October UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

October UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why? I didn’t see any criticism when South Carolina signed the number one recruiting class this year, or what Stanford has done.
[/QUOT

Man...u must know about the haters

Reaction Score
If Azzi goes to UConn u may see a whole back lash from other schools

Someone else asked I think, but hopefully you’ll say why?

I think most schools aren’t even recruiting Fudd because coaches think she’ll end up a Husky. Media and forums insinuate this too. Paige and Azzi are very talented to be sure but they are far from enough to seal future championships. Not too mention Azzi’s serious knee injury and how that could affect her.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Azzi attending First Night, but she’s on campus today. Geno and CD are talking to her and family in the Dairy Bar (I even googled her family to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me!). Everyone seems happy to me.
Surprised Azzi and family didn’t want to visit on a weekend with a home football game to attend :eek: Isn’t that what a lot of programs do when recruits come for a visit ? For a player like Azzi with big-time basketball aspirations I like our chances with Geno, Chris and the Dairy Bar.

Reaction Score
Someone else asked I think, but hopefully you’ll say why?

I think most schools aren’t even recruiting Fudd because coaches think she’ll end up a Husky. Media and forums insinuate this too. Paige and Azzi are very talented to be sure but they are far from enough to seal future championships. Not too mention Azzi’s serious knee injury and how that could affect her.

Pretty sure most schools are recruiting her

Reaction Score
Surprised Azzi and family didn’t want to visit on a weekend with a home football game to attend :eek: Isn’t that what a lot of programs do when recruits come for a visit ? For a player like Azzi with big-time basketball aspirations I like our chances with Geno, Chris and the Dairy Bar.
UConn has a football team?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure most schools are recruiting her

Most schools are not. This would be the result of schools thinking they do not have a chance. This is not uncommon for the highest level players. Especially ones that have an obviously good relationship with a powerhouse recruiting program like UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Can someone identify the schools Edwards is considering? Is she expected to sign during the early signing period?

Reaction Score
Can someone identify the schools Edwards is considering? Is she expected to sign during the early signing period?
When it comes to recruiting news regarding Edwards, mum is the word. There is not much known information regarding her list of finalists, visits, timeline, etc. Sluconn might jump in here, he seems to know the most about Edwards.

Reaction Score
Most schools are not. This would be the result of schools thinking they do not have a chance. This is not uncommon for the highest level players. Especially ones that have an obviously good relationship with a powerhouse recruiting program like UConn.

Despite her apparent good relationship with Geno all Fudd has to do to send this board into a seizure is to post a photo of her at a Notre Dame game wearing an Irish sweatshirt. I remember the apoplexy when Bueckers did it. :eek:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Despite her apparent good relationship with Geno all Fudd has to do to send this board into a seizure is to post a photo of her at a Notre Dame game wearing an Irish sweatshirt. I remember the apoplexy when Bueckers did it. :eek:
Even though we lost her to Stanford, I was impressed that Haley Jones resisted the push to wear a ND jersey when she visited South Bend.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I fail to see the purpose of continuing to denigrate the football team..It is what it is.....
I can think of few comments more damning than, “It is what it is.....,” with regard to the football team. :(

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with you, but such statements can open up an incredibly contentious can of worms around here.
There just doesn’t appear to be a fan base to support a division one football program. What top program is going to come to ct and play in front of 30,000-35000 fans? In addition what 5 or 4 star athlete wants to play for uconn? Football is a huge money maker for the big ten, sec, etc. but not for our program. I say cut our losses and move on. No major conference is going to extend an invitation to UConn to join with the deficits our football has ( small stadium, lack of top talent etc)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi stopped to see a former SJC teammate on the way home:

Ok, is anyone concerned that Azzi is wearing a Columbia sweatshirt? OMG, she may just go to the Ivy League! Her former point guard is there. ;) Oh, wait, UConn will also have a point guard with whom Azzi is familiar.

Nice autumn road trip for Azzi and her family--visit legendary Geno and CD at the Dairy Bar and then stop to see former teammate Carly Rivera (whom Tim coached) in New York. If you look at Tim's IG account, you can see that Azzi and Carly have been friends for a long time, way before Azzi got to St. Johns.

It's interesting that there are no public posts of Azzi at UConn. Is that good news or bad news? I think the family is just being discreet. I've posted this before, but, from chatting with Coach Scribner's mother and observing Azzi after games, she is a total sweetheart of a kid. Everyone loves her. She reminds me of the great Maya Moore in that and other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom