Official Columbia Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official Columbia Game Thread

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Other than some nice Vital 3s he is the only positive of this first half and probably 1 of only 2 or 3 uconn players giving any effort.
Vital has to Play. Enough of a great 6th man off the bench. If you start him, he may set the tone? Just a thought.

Reaction Score
If KO loses this game and we keep going downhill I'm sure he has a chance of being fired mid-season. He is an embarrassment to the program right now. Ever since his divorce his energy seems to be lost. Maybe just a coincidence but I can't believe how his energy isn't there anymore.

Reaction Score
Ollie has destroyed any semblance of UCONN basketball. We look like garbage against every team. Jalen Adams has gone from a very good player to a guy who is out of shape, consistently getting banged up in-game, and playing without a care in the world.

Send Kevin Ollie on his way home, and call Jim Calhoun to take over for the rest of the year. During this time, AD Dave Benedict should lead a search nationally for the right candidate to take over the program.

A national search? Good one. UConn is in the AAC and not very attractive. The coaching candidates will be limited. Think coaches from America East.

Reaction Score
We are being out hustled down the court by Columbia which is very emabarrassing.
It's not even hustle. It is a team that knows what they are suppose to do. Versus a team that doesn't. Still we should win just on talent.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Is anyone going to go to the nova game? That will be a blood bath with this current team...

Reaction Score
A national search? Good one. UConn is in the AAC and not very attractive. The coaching candidates will be limited. Think coaches from America East.

And this is why this discussion goes no where each time....

Reaction Score
It's not even hustle. It is a team that knows what they are suppose to do. Versus a team that doesn't. Still we should win just on talent.
Hustle is very important when you aren't talented like this UCONN team.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I have serious doubts we come back in this game...just so sad to be down 11 to Columbia at half. Even if we do it's meaningless with 24 games left against (mostly) much better teams.
The only good sign is looks like Columbias 3 point barrage is slowing down.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing Ollie needs to go. Here's the scary party folks... Ollie is not getting fired and I highly doubt he will walk on his own. He's going no where anytime soon. Buckle in

Reaction Score
If KO loses this game and we keep going downhill I'm sure he has a chance of being fired mid-season. He is an embarrassment to the program right now. Ever since his divorce his energy seems to be lost. Maybe just a coincidence but I can't believe how his energy isn't there anymore.
I believe it’s the divorce and also distancing himself from Calhoun. Jim was around the program often, went to the games and practices. Ollie would take advice from Jim. He wins the NC and starts getting NBA offers and things change. Jim says , I’ll coach somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing Ollie needs to go. Here's the scary party folks... Ollie is not getting fired and I highly doubt he will walk on his own. He's going no where anytime soon. Buckle in
Trust me if we only win a few more games by the time February comes rolling around he will be fired. Our AD and president aren't that stupid and I know KO doesn't want to embarrass the school anymore. This job is above his level and I'm sure he is finding this out fast. He can't live off JC's coattail anymore as those players are long gone.

Reaction Score

Paging King Rice and Will Brown come on down

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout

Jalen Adams has come out with his teammates but he's riding a stationary bike, not in layup lines with the other Huskies.

I really don't think Ollie has gotten the credit for recruiting arguably the least durable team in the country. We can't even get our players to December.

Reaction Score
How does a coac

I believe it’s the divorce and also distancing himself from Calhoun. Jim was around the program often, went to the games and practices. Ollie would take advice from Jim. He wins the NC and starts getting NBA offers and things change. Jim says , I’ll coach somewhere else.
Good point about distancing from Jim. Is there any evidence though that there relationship has fallen apart? Just curious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom