Offbeat Holiday Movies | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Offbeat Holiday Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We just watched Funny Farm (Chevy Chase) with our daughter and she loved it. It's Christmas-y, that's for sure.

Are you looking for something for you or kids?

Ya gotta clip em off way up high!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I just watched the first 15 min, and last five minutes of "Godmothered." You might want to cut a few minutes off the front end, but it's worth watching.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So someone mentioned Fatman. I watched it last night. This is pretty dark for a Christmas movie about Santa Claus but I quite enjoyed it. Not sure anybody but Mel Gibson can pull this off. Definitely a unique take on Santa that fits nicely in 2020. The relationship with Mrs. Claus is very well done, quite genuine. Great line “You think I got this job by being jolly and fat?”.

Side note. On the off chance that any of you read the book series The Dresden Files, without saying it except in the most subtle ways, Cris Cringle appears to possibly be the same being here as in Dresden Files.

Reaction Score
Preachers Wife, Best Man Holiday, The Ref, Joyeux Noel, Let It Snow, Anna and the Apocalypse, The Man Who Invented Christmas

Still watching some offbeat Christmas movies that I haven't seen yet, so I'll report back on any good ones

Reaction Score
Not sure I saw...Home Alone. But the best of them all is A Christmas Story. How has that not been mentioned?
because they arent offbeat or sleepers or xmas adjacent theyre in the same cateogry as the Grinch i.e. in the top 5 most popular xmas movies ever
Has Christmas Vacation not been mentioned?!
see above...

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
because they arent offbeat or sleepers or xmas adjacent theyre in the same cateogry as the Grinch i.e. in the top 5 most popular xmas movies ever

see above...
So, no?

Reaction Score
Christmas Vacation wins going away... by the length of an oversized urinal

Reaction Score
A Midnight Clear
7359D9DE-7EC4-4095-BF66-822A7F829BC1.jpeg

Reaction Score
"Millions" from Danny Boyle. Young British boy who spends his days talking to saints finds a bag of stolen cash and has to decide what to do with it. Qualifies as offbeat I think.

Reaction Score
I had a big thing for Amy smart.

I even really like that role for her as the girl next door type.

But it was made out to be hilarious. And besides the Christmas lights destruction scene it really wasn’t imo.
She was in an hilarious movie: “Outside Providence”

Reaction Score
Preachers Wife, Best Man Holiday, The Ref, Joyeux Noel, Let It Snow, Anna and the Apocalypse, The Man Who Invented Christmas

Still watching some offbeat Christmas movies that I haven't seen yet, so I'll report back on any good ones

Just watched Happiest Season on Hulu, it was pretty good.

Klaus on Netflix is Really good, probably one of the best recent Christmas movies.

Reaction Score
Trapped in Paradise for when we’re all craving that Nicholas Cage fix.

Came to post this one.

Scrooged is my personal favorite, but I'm assuming that's one of the regulars OP is talking about.

Even though it's Thanksgiving and not Christmas, Dutch is a great holiday season movie.

Reaction Score
Miracle on 34th Street
Four Christmases. I know it's not highly rated but some good comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom