Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

This...this is very embarassing

Yale coach's kid, was supposed to be here this year, now he's flipped to Yale.

zls44

Reaction Score
Going to play for his Dad (a National Championship and former Olympic coach) @ a school like Yale is an embarrassment to UConn?

...two things his dad was when he committed to play for UConn anyway.

zls44

Reaction Score
Safety school...;)

So what are you insinuating- his Dad pulled the plug?

I don't want to speculate directly, but...there's bad vibes around the UConn program that there weren't two years ago.

Reaction Score
I don't want to speculate directly, but...there's bad vibes around the UConn program that there weren't two years ago.
Please share them...

Reaction Score
Bad vibes or horrific performance?

Honestly this could be as simple as a change of heart with he or his father. Maybe he didn't want to originally play under his father or vice versa.
His father just had nice things to say about the UConn staff a few weeks ago when UConn beat them.

I wouldn't necessarily take this as a horrible thing for the program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Corey Pronman of The Athletic just released his updated 2019 draft prospect lists. Vlad Firstov wasn't listed in his "first-round pick" list but he was in the "just missed the cut" list:

"Firstov grew on me as the season went along. He’s physically immature, but he’s a great playmaker with a hard shot."

Reaction Score
I believe the proper pronunciation is Kooz-NYET-soff. But others may know better than me.

Reaction Score
I believe the proper pronunciation is Kooz-NYET-soff. But others may know better than me.
Unlike some other Slavic languages, e.g., Polish in which each of its’ alphabet’s letters is very consistently pronounced, Russkies less consistent. Converting Cyrillic characters to Latin letters also adds some color. Vowels are elongated when spoken, and a Russkie word converted into English can have different meanings depending on accent or point of emphasis in the word. Anyway, here’s Kuznetsov:

Reaction Score
The "yeh" is palatalized is the point. Other pronounciations have a bit more emphasis on the second syllable than yours. But that is a distinction without a difference.

Reaction Score
Nice pick up. Need all the help on D we can get. Good to see him pick UConn over NCHC and BIG10 programs

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score

Former Merrimack commit.

I didn't realize we put the commits in this thread. My bad. I knew there was no way I was breaking news, no way!

Reaction Score
I didn't realize we put the commits in this thread. My bad. I knew there was no way I was breaking news, no way!

No problem... I put it here for reference. Easier to search one thread looking back then the entire forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom