Official Trump the Tigers Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official Trump the Tigers Game Thread

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Our offense has been pitiful for the better part of Ollie's tenure. We win games with our defense - we're losing right now because we're getting shredded on the defensive end outside of ~5 possessions.

Reaction Score
2 fouls by our bigs 30 feet from the basket. What the heck are they thinking?

Reaction Score
You post your same opinions on every different thread every day . I think everybody knows how you feel by know buddy.
And you tell me I'm wrong or an idiot any time I point out our flaws, any coaching mistakes, how being a middle of the pack AAC team every season is hurting our prestige etc. Try giving some analysis instead of just saying something's wrong or someone is an idiot because you don't agree with their observations. I'll ask again what UConn team in the past 30 years is this team better than? Are we not horrendous? Will we win the AAC tourny?

Reaction Score
You post your same opinions on every different thread every day . I think everybody knows how you feel by know buddy.
The problem is that this indeed is not a very good team. I am reluctant to post this at half time, but in the first half of this game, UConn was outplayed by a mediocre at best team, and KO was outcoached. Maybe they will come back in the second half. I don't know. They don't seem like to come to play every game. But I don't think that you are really seeing honestly the product that is on the court and you are lashing out at those that do.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And you tell me I'm wrong or an idiot any time I point out our flaws, any coaching mistakes, how being a middle of the pack AAC team every season is hurting our prestige etc. Try giving some analysis instead of just saying something's wrong or someone is an idiot because you don't agree with their observations. I'll ask again what UConn team in the past 30 years is this team better than? Are we not horrendous? Will we win the AAC tourny?
Fairly confident this team could beat the 2006-2007 Freshman Huskies. But yet again I feel like Calhoun would obliterate Ollie's schemes.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned this the other week, when Rodney is patient and waits until about 5-8 minutes into a game to start shooting, he usually gets hot. When he shoots early and often he can't hit anything and makes mistakes all over the place.

Reaction Score
Not saying it's a good product , just saying this dude posts the same things every damn day.
Maybe he is just upset like many of us are. UConn fans are just not used to seeing something like this inconsistency.

Reaction Score
They'll cut it to 4, run out of gas and lose by 10 and everyone will say what great heart, they didn't give up, etc. When in fact that first half was embarrassing. Not one player showed up to play tonight. Not one. What does that say about this team?

Reaction Score
Still have another half to play, but good God does this squad know how to stink up the place.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
These threads crack me up every game. If we're winning, people start picking their favorite players and making the case for why they were the only posters on the board who knew their favorite players were good. If we're losing, Ollie sucks, Purvis is horrible, and Calhoun would be 24-0 with this same group.

Memphis is hitting their shots. We aren't. That's most of the issue tonight. Some of it is silly turnovers or silly fouls, but the bad shooting is why we're in this situation right now...

Reaction Score
If Adams isn't constantly penetrating and dishing off wide open shots we have no offense. It's that simple, nobody else can create or make even mildly contested shots

Reaction Score
These threads crack me up every game. If we're winning, people start picking their favorite players and making the case for why they were the only posters on the board who knew their favorite players were good. If we're losing, Ollie sucks, Purvis is horrible, and Calhoun would be 24-0 with this same group.

Memphis is hitting their shots. We aren't. That's most of the issue tonight. Some of it is silly turnovers or silly fouls, but the bad shooting is why we're in this situation right now..
We haven't played well against a decent team all season outside of Syracuse who was pretty bad at the time, there is a reason for that. There is a reason we always seem to miss shots when we play decent teams and they always seem to make them. We blew out USF who is one of the worst teams in D1, people coming away with big takeaways from that game were just wishing something to be true.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We haven't played well against a decent team all season outside of Syracuse who was pretty bad at the time, there is a reason for that. There is a reason we always seem to miss shots when we play decent teams and they always seem to make them. We blew out USF who is one of the worst teams in D1, people coming away with big takeaways from that game were just wishing something to be true.

That's super, John...

Reaction Score

Memphis is hitting their shots. We aren't. That's most of the issue tonight. Some of it is silly turnovers or silly fouls, but the bad shooting is why we're in this situation right now..
There is a little truth on all sides of the argument. There is no consistent quality of play. In fact there are wild swings. Sometimes they look great and other times horrid. To me that is a coaching thing when you cut through it all, especially after 24 games.

Reaction Score

You don't really believe this do you? Memphis is outplaying us in every facet of the game, and it's not even close.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
There is a little truth on all sides of the argument. There is no consistent quality of play. In fact there are wild swings. Sometimes they look great and other times horrid. To me that is a coaching thing when you cut through it all, especially after 24 games.

Was it also a coaching thing when Vital and Purvis were hitting their shots over the last 6 games? Or does that not count?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Finally some life then Vital and Adams clobber each other. Unbelievable

Reaction Score
Yeah the hoops are different vs the good teams.
Have you ever played basketball before? It's incredible you don't undertand this. You get easier shots against bad teams, decent teams tend to make shots against bad teams.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You don't really believe this do you? Memphis is outplaying us in every facet of the game, and it's not even close.

Right now, we are about even in rebounds, steals, blocks, turnovers, and fouls. But we've missed 7 free throws and our shooting percentage is worse. So...not every facet. Don't let facts trip you up on the way to your whine fest...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom