Official Heckle The Hawks Game Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Official Heckle The Hawks Game Thread

Reaction Score
The Columbia game was an abomination.

This game was against a team with decent players, and UConn playing without its best PG, was not expected to blow these guys out. Seaborn has scored near 20 in big wins against top P5 teams.

Reaction Score
Huge win in that its not a terrible loss. Assuming we figure it out down the line, avoiding losses in these past 2 games is enormous. Now we just need to get to the part about figuring things out...

Really worried how this team will handle that stupid Cuse zone. Those Jalen drives won't be there nearly as much and that was about all we had today.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Huge win in that its not a terrible loss. Assuming we figure it out down the line, avoiding losses in these past 2 games is enormous. Now we just need to get to the part about figuring things out...

EOD we need to get as many wins as possible on this side of the schedule, as these guys are so green playing together.

There's an opportunity for this team to gel later in the year, provided the season hasn't been sunk. You can see it over stretches here and there.

Reaction Score
Seahorn was on fire...

Notice a pattern yet coach? How many games in a row has a player torched Uconn? At least this time they kept him quiet for 15 minutes.
All credit goes to Anderson.

Reaction Score
The Columbia game was an abomination.

This game was against a team with decent players, and UConn playing without its best PG, was not expected to blow these guys out. Seaborn has scored near 20 in big wins against top P5 teams.

The spread was still 8.5 which suggests a somewhat comfortable win.

Reaction Score

The spread was wrong. I knew that going into the game. Someone commented here that they took Monmouth for easy money. While I've never bet against UConn, I definitely didn't disagree with his assessment.

Reaction Score
If KO can't teach his players how to stop mid major players from getting lay up after lay up, then he needs to go coach at a mid major.

We are not a mid major.....yet.

Reaction Score
Ya, he did sound more critical. I would even say Uconn or any high major team is allowed one close game against an inferior team every once in a while, hence his comments last time. But twice? No, just no.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Really worried how this team will handle that stupid Cuse zone. Those Jalen drives won't be there nearly as much and that was about all we had today.

Gotta hope our streaky arse shooting is on. Jalen, Vitale, and Larrier bombing at the same time...Not holding out for it.

KO gotta put Larrier/Cobb at the foul line of that zone. Larrier to shoot, Cobb to pass. Mix it up.

Reaction Score
Our 10 best offensive minutes of the season there. Also best offensive start. Silver linings I suppose. At 29-20 we looked like a decent team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I think we had two stretches over about 7 minutes where we didn't have a bucket. That'll do it.

Reaction Score
Gotta hope our streaky arse shooting is on. Jalen, Vitale, and Larrier bombing at the same time...Not holding out for it.

KO gotta put Larrier/Cobb at the foul line of that zone. Larrier to shoot, Cobb to pass. Mix it up.

If I were Ollie I would be running Larrier at that foul line spot and to shoot immediately. I have a feeling Ollie won't stress getting his shot off quick from that spot and the result is a bunch of contested brick jobs.

Jalen or Vital will need to be feeling it from 3, no question.

Reaction Score
I think we had two stretches over about 7 minutes where we didn't have a bucket. That'll do it.

Sure but I'm just talking about the "expected game result". Though any serious UConn fan could have seen that spread and say that's too high.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
this game wasn't nearly as bad as the Columbia and Stony Brook games. I do wish someone on the bench would force Ollie to take timeouts during opponents runs, though. happens way too often

Takes them way too late. King Rice showed how it's done on one of our early runs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom