October UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

October UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards MVP of the weekend's tournament held in Ontario. Full results in the link below.

It’s my understanding that Crestwood Prep 1st team all-tournament Shayeann Day-Wilson is a super quick and talented 5’5” pg who dreams of attending UConn. Alas, I doubt UConn will be in the market for another pg one year after bringing in Paige & Nika.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It’s my understanding that Crestwood Prep 1st team all-tournament Shayeann Day-Wilson is a super quick and talented 5’5” pg who dreams of attending UConn. Alas, I doubt UConn will be in the market for another pg one year after bringing in Paige & Nika.

I hope Geno starts adding to his recruiting efforts by trying to push some kids to the NBE. ;)

Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
^ 35 schools and UConn isn't one of them.

Guessing that if UConn was a dream school of hers, then her team may have made some discreet overtures and unlike most programs that may not be so direct and keep recruits dangling on the line , UConn probably closed the door quickly. Just a scenario. No facts behind it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just for the record, there was an article in the Globe and Mail from June 2017 that discussed the rise to basketball prominence of Crestwood Prep. In that article Day-Wilson was referenced as a 13 year old that had received interest from hundreds of schools and “dreamed of playing at UConn.”

Reaction Score
We should get her and Jaelyn Bates and start a 5'6" and under league.
Uconn has had many many players that DREAMED of playing for UConn and when they arrived they were not really Uconn talented players. Dreams evaporate for all of us. But my Dream of playing center for UConn in my Youth evaporated when I arrived on Campus and looked up at REAL centers. So, the 5-6 and under if we raised the numbers a bit appeals to me.

Reaction Score
Lattimore and Day-Wilson both posted ridiculously long lists of "interested" teams, I am really happy that Edwards decided not to join in this marketing charade by Crestwood Prep!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lattimore and Day-Wilson both posted ridiculously long lists of "interested" teams, I am really happy that Edwards decided not to join in this marketing charade by Crestwood Prep!

I doubt that was Crestwood's doing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I doubt that was Crestwood's doing.
I don’t know. The guy who’s built Crestwood’s b-ball program in a very short period of time is Rio Russell who has a bit of a questionable past promoting basketball factories in places like N.C. and now Can. He’s been given a budget to bring in top players on scholarship, win championships and develop the players into college level talent. I would not be surprised if he has something to do with the marketing efforts on behalf of Lattimore & Day-Wilson.

Reaction Score
But they’re the ones making the choice to post them. No one is forcing them to do so.

Crestwood was very active with Aaliyah’s announcement ceremony, so perhaps they do make a push for the extra attention, but just like Aaliyah made the choice to have the long announcement ceremony, Lattimore and Day-Wilson have chosen to be very public with their offers, interests, visits, etc.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't get the "charade" part of that. Crestwood is marketing two of it's players by demonstrating that several prominent DI programs are interested in two of its players. The end result is that these players will get DI scholarships and other talented players like Aaliyah might be inspired to attend Crestwood. What's the down side? Frankly I wish every HS was out there marketing their DI prospects as well as Crestwood is doing. BTW I don't think Crestwood could have done a better job of "marketing" than the announcement it arranged for Aaliyah.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't think ESPN is ever going to list Edwards as committing to UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A new compilation of highlights from Crestwood's tourney win last weekend. This tweet states that Shayann Day-Wilson won the MVP which conflicts with the info from the guy who runs the tourney but, either way, a bunch of new Aaliyah Edwards clips to enjoy.

Layup at :16
Jumps the passing lane for a breakaway at :20
Deep step-back jumper at :28
Floater and a foul at :36
Reverse layup at :57

Reaction Score
I don't think ESPN is ever going to list Edwards as committing to UConn.
Unlike ESPN. They have also not updated commitments for Gabrielle Elliott, Alexis Whitfield, Sakima Walker, or Kaitlyn Chen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom