Official Columbia Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official Columbia Game Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Diarra goes from DNP to best player

Diarra was open with good position several times before he ever got the ball. Guards wouldn’t even look at him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Hey, at least they got a stop on the last possession.

Other than Vital, it almost looks like the rest of the team is trying to get Ollie fired.

Reaction Score
Ollie has destroyed any semblance of UCONN basketball. We look like garbage against every team. Jalen Adams has gone from a very good player to a guy who is out of shape, consistently getting banged up in-game, and playing without a care in the world.

Send Kevin Ollie on his way home, and call Jim Calhoun to take over for the rest of the year. During this time, AD Dave Benedict should lead a search nationally for the right candidate to take over the program.

Reaction Score
Diarra was open with good position several times before he ever got the ball. Guards wouldn’t even look at him.
Need to play Diarra. DO gives us next to nothing.

Reaction Score
Diarra needs to play. He needs the experience and time on the floor. He's a baller.
Yes and because Ollie is an a he sat him for games. Now Diarra will be the first transfer out and we won’t get his brother to come here either. Ollie gotta go!!

Reaction Score
Thankfully Vital can make threes against low-level D1 teams...

Reaction Score
What is Ollie seeing that would even make him think he’s an option?? Ollie not a clue, Diarra been on bench and he’s our best player!!
Yeah, Williams should never see the court again. I don't care if he jump 10 feet he sucks playing basketball.

Reaction Score
MD was the best player in the half and Ollie benched him right after he drew an offensive foul?

They just showed Ollie as he went back to the locker room at half and he was high fiving a player. I would be livid at the performance of my team being down 11 to Columbia - at home, after that blowout to Arkansas.

He has no fire, not tenacity, doesn't care. His players show the same effort he shows, which is nothing.

They either lose this game or they come back in the 2nd half and win, and the players get comfortable and come out lackluster the next time on the floor. Either scenario is a bad outcome.

Pathetic.

Reaction Score
Kwintin Williams is a practice player. He should not play in games.
He ain't the problem. If the other guys did their job he could get on the job training with no notice.

This offense is a joke.

Reaction Score
If anyone wants to know what a team that's quit on its coach looks like, here you go.

I don’t think it’s about quitting on him or lack of effort. This is happening way too many times. There are so many fundamental problems with this team it’s scary. We look clueless on both ends of the court, inconsistent with FTs, can’t shoot 3s, can’t defend 3s. What the heck do they do in practice? Do they ever draw up any plays, or just wing it every time down?

I’ve been a big supporter of KO since Calhoun retired, but so much of this is on him. You can’t hide it anymore.

Reaction Score
He ain't the problem. If the other guys did their job he could get on the job training with no notice.

This offense is a joke.
He isn't the main problem but he brings nothing to the court right now. Looks lost out there and out of position and I really haven't seen this great leaping ability he is suppose to have in game for sure.

Reaction Score
Feel sorry for the kids on this team that picked UCONN to play basketball at.....they don't deserve this level of coaching....Are they allowed to transfer after the first semester. Jalen Adams should just go to Europe and try to develop his game there. Why waste time at UCONN??? What's the point??

Reaction Score
MD was the best player in the half and Ollie benched him right after he drew an offensive foul?

They just showed Ollie as he went back to the locker room at half and he was high fiving a player. I would be livid at the performance of my team being down 11 to Columbia - at home, after that blowout to Arkansas.

He has no fire, not tenacity, doesn't care. His players show the same effort he shows, which is nothing.

They either lose this game or they come back in the 2nd half and win, and the players get comfortable and come out lackluster the next time on the floor. Either scenario is a bad outcome.

Pathetic.
Jim Calhoun would be throwing chairs in the locker room and swearing up a storm...God I miss those days...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom