Official NLI thread | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like so many here I can admit when I'm wrong. I didn't think he was coming.

I won't get into the rest of it other than it puzzles me why the rules are different for player's parents than anyone else.

It's not so much that the rules are different or that we should accept this sort of behavior, but rather, what good can possibly come of getting into a serious argument with them? Sometimes, the "best" thing is to be quietly wrong rather than loudly correct. ;)

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Like so many here I can admit when I'm wrong. I didn't think he was coming.

I won't get into the rest of it other than it puzzles me why the rules are different for player's parents than anyone else.

Fair enough.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's not so much that the rules are different or that we should accept this sort of behavior, but rather, what good can possibly come of getting into a serious argument with them? Sometimes, the "best" thing is to be quietly wrong rather than loudly correct. ;)

Which just gets back to the idea that I think people severely overestimate the importance of what is posted here or anywhere else.

No good or bad comes of any of it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It puzzles you why die hard husky fans could be upset that you weren't being friendly to the father of a recruit who plays a position that UConn has been unable to fill with High D1 talent since Orlovsky? You're correct that people can take message boards too seriously, but it was completely unnecessary to say what you did to him on the most important recruiting day of the year. From someone who doesn't post it was frustrating the hell out of me. Regardless, I'm thrilled Lagow will be attending THE University of Connecticut.
There are people who are interested in the (insert subject here) and there are people who use (inserted subject) as a platform for themselves. I wanted to interject but I've learned that some people are just too head strong to let things go. I hope Richards dad realizes his son can't be, and doesn't need to be, defended against everyone. None of us do. It doesn't mean he or any of us have to like it and shouldn't try, but after a while it is obvious certain people aren't worth the effort to have a discussion with.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It puzzles you why die hard husky fans could be upset that you weren't being friendly to the father of a recruit who plays a position that UConn has been unable to fill with High D1 talent since Orlovsky? You're correct that people can take message boards too seriously, but it was completely unnecessary to say what you did to him on the most important recruiting day of the year. From someone who doesn't post it was frustrating the hell out of me. Regardless, I'm thrilled Lagow will be attending THE University of Connecticut.

It puzzles me why someone who is clearly lying can't be questioned about the content of their posts.

I get it - you and many others treat player's parents as a different class of poster who aren't to be bothered even when they paint the coaching staff in a negative light.

The fact that you want to pretend that a poster challenging a recruit's parent could negatively impact anything - but a parent inferring negative qualities on our coaching staff isn't an issue seems contradictory, but that seems hard to admit for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom