Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don’t use Twitter, but from browsing their board this is by far the most delusional fan base I have ever seen in all of sports. I honestly can’t look away because the things they’re saying to themselves are just so unbelievable.

A guy posts sources that Donovan turned the job down. Next guy: offer him enough money and he’ll take it.

Whatever these people are on I want some. They reach into the cookie jar and get slapped and then forget they were slapped a minute later and reach right back in.

Reaction Score
LOL. No, no, no. I used to hang out with some people from Ashford in high school. They attend E.O. Smith high school just like Storrs and Mansfield residents. The Ashford folks were remarkably cool.
What about Willimantic?

Reaction Score
LOL. No, no, no. I used to hang out with some people from Ashford in high school. They attend E.O. Smith high school just like Storrs and Mansfield residents. The Ashford folks were remarkably cool.
They’re called Ashfordites. They have chains attached to their wallets. which makes no sense since there is never any money in those wallets.

Reaction Score
The chance to win 3 in a row in men's college basketball is virtually 0%, unless you are Dan Hurley. You have to chase 3 in a row because you are the only man alive who can do that.

Plus, you have to wait and see what happens with CR and if there are any changes to UConn's membership or the Big East's membership.

I just don't see any Dan Hurley moving.

The upside is if DH doesn’t do it next year, he will have to start over and try to win another couple in a row to try again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen people that live in Ashford CT. They’re fun to trash.
Worse. I had to work with a couple. One of them was the guy that proclaimed after the Donyell game that "Calhoun sucks. Mark my words, UConn will never do anything with him coaching." I moved along but years later in late April 1999 I found myself next to him at some luncheon. I said, "Hey, UConn won the national championship." He says. "Yeah, no shirt." I say, "You said to mark your words, that UConn would never do anything with him coaching, so I'm here marking your words." You can imagine how it went downhill from there but worth it. How often does one get to chance to mark a sphinchter's words?

Reaction Score
Funny they thought that they would get Hurley, Donovan, Oats or Drew but got Pope (perfectly fine coach).

Reaction Score
Oates is in the middle of a divorce and he’s trying to acquire joint custody of his kids. I’m sure he would need his ex-wife to agree and move as well or give up shared custody if he left
Wow... didn't know that. When he was here in Buffalo his daughter played on my daughter's soccer team (U10-11). He was often seen on the sidelines scrolling through his phone and never saying a word to anyone.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

Reaction Score
It’s a solid hire and I think he can do really well there. The fanbase is going to lose their G-D minds though.
Super embarrassing process for them. They're going to go crazy if it's him, they already had like five threads on BBN where people said they will never watch another game if they hire Pope. Hurley, Wright, Donovan, Drew, Oats, Pearl, Beard...and they end up with Mark Pope.

Reaction Score
This is gonna be unpopular but I'll say it again: can we please try to leave the people who live in Kentucky alone? I don't care what some of their fans said. We are a passionate fan base, just like them. We were on pins and needles waiting for Hurley to decide when it was between us and Pitt. We know their situation as a proud program.
It seems we've got our staff in place again. Better for us to just go about our normal business and not trash another United State and our countrymen. Trash ME instead if you want.
Go Huskies
Nah, Kentucky and their fans deserve every bit of it.

Reaction Score
They are so concerned about it being a big name. Pope is young and a good coach. He also played there so he knows what the fans expect. Only concern for me would be , seems like when an alum returns more times than not it ends badly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom