Of 3 to See, who has highest potential? | The Boneyard

Of 3 to See, who has highest potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am sick of seeing the "3 to see". And while I believe 1 isnt worthy of being on the list (yes, as a UCONN diehard I am biased. but even if I rooted for another team I would choose to believe Id have the same thought) who do you guys/girls believe will do the best in years to come? Personally, I think BG, as dominant as she is, will not make anywhere near the impact in the WNBA as she does in the NCAA. Shell have her name shine because she can dunk at ease, but posts are on avg taller and MUCH stronger in the pros and im not sure she can handle that day in day out. EDD is a star but health is a big issue. Its evident it has impacted her stamina and if she stays healthy she will have a huge career. Her skills are undeniable. where as Griner's skill relies on the size difference i believe.

I think most of us can agree on the 3rd. Good true PG in a league where the position is basically nonexistant. Twitter might get her an allstar appearance but I doubt her numbers will

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Griner will be great - she has already played against a number of the best centers in the WNBA and while it is a step up and she will not have the 'easy games' that make up half of a college schedule she is still going to be a force.
EDD - her obvious comparable is Lauren Jackson - she is probably a better pure shooter than Jackson, but has nowhere near the experience at comparable age. My question with her is will she have the fire and defensive ability that Jackson brings. It is hard to judge because she has spent her whole HS and college career as THE indispensable player on her team. If she only needs to be on the floor for 50% of the game can she up the work-rate during that time? She should be good - will she be great.
SD - she is a very good player. Will she have Birds long term impact? Maybe. Hard to say. She has a clutch game that should translate to the WNBA.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Delle Donne is one of the toughest and finest talents to come to the WNBA
For some WNBA teams she would be the first choice, will impact the league as much as Griner.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
BG is still improving and has more upside. The WNBA is loaded with high quality forwards who will defend EDD quite well. BG will be even better in the WNBA because she will be going one on one in the post.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Delle Donne is one of the toughest and finest talents to come to the WNBA
For some WNBA teams she would be the first choice, will impact the league as much as Griner.

Not one team would take EDD over Griner....NONE. No disrespect to EDD but BG will go down as the greatest player in history by the time she is done.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am sick of seeing the "3 to see". And while I believe 1 isnt worthy of being on the list (yes, as a UCONN diehard I am biased. but even if I rooted for another team I would choose to believe Id have the same thought) who do you guys/girls believe will do the best in years to come? Personally, I think BG, as dominant as she is, will not make anywhere near the impact in the WNBA as she does in the NCAA. Shell have her name shine because she can dunk at ease, but posts are on avg taller and MUCH stronger in the pros and im not sure she can handle that day in day out. EDD is a star but health is a big issue. Its evident it has impacted her stamina and if she stays healthy she will have a huge career. Her skills are undeniable. where as Griner's skill relies on the size difference i believe.

I think most of us can agree on the 3rd. Good true PG in a league where the position is basically nonexistant. Twitter might get her an allstar appearance but I doubt her numbers will
BG is the most dominant player in college basketball. She's going to be real tough in the pro's. Della Donne to me looks slow, out of shape, and fragile, physically and mentally. I'd be concerned about drafting her. Skylar will be a great pro, but not as dominant as Griner.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Della Donne to me looks slow, out of shape, and fragile, physically and mentally. I'd be concerned

You see her tonight, you really think so?

Reaction Score
When I think of the three to see, I mainly remember that UConn is the only team in the dance that has any hope of delivering the coup de grace to their senior seasons.

Then the most important three I see, the one with the most amazing potential, is the rainbow jumper coming off the fingertips of Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting question.

After I thought I about for some time I would have to say Griner. She has gotten better with each season and I think the WNBA will toughen her up because I think the WNBA centers will be very physical with her.

EDD, should be good. Personally I think it depends on where she ends up. Chicago or Tulsa. IMO I think EDD is a higher draft pick then Diggins, but......

due to proximity of South Bend to Chicago and the following Diggins has, Chicago may well pick her over EDD. With that said, does EDD get homesick again in Tulsa and just give up on the sport again??

Should be an interesting draft day. Also does Bone come out this year???

If so she will be a first round pick and likely #4 behind those three.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
3 dunks? WOW....

33 points on 15-22 shooting, 22 rebounds with 3 dunks. The FSU coach seemed quite miffed and barely touched Mulkey's hand when Mulkey went to shake hands.

It was BG's last game at home and she went out in style. I think Mulkey is letting BG go for the NCAA scoring record.

Reaction Score
I don't agree...BG has improved every year and I don't see her slowing down at all.
We will remember, you said that. :) I think Griner will find it a lot tougher going up against WNBA players... We won't have long to wait....

Reaction Score
33 points on 15-22 shooting, 22 rebounds with 3 dunks. The FSU coach seemed quite miffed and barely touched Mulkey's hand when Mulkey went to shake hands.

It was BG's last game at home and she went out in style. I think Mulkey is letting BG go for the NCAA scoring record.
Mulkey is a show boat. Why would she let starters play all those minutes in a blow out. Griner 38 mins.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mulkey is a show boat. Why would she let starters play all those minutes in a blow out. Griner 38 mins.

For the record it was 34 minutes, not 38. Hartley played 32 minutes in a 68 point blowout, and I have no problem with that. It's tourney time and time for the starters to do their thing. However, Baylor had 8 players who logged 12 minutes or more.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
missing Hartley due to injury has less impact than missing BG... thats my only concern. As for BG scoring 80 points with 9 dunks, go head and enjoy

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
An injury could happen in the first 5 minutes of the game. She may very well need to play 40 minutes in each game going forward. The risk is always there.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
BG is the most dominant player in college basketball. She's going to be real tough in the pro's. Della Donne to me looks slow, out of shape, and fragile, physically and mentally.
I love sarcasm. Oh, wait, you were serious. Now that is funny.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
An injury could happen in the first 5 minutes of the game. She may very well need to play 40 minutes in each game going forward. The risk is always there.
but it would be more understandable in the first 5 compared to the last 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99