Official Trump the Tigers Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Official Trump the Tigers Game Thread

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Our offense has been pitiful for the better part of Ollie's tenure. We win games with our defense - we're losing right now because we're getting shredded on the defensive end outside of ~5 possessions.
+1 me.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
These threads crack me up every game. If we're winning, people start picking their favorite players and making the case for why they were the only posters on the board who knew their favorite players were good.

That Vital signing is gonna be really big for us. 4 year players like that can have a huge impact on a team, ton of dog in him.

HAAAAA!

We've come full circle. Well done. Well done...

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
1gpxu0zcn9_u17c7e.png

Reaction Score
How did the Purvis dunk not count? Clearly before buzzer. Was it the same ref that counted UCFs final basket that was clearly after it?
I rescind my complaint, they reversed the call eventually. 65-62.

Reaction Score
They counted the last dunk according to JoeD, so we win by 3. 65-62.
Yes, that should have counted. Great win for UCONN. CV was huge off the bench. Special player and JA was the man down the end. Great d and guard play in the second half for a big win.

Reaction Score
How did the Purvis dunk not count? Clearly before buzzer. Was it the same ref that counted UCFs final basket that was clearly after it?

Yeah. Ran it in slo-mo. There was .4 on the TV clock when the ball went through the hoop. I'm glad it wasn't vital in this great win.

Reaction Score
The defensive intensity notched way up like days of old. Nice to see. Obviously shots were falling but the D created the rhythm and momentum. Kids went out there to take it and they got it done. The Jekyll and Hyde nature of their play is beyond confounding, though.

Reaction Score
We will have to endure the Jalen to the NBA posts.

Adams seems like he likes it here. He seems like he's always on the same page with Ollie too. (When he chirps at players, it tends to be because they aren't following Ollie's instructions.) He's not Hamilton, IMO.

Kid is so special. We aren't even talking about the second half he had because we just expect it from him. There are places he needs to improve of course, but I really can't get over how good he is already. And he's all heart, which is something I personally like.

Reaction Score
Memphis got 22 points in the 2nd half.

I really can't believe the crap Ollie get around here. This team has fought hard all year, despite the challenges.
As much as I love Ollie, and agree a lot of the stuff said about him on here is nuts, he didn't prepare his team coming into the year, and that's a fact. There were no real injury issues in the first few games. They just got trounced by better teams with way less talent and size.

That Wagner game was coming like a truck and the team was a deer in the headlights. Ollie's gotta own that mistake and fix it in coming years. He's a new coach. Mistakes are expected, especially with a team that hasn't played much together. But we can't give Ollie a free pass. He screwed up, everyone does, and he needs to improve to keep UConn on top. And I think that's a fair expectation for fans.

Firing him is and was an idiotic notion however, even at the seasons lowest points.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've been talking up Vital all season but you can have your moment.

Exactly. You talk him up when we win. You say we all suck and Ollie should be fired when we lose. That was my first post in this thread. You only wasted about three minutes after our win to prove me right. Good stuff...

Reaction Score
Yeah. Ran it in slo-mo. There was .4 on the TV clock when the ball went through the hoop. I'm glad it wasn't vital in this great win.

I'm happy they didn't count that dunk because it would have given Memphis the ball with a slim chance to tie down 3.
Great win!
()

Reaction Score

AAC site's highlight video.

Love that they catch a player (Facey?) yelling for the team to line-up at the end while they are celebrating at mid-court.

Sick win.

Reaction Score
Did they count the Purvis jam at the end? Im seeingba 63-62 final. I hope they count it after giving USF credit for a hoop way after the buzzer last game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom