 65 scholarship players, in the heat, won't favor us?

Reaction Score
You don't think our depth on the DL will play a major factor vs their inexperienced OL (with little depth in the heat)? We keep hearing how hard our guys worked in the off season. You don't think our overall depth vs a roster with 65 scholarship players, in the heat, won't favor us?

Our conditioning program is one thing we can point to. However, teams make the leap from year to year all the time, with no reason to think it would happen before it did. I'm perfectly fine thinking "why not us?"

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Yeah, because teams can't improve with 25 more scholarships, better strength and conditioning, and another year experience. That never happens.

Far too many people are predicting doom (You just happen to be insufferable) based on last year and are completely dismissing whatever the team did from Mid-December 2014 to August 2015.

This is a different team from last year and I think you'll find that there was a method to Coach Diaco's madness.

25 more scholarships? You mean we replaced 25 experienced players with 25 18 year olds (for the most part) who won't contribute much. Personally I'd rather have Geremy Davis and Byron Jones on the field tonight instead of some freshman, but that's just me, call me crazy. Our hopes lie in the form of a transfer QB who is a total unknown and huge improvement in game management from our coaches. The rest is window dressing.

Reaction Score
We win 19-17 on a last second field goal from Tarbutt at 55 yards out. Fans embarrassingly rush the field. In a strange turn of events, this is the closest game we play all year as we march to our first national title.

Bartender, may I have what he's having?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
25 more scholarships? You mean we replaced 25 experienced players with 25 18 year olds (for the most part) who won't contribute much. Personally I'd rather have Geremy Davis and Byron Jones on the field tonight instead of some freshman, but that's just me, call me crazy. Our hopes lie in the form of a transfer QB who is a total unknown and huge improvement in game management from our coaches. The rest is window dressing.
Hold your breath. You're wasting my oxygen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22