Official NLI thread | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The ass kissing? Good Lord have some self respect.

We get it, Jimmy. You value "self" respect a lot more than "mutual" respect. But how about we all have some respect for our program and we stay away from confrontations like this with a 20-foot pole? Wouldn't that be the best way to treat a situation like this in the future, rather than worrying about how much "self" respect we have?

Reaction Score
The shame of this thread is that 24 young men (25 when Jamar Summers gets through the clearinghouse) who have said "yes" to the University of Connecticut were for the most part overlooked. And they continue to be overlooked.

Was UConn right to add Boyle? YES
Was UConn right to add Taylor? YES
Was/Is Lagow within his rights to take extra time to think about the next four years of his life? YES
Do I believe that bantering back and forth with a recruit's father helped anyone accomplish anything? ABSOLUTELY NOT

I will end this post the way I began my first post in this thread. I want to thank the young men who decided to make the University of Connecticut their university of choice to play football and achieve their education. I welcome you to the UConn Family!!!
Thank you Dan. It is amazing how a few of us continue. To o stir in the mud and not enjoy Uconns best recruiting class ever. Excited about yesterday and anxiously awaiting them taking the field this year

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was crystal clear the kid wasn't signing a little over a week ago, when a certain poster was asked by another certain poster a specific question, and got an unmistakeable response, and then there was a follow up from a different poster, even more direct, and the game was on.

You can go back, and find the exact posts/discussion if you'd like, where it was clear that he wasn't signing. (it's not in this thread, and it wasn't posts by me, and it was about a week prior to wednesday)

I still don't believe the identies BTW.

I made a very, very clear post soon after, describing how recruiting - the games can played harder on the prospect side, than on the recruiter side. Hoping fans would get it.

In other fan bases, this poster would have been squashed - quickly. The message had been sent. I told him flat out to stop posting, many times. When that wasn't happening, I did my best to entertain the poster, and keep the discussion anywhere but what he wanted to talk about, and push buttons in this fan base, but it was kept on anyway. (in other threads than this)

And you know what - this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME in february around college football.

It did get quite annoying though, watching so many people kiss ass.

There are many things that frucking HFD is quite insane about, and good lord, whaler and I could never be friends, but the reaction of a majority of the fans on this board to what happened, and even the people in charge, shows that in some ways, what HFD is always yapping about......we are indeed, still a 1-A program with fans that have a lot to learn. I loved the red tie/ blue tie and elephants humping moves BTW. We tried everything we could to change directions on this thing, but fans kept getting picked out of the water hook line and sinker.

I was even cyber-bullied by Fishy about the discussion. I wonder if I will be shut down now, for responding to this thread. Find out next week I guess.

I can't wait to hit the slopes this weekend.

enjoy your weekends everybody, and hopefully all have learned a lesson from this.

This is a fantastic recruiting class we've put together this year. My personal pick for impact player is the RB out of Virginia.

Aw I thought we were friends already :(.

I believe it's him because if it wasn't the family would have come here and said he wasn't - they certainly would know about the threads.

Reaction Score
Honestly, yes it did. Look, personally, I would not have gone as far as whaler went. And he is a self admitted . But he wasn't wrong.

The ass kissing? Good Lord have some self respect.
Yeah, I'm not sure you get points by admitting your an a**hole..that actually makes it worse. I have more sympathy - if that's the right word - for a**holes who don't know they're a**holes.

I went back and forth a few times with Pops Lagow in a kind manner, because quite frankly he was offering a look into RL's thought process and I found it interesting (if you wanted to believe whatever he was posting, that's up to each person I guess). Even though part of me felt he shouldn't be posting here, I'll admit I was looking forward to his next post to get insight into RL's situation. It's not like I thought by sending a few friendly questions/comments his way he was gonna send a jet over to my house and fly me back and we were gonna go on 10-day binger.

In hindsight, do I wish I stayed out of it and focused more on this class? Guilty. But I'd rather err on the side I did than on the other side.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Many of us realized that it looked like Lagow was reconsidering his options, which, as a young man, he has every right to do. Many of us realized it was quite probably inappropriate for his father to be posting here.

But most of us had the good sense in our head to shut our mouths and stay out of it.

Whaler, Carl, Jimmy, HuskyNation, and sportsart can't count themselves among those people. And their little "told ya so" dance here isn't impressing anybody but them.

I'm not doing any told you so dance.

I never said a word on Lagow before Wednesday. I don't fancy myself a scout like so many here. The coaches recruit - I'll figure out how they did when they play the games.

A player's father used this forum to play out his recruitment in public. Which is fine, I still haven't reads the posts from before Wednesday.

When you go to a public forum and misrepresent reality sometimes you get challenged. If you don't like being challenged either tell the truth or don't go public.

It's pretty telling that the responses to me are personal and not related at all to content. When you have nothing to legitimately make on point - people just resort to personal attacks.

Reaction Score
Many of us realized that it looked like Lagow was reconsidering his options, which, as a young man, he has every right to do. Many of us realized it was quite probably inappropriate for his father to be posting here.

But most of us had the good sense in our head to shut our mouths and stay out of it.

Whaler, Carl, Jimmy, HuskyNation, and sportsart can't count themselves among those people. And their little "told ya so" dance here isn't impressing anybody but them.

Keep calling people out. If it makes you feel better fine. I never questioned Richard being sick or not. Never took shots at him at all. I sucked up for 3 days like the rest on here but grew tired of his act and told him to stop.

Mr Lagow went on and on and on. You are obviouly new to college footnall recruiting, seeing you thought schools could fly commits in every weekend to practice before they show up in the summer.

This never happens if Lagow is not here. No parent has ever, ever done what he did on here and it would never be tolerated anywhere else.

Keep playing the fool. You do it well.

Reaction Score
Personally, I am a fan of HFD using video and pictures to express himself. I think that when English is used, it seems more like hieroglyphics. You speak the truth, sir, through your internet artistry.

TIME OUT

Reaction Score
Keep calling people out. If it makes you feel better fine. I never questioned Richard being sick or not. Never took shots at him at all. I sucked up for 3 days like the rest on here but grew tired of his act and told him to stop.

Mr Lagow went on and on and on. You are obviouly new to college footnall recruiting, seeing you thought schools could fly commits in every weekend to practice before they show up in the summer.

This never happens if Lagow is not here. No parent has ever, ever done what he did on here and it would never be tolerated anywhere else.

Keep playing the fool. You do it well.

You keep repeating your attacks on me but they don't make what you said any more appropriate. Nor did I say colleges could fly people out whenever they wanted -- I merely asked if there was any way the University could help. Next time, rather than ask, I'll take your preferred method of communication and jam my foot into my mouth.

I don't mind you running your mouth at me. I can handle it. But I wish you wouldn't do it to recruit's parents, even if you think they deserve it. As I've said before, you have a choice whether or not you want to act like a grown-up and stay out of it or just keep talking . Obviously you prefer the latter.

But don't expect me to be impressed by it.

Reaction Score
There is no reason or excuse to be taking on a potential recruit's parent. They shouldn't be here discussing their child's recruitment, and the appropriate response to that is to not engage with them on tough issues.

Our coaches have enough work to do without worrying about fans and recruits and their parents arguing over things.

Reaction Score
There is no reason or excuse to be taking on a potential recruit's parent. They shouldn't be here discussing their child's recruitment, and the appropriate response to that is to not engage with them on tough issues.

Our coaches have enough work to do without worrying about fans and recruits and their parents arguing over things.

There are so many reasons why this situation never should have gone in the direction it did ... and all of the members involved probably regret some of the decisions they have made ... but I would not classify what Whaler did as "arguing".

Reaction Score
HFD hijack this thread with a big picture of GDL spitting on someone and a run of Lyle up the middle. If that won't work I don't know what will.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
susan wears blue with students

BCgh3p4CEAADMwn.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
when recruits sign they and the fams wear blue

BCefGm2CIAESXVB.jpg

not P tho.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tommy reps uconn

BCb7UwbCAAA7pwJ.jpg

not P tho, rutgers fan....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
my god i may have to give matt walsh a fat kiss. look at this. a blue hat and he one ups the coach with his tie. holy cow, i might punch myself in the vagina.

BCbwAi4CEAE_KYR.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
timmy boyle knows whats up, not coach p tho or the ad
BCbtM-JCQAElKk5.jpg

i like this kids style.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is that javon with a blue hat? welp i know its not our staff atleast
BCbWGZ0CEAAD0c3.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
oh boy oh boy, on official review this kid is rocking a blue bow tie. s on that coach p!

BCbVj8HCEAEgWjr.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
jalen comin thru, my man! blue tie uconn hat!!!

BCbD4SXCIAAh9Hp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog