Official Silence the Shocker Game Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Official Silence the Shocker Game Thread

Reaction Score
The word from the announcer was chemistry. They have it. We can’t expect to with all this change.
We are in a fourth season now without chemistry. At what point do we stop blaming players and start looking at the person who is coaching them?

Reaction Score
We've recruited top shooters but most of the other good teams also recruit them, and they end up not choosing UConn. No mystery, they have better chance of going to NCAA tournament, they will be better coached and will progress better, and they'll actually be able to play within an organized framework of well-designed offensive plays that will make them look good to pro scouts. But there are other still accurate shooters in the country, maybe they aren't top 100, but if they can shoot then we should go for them.

I think like many others that once Ollie goes and a good fundamentals coach takes over, then that will help.

Reaction Score
We are in a fourth season now without chemistry. At what point do we stop blaming players and start looking at the person who is coaching them?
This circumstance is a bit different. But your point is well taken

Reaction Score
Well, if they don't change, whether that's with a new coach or Ollie himself, they're are gonna get the same results. That's a sure bet.

And chemistry magically manifests itself when you run good, disciplined sets with regularity.
Not to mention get more kids involved. You could see the body language a few times after Jalen forced up a bad shot without involving anyone else. Kids need to feel involved for chemistry to ever develop.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Mrs Calhoun said Bynum was the biggest player ever at her house. He has about 4 inches on Carlton.
I could drive a truck through this opening but I'll restrain myself.....

Reaction Score
I'm a WSU fan and I'd like to thank UConn for a few things that may be less obvious. Thanks for letting us join your league. Thanks for getting us on national TV at noon Eastern (monster prime time) on a weekend. WSU joining the AAC was a major off-season story, but we don't get that TV slot unless we're playing a name like UConn.

We were warned to be careful on this board because some posters ...well, you know the rest of that line. But I've got to say I enjoyed reading your board during the game. Not because of the reactions to losing, which I found very mature and considered (fire Ollie - I agree).

I appreciate some of the witty comments One that sticks out was the "can't lift 50 pounds" post. That had to be about #12 (Austin Reaves) who has had shoulder surgery every summer since high school and hasn't been able to hit weights one minute over summer.

Then there was this exchange: "I thought you said white guys couldn't play" - "They can play - they just can't jump".

Then "...even our cheerleaders are ugly". If I were to comment on the accuracy of that statement, I'm afraid it could come back to bite me when the Huskies visit Wichita. Our Dance Squad looks better this year, but in the past they've displayed that having a weight limit for young ladies wearing spandex is politically incorrect. I know there can't be a weight limit, but they could put in a vertical leap requirement. That would solve the problem.

We've been through losing a good coach and replacing him with ...again, I think you know the rest of that line. In our case, our AD fired the coach who had recruited Antoine Carr (14 NBA seasons), Cliff Levingston (couple NBA rings with Michael Jordan's Bulls teams), and Xavier McDaniel (NBA All-Star player). It took us 10+ years, a new University Prez, and a new AD to recover from that. Here's hoping you do better than we did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom