Official Heckle The Hawks Game Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Official Heckle The Hawks Game Thread

Reaction Score
Our 3 point percentage would’ve been a lot higher if vital just kept driving instead of settling from 3 which he went 0-6!! He hit his free throws n hit all of his 2’s .. you can tell Cobb still hobbled by his ankle, JA was the best player on the court n again clutch! Great defensive effort by Andersen! I’ll take this win

Reaction Score
Cuse sucks too. It is going to be an abomination of a game, 55-52 esque.

I haven't watched a single minute of Cuse basketball before today. Just basing that off of how hard it is for our guys to get decent looks against anyone we've played so far.

Reaction Score
Really worried how this team will handle that stupid Cuse zone. Those Jalen drives won't be there nearly as much and that was about all we had today.

Calhoun was masterful in taking advantage of that zone - hopefully he offers up some of that info to KO, and KO is receptive to it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I were Ollie I would be running Larrier at that foul line spot and to shoot immediately. I have a feeling Ollie won't stress getting his shot off quick from that spot and the result is a bunch of contested brick jobs.

Jalen or Vital will need to be feeling it from 3, no question.

Yeah, I foresee a lot of contested fadeaways from Larrier against Cuse.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if Monmouth ends up winning the MAC and is a tourney team. The Columbia game was inexcusable, this was a gritty win, down one of our best guards whilst playing injured. I refuse to making any rash opinions about this team until we're at least half way through the season.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I foresee a lot of contested fadeaways from Larrier against Cuse.

It's such an easy fix too. Just needs to be drilling Larrier to catch and shoot immediately. Larrier holds the ball too long after he gets it and let's defenders get up on him. Sadly it feels like it takes Ollie way too long to notice details like that.

Reaction Score
Our 3 point percentage would’ve been a lot higher if vital just kept driving instead of settling from 3 which he went 0-6!! He hit his free throws n hit all of his 2’s .. you can tell Cobb still hobbled by his ankle, JA was the best player on the court n again clutch! Great defensive effort by Andersen! I’ll take this win

Don't forget AG is a plus man to man defender as well that should help things once he's back. Also Cobb gave us something in there - boxing and rebounding, he should improve our interior once he's back up to full speed.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was masterful in taking advantage of that zone - hopefully he offers up some of that info to KO, and KO is receptive to it.

Problem is our bigs don't pass back out once the zone collapses. Not like we have the reliable shooting to take advantage of that anyways.

Reaction Score
Ollie isn’t getting fired this year get over it and he shouldn’t get fired this year.
Why uconn is a very mediocre school that is on downward spiral? So we should just hit rock bottom and not be able to get a better coach. KO has this year to prove he can make the tourney or otherwise he is gone.

Reaction Score
Ollie finally acknowledged they aren't playing the best and need to improve. We got two OT wins after being blown out by Arkansas a week ago. The team easily could have folded in the last two OT games and they didn't. Now we are going into MSG, our 2nd home, against Cuse (a rival) on national television. I am hoping Ollie coaches these guys up, finds a way to break down the Zone and has us looking improved over the last two games.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if Monmouth ends up winning the MAC and is a tourney team. The Columbia game was inexcusable, this was a gritty win, down one of our best guards whilst playing injured. I refuse to making any rash opinions about this team until we're at least half way through the season.
Why Gilbert might not be back this year so can't count on him.

Reaction Score
Why uconn is a very mediocre school that is on downward spiral? So we should just hit rock bottom and not be able to get a better coach. KO has this year to prove he can make the tourney or otherwise he is gone.

I literally never alluded to any of those things.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So !! We played Michigan State which is the best team in the country right now , what’s ya point

My point is that says nothing about their talent level.

Reaction Score
This team isn't great now, but at least they look like a team with enough talent to be pretty good by the end of the year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Our 10 best offensive minutes of the season there. Also best offensive start. Silver linings I suppose. At 29-20 we looked like a decent team.

The trouble, it’s the KO signature. Inconsistent within games and from game to game. It’s intensity that comes and goes and no solid offensive design. It’s why we’ll sometimes beat a decent team if the intensity doesn’t fade. It’s why supposedly inferior programs stick with us and sometimes beat us.

Can’t say how I know, but a reasonable source told me something I think is borderline hilarious. That JC is so unhappy with the team play that he’d honestly would consider coming back. If that’s guilt or something I don’t know. Whatever happens with KO, going back to Calhoun would be a really bad idea. If we can’t attract young talent, we are in worse trouble than I think. It’s one thing to recycle Edsall who is 50something, but not a 74 year old. For the record, I’m 72. Still holding out hope this year.

Reaction Score
At least KO sounded like a rational head coach this time in the post-game. Didn't put them away, gotta get better, etc.

Seriously. His comments after Columbia were embarrassing -- sounded like a guy more interested in spin and saving his own job than a sober take on an unacceptable performance.

This was more in tune with reality.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Why Gilbert might not be back this year so can't count on him.
I have to agree with you in a way. WE are trying to lock down a starting line up. Only missing piece is a big. Diarra should be that piece. If this works out, I don;t see Gilbert on the floor as stating off. Think about. Anderson has become a fan favorite, kid doesn't stop until the game is over. Adams is, well he is our guy. Vital his proving his worth the last couple of games more ways than one. Gilbert being one of our best guards isn't registering with me. Maybe something happens later, but now? Nah.

Reaction Score
Taylor Rooks doing some excellent sweater work.
I think we shud be focusing more on Taylor Rooks’ sweater and less on Ollie’s coaching. I was close to the court tonight and I can finally see what all the fuss has been about. Damn!!

Reaction Score
I think we shud be focusing more on Taylor Rooks’ sweater and less on Ollie’s coaching. I was close to the court tonight and I can finally see what all the fuss has been about. Damn!!

SNY clearly doesn't know what they have. She needs way more screen time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom