October UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

October UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ok, is anyone concerned that Azzi is wearing a Columbia sweatshirt? OMG, she may just go to the Ivy League! Her former point guard is there. ;) Oh, wait, UConn will also have a point guard with whom Azzi is familiar.

Nice autumn road trip for Azzi and her family--visit legendary Geno and CD at the Dairy Bar and then stop to see former teammate Carly Rivera (whom Tim coached) in New York. If you look at Tim's IG account, you can see that Azzi and Carly have been friends for a long time, way before Azzi got to St. Johns.

It's interesting that there are no public posts of Azzi at UConn. Is that good news or bad news? I think the family is just being discreet. I've posted this before, but, from chatting with Coach Scribner's mother and observing Azzi after games, she is a total sweetheart of a kid. Everyone loves her. She reminds me of the great Maya Moore in that and other ways.
Roar Lion Roar
And wake the echoes of the Hudson Valley
Fight on for Victory evermore
While the sons of Knickerbocker rally round
Columbia! Columbia!
Shouting her name forever
Roar Lion Roar
For Alma Mater on the Hudson shore

While my Alma Mater has about a 1 in a million chance of getting Azzi Fudd, I thought everyone on the BY should familiarize themselves with the Columbia fight song in case the world as we know it comes to an end, and Azzi ends up playing basketball on Morningside Heights in Manhattan.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Roar Lion Roar
Columbia! Columbia!
Roar Lion Roar

While my Alma Mater has about a 1 in a million chance of getting Azzi Fudd, I thought everyone on the BY should familiarize themselves with the Columbia fight song in case the world as we know it comes to an end, and Azzi ends up playing basketball on Morningside Heights in Manhattan.

I'll have to cut, paste and print this out for my wife and eldest daughter, both of whom hold Columbia graduate degrees.
(Then, there's the "other" side of the family that went to the school with the golden dome. ;) )

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll have to cut, paste and print this out for my wife and eldest daughter, both of whom hold Columbia graduate degrees.
(Then, there's the "other" side of the family that went to the school with the golden dome. ;) )
My son went to Rice and Columbia. His wife went to Rice and Stanford.

JS

Reaction Score

1571063936005.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The narrative on Mir says that she may be the best rebounder in the class--better than Brink, Cardosa, or Gusters. She combines explosiveness, timing, and determination. Reminds me of Kalana Greene. I'll go watch her in December.

Reaction Score
The narrative on Mir says that she may be the best rebounder in the class--better than Brink, Cardosa, or Gusters. She combines explosiveness, timing, and determination. Reminds me of Kalana Greene. I'll go watch her in December.
I think she can be an Ariel Howard 2.0 with the motor and work ethic. Far ahead of Anriel at this stage though, which is scary.

Reaction Score
Whole bunch of BS to stand by the BS rankings: ELITE 150 Mailbag: 2020 Edition | Prospects Nation

"How close is the battle for No. 1?

It’s close enough to warrant a discussion to me. Paige Bueckers checks all the boxes I’d want in a lead guard. She’s actually in Qatar as I type trying to win another gold medal with USA Basketball in 3 on 3 playing alongside WNBA rising stars Napheesa Collier and Jackie Young.

In the backcourt, I feel that both Sarah Andrews or Hailey Van Lith could help me win a major game now or in 2-3 years in the NCAA Tourney by having one of those special nights. Think Chloe Jackson, Kristi Toliver. Both Andrews and Van Lith have the moxy to pull that off. Van Lith was the real deal in Seattle last summer while I ran into Andrews on Saturday watching basketball at a JUCO event in Dallas. She’s a gym rat to the max.

Frontcourt wise, Cameron Brink and Kamilla Cordosa have made cases to be in the discussion too. They’re very different in style of play as Brink loves to grab the ball off the rim and go. She’s a willing midrange shooter and does a lot of her offensive damage facing the rim attacking. Cordosa has much more of a back-to-basket vibe like Liz Cambage. She’s got a chance to be an impactful player in the post for years to come."

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
As a person who grew up in West Lafayette, I DO NOT hold that against you.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As a person who grew up in West Lafayette, I DO NOT hold that against you.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, thanks. Always enjoyed my trips to Purdue when I was an undergrad at ND (once to watch a football game, twice to play Club Lacrosse).

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well, thanks. Always enjoyed my trips to Purdue when I was an undergrad at ND (once to watch a football game, twice to play Club Lacrosse).
I worked at Bruno's Swiss Inn on leave and always hated the Purdue vs Norte Dame games at Ross Aide stadium. Half of the clientele were always mad because someone lost. I'm pissed off that they stopped the in State series. Up until ND decided to end Purdue had the most wins against the Golden Domers.Head bang

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Roar Lion Roar
Columbia! Columbia!
Roar Lion Roar

I chose NYU over Columbia for grad school, but I wouldn't be overly sad at the thought. I could see the young lady play every game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
PN updated and expanded to 150: 2020 Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

Mir up to #11
Piath to #41

Mclean was on the move this summer at PN even before committing. Gabriel reportedly had a big summer too which lead to the increase in interest from major schools including UConn. Curious if those rankings reflect purely that or if the supposed UConn effect is in play there too.

Odd to me that PN has not put out a 2022 list yet.

Reaction Score
Roar Lion Roar
Columbia! Columbia!
Roar Lion Roar

I'm giving you a like for this post for no other reason than you found a way to work your school fight song into this thread!

Reaction Score
Whole bunch of BS to stand by the BS rankings: ELITE 150 Mailbag: 2020 Edition | Prospects Nation

"How close is the battle for No. 1?

It’s close enough to warrant a discussion to me. Paige Bueckers checks all the boxes I’d want in a lead guard. She’s actually in Qatar as I type trying to win another gold medal with USA Basketball in 3 on 3 playing alongside WNBA rising stars Napheesa Collier and Jackie Young.

In the backcourt, I feel that both Sarah Andrews or Hailey Van Lith could help me win a major game now or in 2-3 years in the NCAA Tourney by having one of those special nights. Think Chloe Jackson, Kristi Toliver. Both Andrews and Van Lith have the moxy to pull that off. Van Lith was the real deal in Seattle last summer while I ran into Andrews on Saturday watching basketball at a JUCO event in Dallas. She’s a gym rat to the max.

Frontcourt wise, Cameron Brink and Kamilla Cordosa have made cases to be in the discussion too. They’re very different in style of play as Brink loves to grab the ball off the rim and go. She’s a willing midrange shooter and does a lot of her offensive damage facing the rim attacking. Cordosa has much more of a back-to-basket vibe like Liz Cambage. She’s got a chance to be an impactful player in the post for years to come."
He lost all credibility with me when he brought Brink into the equation. She's not even close.

Reaction Score
All I know about Edwards is a few videos where her hair makes her easy to spot and that she has a UConn offer. I don't remember any interview or quote and I don't remember reading about any visits. I am not crazy about a 5 player class but Edwards is too promising to pass on. Bueckers for sure and perhaps even Muhl will be advanced enough to keep practices moving like Geno likes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom