Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Remember when they said that it was our Super Bowl to play them?
IDK. I kind of feel that the NCAA championship game is our Super Bowl.

We don't manage to get there every year. But we do get there, and we have done so several times.

And, most often, when we do get to that game, we win.

I do not recall ever having met Syracuse in the NCAA championship game. But, then, they do get there quite infrequently.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
IDK. I kind of feel that the NCAA championship game is our Super Bowl.

We don't manage to get there every year. But we do get there, and we have done so several times.

And, most often, when we do get to that game, we win.

I do not recall ever having met Syracuse in the NCAA championship game. But, then, they do get there quite infrequently.
Amend that. we win EVERY time we get there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Last night was a terrible night if you want to see Syracuse suffer for years.

Too many losses like that and they’re gonna have to stage a hit to get rid of Boeheim.

push GIF

Reaction Score
From what I gathered the Big East is overrated and Sean Miller or Shaka Smart are some initial new hire ideas.
No, those are options #2 and #3. Apparently, Nate Oats is going to go on a 10 day meth bender; which will lead him to leave Alabama (riches AD in the country) to take the reins up north.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I agree with the guy who says hire Pitino for a few years then hand the reigns to Buddy
I think JB has earned the right to designate that after the transition period the job goes to the first of his kids to bless him with a grandchild, even if it means that his daughter becomes the first woman to coach a D-1 Men's team, and she attracts some attention for breast-feeding on the bench during games. Papa B has already established precedent for private behavior in public spaces, and this would be more than hygiene and tension-reduction. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Jim, he can't go full Pete Bell from Blue Chips and have boosters buy all his players. Because everyone can buy players now, he can't really cheat to get back on top. That being said, if he has another Laurie Fine on staff, he could bring in another championship!
Yeah, it’s going to take more than a tractor to bring in a recruit capable of turning this mess around.

Reaction Score
No, those are options #2 and #3. Apparently, Nate Oats is going to go on a 10 day meth bender; which will lead him to leave Alabama (riches AD in the country) to take the reins up north.
Actually they’re 4, 5 and 6. 1, 2 and 3 are Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, and Jay Wright cuz why not at least try (personally I think there’s a lot of merit in not getting publicly humiliated by even the mention of going after them).

I hope they end up with Matt McCall (who couldn’t answer the McCall at Umass). That would be the ultimate icing on the cake.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Actually they’re 4, 5 and 6. 1, 2 and 3 are Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, and Jay Wright cuz why not at least try (personally I think there’s a lot of merit in not getting publicly humiliated by even the mention of going after them).

I hope they end up with Matt McCall (who couldn’t answer the McCall at Umass). That would be the ultimate icing on the cake.
If Brad Stevens didn't "return home" for the Indiana job after they fired Archie Moore, I don't think he is returning to college, let alone Southern Canada. He has settled into his role seamlessly in Boston's front office, and I don't think he's leaving in the near future.

Reaction Score
If Brad Stevens didn't "return home" for the Indiana job after they fired Archie Moore, I don't think he is returning to college, let alone Southern Canada. He has settled into his role seamlessly in Boston's front office, and I don't think he's leaving in the near future.
If Stevens leaves a NBA front office job for any college coaching job (and as you said, let alone Southern Canada State), I would be worried about a stroke or early-onset dementia

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If Stevens leaves a NBA front office job for any college coaching job (and as you said, let alone Southern Canada State), I would be worried about a stroke or early-onset dementia
Agreed. He was still coaching when the Indiana job opened in 2021. He has said he loves Boston ("I am a 'Masshole...'") and enjoys his current position.

The first indication I had that he is not returning to the pro or college sideline anytime soon was when he did not re-assuming the Boston bench following the Udoka suspension.

Reaction Score
Either he leaves after this season in which he flat out sucked or he leaves within a couple years where they wont be any better. As Michael Scott says, thats a win, win, win, Everybody wins.

Syracuse and those fans get no love from me. Burn baby burn.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A small quibble, in recognition of a harmless & mildly humorous error, in case you or others aren't aware of both with the famous name.

Archie Moore was a helluva boxer:

or otherwise...

The namesake of a handful of CT wing joints

My derision in this thread is reserved exclusively for Syracuse Men's Basketball, and offered entirely in fun (mine). It's a liberating contrast to my general distaste for such a point of view directed toward UConn Men's Basketball by some of its own fans, especially during the season, and after painful losses.

I don't need Syracuse to rot in a place with a bad reputation. They just seem to be giving us an awful lot to work with lately, and allowing my id to use this thread as a dog park supports me in being relentless in boosting positive energy toward the MBB and WBB teams May they both reach their highest heights during this very absorbing and uniquely challenging double season.

Reaction Score
Dementia would be the only believable explanation

Reaction Score
Newton hit two three-pointers from at least 30 feet last night. Playing zone in this era is about as smart as an NFL team running the 4-6 defense or an MLB team going with a 4 man rotation.
Seems many of his threes are from really deep. And every time he lets one fly I yell, "No!!!" And then invariably he makes it. So I will keep yelling "No!!!"

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Brad's entire closet is legendary green, not puke orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog