October Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
In the BioMetal national game she looked a lot like Aaliyah did when she was a senior and played in that game. She runs the court, drives the lane, passes like a guard hits the perimeter jump shot.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Believe it is a reference to Cassandre Propser who recently moved to #1 in the '23 class according to All Star Girls Report.

I had heard of Prosper, but admittedly didn't know much about her. After seeing this video, I like her. A 6'2" forward listed at #11 on Hoopgurlz. Still uncommitted. No doubt a lot of top 50 P5 programs are recruiting her.

Reaction Score
I had heard of Prosper, but admittedly didn't know much about her. After seeing this video, I like her. A 6'2" forward listed at #11 on Hoopgurlz. Still uncommitted. No doubt a lot of top 50 P5 programs are recruiting her.
I'd think that Kia and Aaliyah would get our Husky-snout in the door.

Reaction Score
Not to mention she earned an All Star nod at U17 Worlds this summer:

"While Cassandre Prosper left empty-handed and without a medal with Canada, she gained huge respect for her efforts by sealing the last All-Star Five spot. Her ability to make plays at both ends of the court impressed and she harvested an excellent 14.0 points, 9.6 rebounds, 4.6 steals and 2.4 assists per game."

Reaction Score
I've watched a couple of Prosper's hs games -- there aren't many available online -- and she's typically the largest player on the court. In the BioMetal game, she's unleashed to play as a point forward, and she's got some of the skills for it. But in her hs games, she doesn't get to do as much of this. I think this was also Aaliyah's trajectory in hs, stuck playing C much of the time, but really a point forward at heart. Then she came to UConn and found her natural spot at the 4.

Reaction Score
I'd think that Kia and Aaliyah would get our Husky-snout in the door.
Maybe, maybe not. A few programs are hoping Canadian/Canada Basketball ties are going to help them land her.

Notre Dame - She's been at Canada Basketball Senior team training sessions and Achonwa has been on hand. She's also has had a shootaround with Jewell Lloyd.

Louisville - She plays for the same prep program Merrisah Russell played for.

Had she stayed with the Kia Nurse Elite program this summer, I would think UConn would have a larger advantage because she would have spent more time with Kia's father Richard who runs the program. With her playing for BecomeOne's UAA program, who knows now?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The video is a repost. You should dip into the monthly recruiting thread more often. Prosper recruiting has been very low keep but I hope UCONN is still after her.

Reaction Score
will geno pull the trygger on the swede? or does he sphinx the egyptian is really really really good? does he juste go balltic? or maybe his nurse is persuadian another canadian?? :)
Very clever, enjoyable! .. u r a true logodaedalist, eh?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not to mention she earned an All Star nod at U17 Worlds this summer:

"While Cassandre Prosper left empty-handed and without a medal with Canada, she gained huge respect for her efforts by sealing the last All-Star Five spot. Her ability to make plays at both ends of the court impressed and she harvested an excellent 14.0 points, 9.6 rebounds, 4.6 steals and 2.4 assists per game."

If you remember earlier this year I sang Juju Watkins’ praises. I said she was can’t miss. All of the awards and accolades she’s received this spring and summer were not a surprise.

She’s going to be a HUGE get for somebody. She’ll be a 4 year starter, then on to the WNBA. I think she could have played college basketball this year and held her own. Remember her name. You’ll hear and read about her often beginning a year from now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What are our chances? Any idea which way (if any) she’s leaning?
Her recruiting is very under the radar. It’s a well kept secret. Fingers crossed!

Reaction Score
If you remember earlier this year I sang Juju Watkins’ praises. I said she was can’t miss. All of the awards and accolades she’s received this spring and summer were not a surprise.

She’s going to be a HUGE get for somebody. She’ll be a 4 year starter, then on to the WNBA. I think she could have played college basketball this year and held her own. Remember her name. You’ll hear and read about her often beginning a year from now.
I'm a fan of JuJu, however I don't know if we need to be reminded of her name. I'm looking forward to seeing her play at the next level. She's exciting and whichever program gets her commitment will be very happy.

Reaction Score
What are our chances? Any idea which way (if any) she’s leaning?

Her recruiting is very under the radar. It’s a well kept secret. Fingers crossed!

One hint of a team that's still in the hunt is Notre Dame. An AC was in Ottawa recently to visit Capital Courts. With due respect to the rest of her team, I don't see anyone else on the roster who would catch their eye. Duke fans also think that they're in the running as well, per one of their boards. Coach Valley was noted as following her AAU Coach from BecomeOne this summer.

There's no indication up here that she has official visits planned. The OSBA season is starting to kick off as well. If UConn is in the running, First Night may be the only indication if she makes a visit.

Reaction Score
I hope we are still in the hunt for Prosper and concrete information is hard to come by regarding her. Rightly or wrongly, I believed the recruitment of Q was a sign that our odds for the top wings had slipped. Players like Booker and Prosper for example. In Bookers case that appeared to be the case, but with Prosper she was more of a late bloomer, so some programs were indicating a serious interest much later in the process.

In that scenario I think Uconn could still be in the hunt, even if they didn't indicate an interest until late. Some players have already produced their short list, like with Nika, but when Uconn tries to crash the party late, they add another place setting at the table. Teams like Notre Dame may have been recruiting her with more effort for longer, but the Uconn reputation enables them to be a pretty effective late competitor. A similar situation could be El Alfy where supposedly Louisville was all over her for some time, but now Uconn is a late entry with a chance.

Reaction Score
I hope we are still in the hunt for Prosper and concrete information is hard to come by regarding her. Rightly or wrongly, I believed the recruitment of Q was a sign that our odds for the top wings had slipped. Players like Booker and Prosper for example. In Bookers case that appeared to be the case, but with Prosper she was more of a late bloomer, so some programs were indicating a serious interest much later in the process.

In that scenario I think Uconn could still be in the hunt, even if they didn't indicate an interest until late. Some players have already produced their short list, like with Nika, but when Uconn tries to crash the party late, they add another place setting at the table. Teams like Notre Dame may have been recruiting her with more effort for longer, but the Uconn reputation enables them to be a pretty effective late competitor. A similar situation could be El Alfy where supposedly Louisville was all over her for some time, but now Uconn is a late entry with a chance.

This was the case with Aaliyah. I believe this was also the case with Kia if memory serves correct. Hopefully fans will get an update soon either way.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This was the case with Aaliyah. I believe this was also the case with Kia if memory serves correct. Hopefully fans will get an update soon either way.
UConn definitely became involved with Kia Nurse late, as in August before the start of her senior year of HS. UConn's interest was not a secret, though.

Edwards herself was very quiet about her recruitment, but we had some information to suggest UConn was interested in her. Chris Dailey watched all of Canada's U19 World Cup games in August 2019. Confirmation of Edwards's interest in UConn came with her appearance at First Night in October 2019. She committed to UConn during her visit and announced it a week or so later.

As for Prosper, I have nothing. A paid recruiting service said back in August of 2021 that UConn was recruiting her but that service tends to be all over the place with its information. There have been reports of ND recruiting her, and Stanford may be as well. No reports of visits anywhere as far as I know.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of JuJu, however I don't know if we need to be reminded of her name. I'm looking forward to seeing her play at the next level. She's exciting and whichever program gets her commitment will be very happy.
We need to be reminded. I’ve read on the yard JuJu Watson. Lol

Reaction Score
As an FYI - I noticed the the OSBA schedule has been released and saw that Capital Courts has a game scheduled for Friday Oct 14. Will be interesting to see if Prosper is on hand or in CT for First Night.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun Clip with Zameraya Jones mic'd up at Wooten. Alot of KK Arnold. Especially at end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom