October Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, he alluded to 2. 1 was Patterson and there was another one that we assumed would be KK or rice. Wasnt a definite obviously but mentioned 2 possible recruits. We will see! I feel good if she is in fact visiting us last that weekend.

Also we already had Brady locked up at that point and the transfer portal wasnt open yet so Dorka want an option then. Thats why I was thinking he meant either Kk or Rice as the 2nd he referenced in that interview. .

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
MANSFIELD, Texas – October in Texas means marquee matchups in grassroots girls basketball. The 2021 ProspectsNation.com Friday Night Lights training session allows some of the nation’s best players to train with three members of the McDonald’s All-American Selection Committee ahead of a weekend of competition.

Devin Coppinger of Everson, Washington, is a known commodity in the Northwest and seeing her compete on this platform solidifies that she can compete with the best in the country.

(Mary Ashley) Groot has really blossomed into her own over the past twelve months. She is such a versatile option in the front court with multiple NCAA Tournament caliber program offers already. We'll train again in Boston later this month.

Cameron Rust of South Kingstown, Rhode Island, is a matchup nightmare. The 6-2 forward from the 2024 class is starting to add the long range jumper that will frustrate defenders as she’s too strong and skilled off the bounce to play close.

Chloe Kitts of Oveido, Florida, has a jumper now. That’s scary as she’s almost impossible to stop from getting to the rim where her length and bounce make the bucket hard to stop.

Reaction Score
Well we still have over a month to go before the early signing period begins (November 10), but recruits can always make announcements early--maybe we will get some good news in coming weeks. Here is my list of 2022 and 2023 targets.
Class of 2022:
Commits:
Isuneh Brady, 6-4, San Diego, Blue Star #5, Hoop Girlz #4
Ayanna Patterson, 6-3, Fort Wayne IN, BS#6, Hoop gurlz#5
Still in the hunt:
Kiki Rice, 5-11, Washington DC, BS#7, Hoopgirlz #2
AZ, BC, UConn, UCLA, Duke, Lousiville, MD, Michigan, UNC, Stanford, Yale
T'yana Todd, 6-0, Canada
UConn, Georgetown, Lousiville, MSU, Syracuse
Class of 2023 (no commits)
offers
Kamora Arnold 5-8, Germantown WI, (offered in July)< BS#8, Hoopgurlz #8
Baylor, UConn, Duke, FLA, KY, Louisville, Marquette, ND, OSU, SC, Wisconsin
Breya Cunningham, 6-4, San Diego, (in her final group), BS# 4, Hoopgurlz #4
AZ, UCLA, UConn, Duke, ND, Oregon, SC, Texas
Ashlynn Shade, 5-10, Noblesville IM, (final group), Hoopgurlz #5
UConn, Indiana, Louisville, UNC, ND, Stanford, Tenn, Vandy
Madison Booker, 6-1, Germantown High, (final 9), Madison MS, BS#5, Hoopgurlz #6
UConn, Duke, FL St. , Louisville, MSU, Oregon, SC, Tenn, Texas
Ciera Toomey 6-4, Dunmore PA, (offered July), Hoopgurlz #3
UConn, UNC, MD, Baylor, ND, NCState, Vandy, Michigan, and others
interest??
Riley Stack 6-4 Piedmont SC, (no offer?)
Aalyah Del Rosario 6-5, Trenton NJ Hoopgurlz #13
Mikaylah Williams, 6-0, LA, Hoopgurlz #1

Reaction Score
Morgan Valley following 6-4 German forward Annika Soltau on IG. She appears to be a 2023. Soltau follows back.

Hat tip to Stoli.

Highlights from last month's U16 European challengers where Soltau averaged 17.4 points on 57% shooting, 11.4 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks.

Already 6'4", has that handle, can drive like a guard, can pass, rebounds, has good post moves and is a hardworking defender.....if she has an outside shot, would that remind you of someone who won 4 NCs at UConn? Hope she doesn't grow taller....192 cm is plenty!

In 5 games for the FIBA U16 2021 tournament, missed all her five 3pt attempts and was only 44.8% from the free throw line but averaged 11.4 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1 spg and 3.6 bpg. Promising indeed...

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
According to the Cardboard, KiKi is making an official visit to Stanford this weekend. This I believe is her third official visit, so I hope that we are in her plans for the final two. I know they can make unofficial visits, but if we are not in her travel plans then we can kiss her possible commitment to us goodbye.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ice Ice Brady! Can't wait! Brady is going to be a special operator from the UCONN mid or high post. From that position on the floor Brady can go back to the basket, primary facilitator, face up mid range, stretch 4 or take you off the bounce. Most complete skill set from that position since Junior/Senior Dolson.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great to see Ice dealing. But isn’t it a little early for the start of the HS basketball season?
This wasn't HS basketball it was something called Leave a Legacy Fall Showcase. Depending on the state you live in HS teams can participate in these events as a team although I believe there are limitations of the High School coaches actually coaching and there are also limits on the number of players on the same team playing as a team. Not sure what the rules are for California but Paige's HS team played in a bunch of these events and here in PA we have fall leagues expressly for the purpose of getting a head start on HS season.

Reaction Score
Only way to get all those offensive rebounds everyone craves :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This wasn't HS basketball it was something called Leave a Legacy Fall Showcase. Depending on the state you live in HS teams can participate in these events as a team although I believe there are limitations of the High School coaches actually coaching and there are also limits on the number of players on the same team playing as a team. Not sure what the rules are for California but Paige's HS team played in a bunch of these events and here in PA we have fall leagues expressly for the purpose of getting a head start on HS season.

That’s similar to summer HS football camps in pads where hitting is allowed. HS’s that run such camps typically have just about all of their players at the camp, although they can’t require their attendance and the camp has to be open to players from other schools.

Typically 2-4 HS get together to run a camp and their teams scrimmage each other.

Reaction Score
Well we still have over a month to go before the early signing period begins (November 10), but recruits can always make announcements early--maybe we will get some good news in coming weeks. Here is my list of 2022 and 2023 targets.
Class of 2022:
Commits:
Isuneh Brady, 6-4, San Diego, Blue Star #5, Hoop Girlz #4
Ayanna Patterson, 6-3, Fort Wayne IN, BS#6, Hoop gurlz#5
Still in the hunt:
Kiki Rice, 5-11, Washington DC, BS#7, Hoopgirlz #2
AZ, BC, UConn, UCLA, Duke, Lousiville, MD, Michigan, UNC, Stanford, Yale
T'yana Todd, 6-0, Canada
UConn, Georgetown, Lousiville, MSU, Syracuse
Class of 2023 (no commits)
offers
Kamora Arnold 5-8, Germantown WI, (offered in July)< BS#8, Hoopgurlz #8
Baylor, UConn, Duke, FLA, KY, Louisville, Marquette, ND, OSU, SC, Wisconsin
Breya Cunningham, 6-4, San Diego, (in her final group), BS# 4, Hoopgurlz #4
AZ, UCLA, UConn, Duke, ND, Oregon, SC, Texas
Ashlynn Shade, 5-10, Noblesville IM, (final group), Hoopgurlz #5
UConn, Indiana, Louisville, UNC, ND, Stanford, Tenn, Vandy
Madison Booker, 6-1, Germantown High, (final 9), Madison MS, BS#5, Hoopgurlz #6
UConn, Duke, FL St. , Louisville, MSU, Oregon, SC, Tenn, Texas
Ciera Toomey 6-4, Dunmore PA, (offered July), Hoopgurlz #3
UConn, UNC, MD, Baylor, ND, NCState, Vandy, Michigan, and others
interest??
Riley Stack 6-4 Piedmont SC, (no offer?)
Aalyah Del Rosario 6-5, Trenton NJ Hoopgurlz #13
Mikaylah Williams, 6-0, LA, Hoopgurlz #1

I think she needs to be taken off the list or moved to 2023. Per MaxPreps, it looks like she's reclassified since making the move to IMG.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
]]p
A report on Rice's officials and a sober look at UConn's chances

I don't see UCONN in running a long shot at best, an ok shot but a dark horse. Only because I'm assuming as mentioned before family tradition and Educational rep is a heavy consideration. I think she knows where she wants to go and that list to me was just a smokescreen. I see her pick at two extremes the obvious( Stanford, or an Ivy- I would say Princeton they're the best Ivy for wbb ) or unbelievable (as in didn't see that coming.) But she did say in an interview that she wants to win a championship and maybe play in the WNBA. I guess we'll find out soon.
Kiki Rice Interview Source wjla.com-by Scott Abraham ABC7

Reaction Score
]]p

I don't see UCONN in running a long shot at best, an ok shot but a dark horse. Only because I'm assuming as mentioned before family tradition and Educational rep is a heavy consideration. I think she knows where she wants to go and that list to me was just a smokescreen. I see her pick at two extremes the obvious( Stanford, or an Ivy- I would say Princeton they're the best Ivy for wbb ) or unbelievable (as in didn't see that coming.) But she did say in an interview that she wants to win a championship and maybe play in the WNBA. I guess we'll find out soon.
I think Yale was her only Ivy team in her final 11

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A report on Rice's officials and a sober look at UConn's chances

Before we all hang our heads in defeat, let me just point out that these two guys know no more than the BY does when it comes to Rice. In fact, they probably know less. The moderator admits several times to information on Rice’s recruitment being, “foggy.” He also doesn’t know the 3rd school she has visited. One of the reasons for this is that unlike some HS recruits, Rice doesn’t post everything she does on Twitter & Instagram.

Finally, he makes the case for Rice to Stanford based on all the young guards at UConn, and goes on to list Paige, Azzi & Caroline. What he fails to mention, and perhaps isn’t aware of, is that Stanford’s incoming freshman class includes 4 guards, and they’re all pretty good.

I’m not giving up on Rice to UConn just yet, and I strongly suspect that Geno hasn’t given up yet either.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm guessing Duke will be next weekend a she will wrap up at Uconn for First Night festivities on the weekend of the the 15th. Geno, Paige and Company will seal the deal. :) I think she may be the 2nd commitment Geno was expecting from that interview awhile back.
You just answered that very question I was going to ask. :)

Reaction Score
]]p

I see Stanford potentially ahead of us, but not Duke but who knows. Obviously both of those schools meet the academic criteria, but I think I heard Kiki say in one video she wants to be with a program that is competing for a national championship "every" year. If that is truly a must have, then many of her 11 schools would seem to fall short. Duke for example is a good and possibly great program in the future, but would they be a real contender in 22/23? Stanford though with Jones, Brink and Betts obviously could be with the academics.

I think another factor is if she sees herself as a pure point guard, we probably are a long-shot because of Paige and Nika. If she views herself as a swiss army knife (a little like Evina) that could play three positions in college and the pros, then Uconn's chances would appear much better.

Hope we hear soon that she is attending first night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom