Odell to Cleveland | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Odell to Cleveland

Reaction Score
The Giants are in rebuild and Odell might have struggled with it. It still is going to come back to how well did Gettleman replace Eli when all is said and done. Could be a tough couple more years. I wish Dorsey had replaced Reese.

Reaction Score
I could have been okay with this in a vacuum. But not while considering Gettlemen's body of work. No way any sane fan can trust this clown..
then fire gettleman too.

I dont care. But to think that OBJ wasnt a problem and hat this was just a FB trade ignores the fact that this wasnt a FB trade.

After what steelers went through with brown and bell, i am totally down on uber talented headcases. Pats win because Brady is grounded.

Reaction Score
This is high comedy. I basically don’t care about football or the Giants either.

Here's how I look at it...as the Jints have sukked the last couple years, have watched less and less NFL (casual-weather fan). What this trade does is, possibly make the Browns interesting enough for drifting/casual fan like me to watch some of their games.

Reaction Score
Browns team is going to be pretty interesting next year both on and off the field : Mayfield , ODB, Landry , chubb and Kareem hunt? wow

Reaction Score
Of course without Odell, the defense can pay more attention to the other receivers. So much of this must be about off field distractions, injuries and cap space. I believe his deal was for $95 million, if I correctly recall.
Is it worth added empty seats to an already low turnout? He kept meat in the seats. This shortens Saquons life span as well as he is the only real threat. Shepherd is good but not gonna take eyes off of quon.

Reaction Score
You don’t need a $16M diva WR to win in nfl. OBJ for whatever reason had a problem being here. He’s a great talent but go watch him drop balls in his one playoff game vs GB. He can marry a kicking net in clelevend and most likely ruin a young qb.

Look at the teams that took Collins and OBJ. They normally make the wrong moves.
As well as the ones that drafted them and let them go for a jaunty tune.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Awful day for giants fans everywhere crushing absolutely painful! I can only hope that a future plan is in place right now things look very bleak.

Feel bad for this dude. When he started that BY account, he was all in on the Giants this coming year...and just got his heart ripped out.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
After what steelers went through with brown and bell, i am totally down on uber talented headcases. Pats win because Brady is grounded.

A lot of the Steelers vs AB thing was simply poor management. From the top down. Nobody handled that situation well, and by that I mean over a period of years.

I'm thinking the Giants could have done better with OBJ, but I don't know the specifics.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Here's how I look at it...as the Jints have sukked the last couple years, have watched less and less NFL (casual-weather fan). What this trade does is, possibly make the Browns interesting enough for drifting/casual fan like me to watch some of their games.

I watched them all of last year, because I've a drinking buddy from there. They've definitely got something. This is still one of the quicker turnarounds I've ever seen. Curious to see how the team plays under the new staff.

Reaction Score
They just clear a ton of cap space, I think. They are loading up on draft picks, so their future will be based on drafting and who they replace Eli with and how quickly?
This all means Eli has 2 seasons max left.
I hope he only plays 1 more year. I was never a fan of him even though he got 2 tings

Reaction Score
Of course without Odell, the defense can pay more attention to Barkley
FTFY. Shepard or anyone else that the Giants have on the roster aren't going to command a double team like OBJ did.

Barkley is going to go against 8 man fronts the entire season unless someone emerges and Eli improves.

Reaction Score
Crazy how some of you are saying we “never win” if we have Odell. I think the main problem was/is our aging, incompetent QB and our makeshift O-Line. Well, for all the Eli forgivers, the line is okay/good now, so we’ll see how he does. I’ll tell you one thing though, OBJ’s ability extended Eli’s career with the Giants probably 3 seasons. But yeah, Odell was the problem.

Reaction Score
Crazy how some of you are saying we “never win” if we have Odell. I think the main problem was/is our aging, incompetent QB and our makeshift O-Line. Well, for all the Eli forgivers, the line is okay/good now, so we’ll see how he does. I’ll tell you one thing though, OBJ’s ability extended Eli’s career with the Giants probably 3 seasons. But yeah, Odell was the problem.

Reaction Score
Odell Is maybe fragile, maybe they didn’t want his drama anymore and now he gets the bright lights of Cleveland.

Reaction Score
Wait. What are New York sports vs Boston sports since Calhoun retired?

Reaction Score
Since lebron came back the Indians went to a World Series and deep playoff run. And the Browns are gonna win super bowl. He should run for president. Because even with the rock and roll hall of Fame Cleveland was never meant to be cool.

Reaction Score
then fire gettleman too.

I dont care. But to think that OBJ wasnt a problem and hat this was just a FB trade ignores the fact that this wasnt a FB trade.

The only problem is that the Giants couldn't get him the ball. He will absolutely light the league up next season. Giants are a clown show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom